Peptidedudez
Explorer
Reta use began November 2025.
1mg for week 1
2mg during weeks 2 through 4
4mg during weeks 5 through 8
5mg from week 8 to week 12
Starting stats: 269lbs on the scale, 73lbs fat, 188lbs lean mass, 27.2% body fat
Current stats: 231lbs, 54lbs fat, 168lbs lean mass, 23.7% body fat
I live in the gym and do weight training 5x weekly on a consistent basis. The scale going down a lot makes me happy, but what doesn't sit right is that fat accounted for 50% of the loss while muscle made up the other 50%. Fat mass dropped by 18lbs, muscle dropped by 19lbs.
The idea that retatrutide carries some kind of muscle sparing benefit does not hold up. I'll be honest: my protein intake slipped compared to what it was before reta because my appetite got hit. Still, I can't picture how much more muscle would have been gone if I weren't lifting.
Dexa scan results are attached
1mg for week 1
2mg during weeks 2 through 4
4mg during weeks 5 through 8
5mg from week 8 to week 12
Starting stats: 269lbs on the scale, 73lbs fat, 188lbs lean mass, 27.2% body fat
Current stats: 231lbs, 54lbs fat, 168lbs lean mass, 23.7% body fat
I live in the gym and do weight training 5x weekly on a consistent basis. The scale going down a lot makes me happy, but what doesn't sit right is that fat accounted for 50% of the loss while muscle made up the other 50%. Fat mass dropped by 18lbs, muscle dropped by 19lbs.
The idea that retatrutide carries some kind of muscle sparing benefit does not hold up. I'll be honest: my protein intake slipped compared to what it was before reta because my appetite got hit. Still, I can't picture how much more muscle would have been gone if I weren't lifting.
Dexa scan results are attached