My passport photo looks nothing like me šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø(ozempic face) šŸ™ƒ

Grogu

Explorer
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Messages
651
Reaction score
2
Location
Coruscant
Next week I'm headed abroad for work, so this morning I pulled out my passport to check I had grabbed the right one — and it hit me that the person in that photo bears no resemblance to me now. My face in it is puffy and wide. The gaps around my eyes are smaller (likely because of fat), and there's a big double chin. I'm scowling in it. Maybe I could just copy that scowl. The overall shape of my face is wildly different. What used to be a full oval has transformed. While typing this, it just dawned on me that I likely have what people online call ozempic face šŸ˜‚. Who even is that in the pictures?

Joking aside, I should probably get this photo redone next year. Also, does anybody know how to say "I'm on the shot" in Italian?

Has anyone here had any memorable encounters with immigration officers?
 
My picture doesn't match my current face either! Since dropping the weight, I haven't attempted any international travel, though I suspect it would cause issues. Isn't the only fix to apply for a brand new passport so the photo gets replaced? With practically everyone and their mother taking GLP1 these days lol, I figure this situation is only going to happen more and more.
 
There’s no need to announce ā€œI’m on the shotā€ verbally. Simply clench your hand into a fist and give a quick, knowing tap to one side of your lower abdomen—the spot where your pinky curls in is the exact place you’d hit. A doctor used precisely that gesture with me last week to ask whether I was taking any GLp-1 medications, and I couldn’t help but laugh, because the meaning came across instantly and unmistakably.
 
Down 80lbs since that picture was taken. Took a trip last week — nobody batted an eye. The biometric photo at global entry matched me without any trouble at all. It might surprise you how seldom a real person actually examines your passport these days
 
A few years back, when I tried to cast a ballot, they turned me away from the regular process and only let me use a provisional ballot — the reason given was that my ID no longer matched my appearance after I'd dropped 135lb. That pushed me to replace both my driver's license and my passport. My global entry interview came up soon after the new passport arrived, so I showed up with both documents, since I'd scheduled the interview back before getting the replacement. The officer told me, [[Q1]] A ripped agent saying that to me felt pretty cool.
 
Since that passport picture was taken back in 2018, I’ve been abroad several times, and I’m down 80 lbs from then. In my eyes, the difference is huge, yet nothing has ever gone wrong. The facial recognition systems still figure out it’s me. Voting places don’t use that kind of technology, or at least they don’t around here.
 
GroundBison said:

My picture doesn't match my current face either! Since dropping the weight, I haven't attempted any international travel, though I suspect it would cause issues. Isn't the only fix to apply for a brand new passport so the photo gets replaced? With practically everyone and their mother taking GLP1 these days lol, I figure this situation is only going to happen more and more.

Exactly! A fresh passport plus the fee for it. Still, I figure it'll be worth it.
 
domin8brix said:

A few years back, when I tried to cast a ballot, they turned me away from the regular process and only let me use a provisional ballot — the reason given was that my ID no longer matched my appearance after I'd dropped 135lb. That pushed me to replace both my driver's license and my passport. My global entry interview came up soon after the new passport arrived, so I showed up with both documents, since I'd scheduled the interview back before getting the replacement. The officer told me, [[Q1]] A ripped agent saying that to me felt pretty cool.

Amazing work on the weight loss, that's fantastic!

I'll for sure get my passport updated this summer, since I'm with the agent on this one—you just never know. 999 out of 1,000 times nothing will ever come up, but there's that 1% of 1% and an agent who's having a bad day.
 
randompersonrandom said:

There’s no need to announce ā€œI’m on the shotā€ verbally. Simply clench your hand into a fist and give a quick, knowing tap to one side of your lower abdomen—the spot where your pinky curls in is the exact place you’d hit. A doctor used precisely that gesture with me last week to ask whether I was taking any GLp-1 medications, and I couldn’t help but laugh, because the meaning came across instantly and unmistakably.

Those aren't the words I'd have chosen myself, I was just being a bit facetious. šŸ˜‚

Still, I'm a big fan of the body language approach, it gets past any language barrier. If anyone questions me, that's what I'll do.
 
Grogu said:

domin8brix said:

A few years back, when I tried to cast a ballot, they turned me away from the regular process and only let me use a provisional ballot — the reason given was that my ID no longer matched my appearance after I'd dropped 135lb. That pushed me to replace both my driver's license and my passport. My global entry interview came up soon after the new passport arrived, so I showed up with both documents, since I'd scheduled the interview back before getting the replacement. The officer told me, [[Q1]] A ripped agent saying that to me felt pretty cool.

Amazing work on the weight loss, that's fantastic!

I'll for sure get my passport updated this summer, since I'm with the agent on this one—you just never know. 999 out of 1,000 times nothing will ever come up, but there's that 1% of 1% and an agent who's having a bad day.
Thanks so much!

I'm with you — it didn't seem like a gamble worth taking.
 
Back
Top