My Ozempic/Mounjaro/Retatrutide journey

Johnny D

Explorer
Joined
Apr 25, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yesterday I administered my initial GLP-1 injection — 0.125mg of Ozempic.

So far, nothing major in terms of side-effects. Slight dizziness, but no nausea at all.

I deal with IBS and carry 20-25 lbs of extra weight.

180 lbs is the weight I'm aiming for. Right now I'm sitting between 200 and 205 lbs.

The approach: stick with Ozempic for the first 3-4 months and see whether I can shed roughly 10-15 lbs.

Once that's done, I'll drop Ozempic and switch to either Mounjaro or Reta.

Which one, I haven't settled on yet, though it'll likely be a Reta + tesamorelin stack aimed at eliminating the remaining belly fat and stomach bloating.

At some point I also intend to work in a KPV + BPC stack to assist with healing my IBS.

Wish me luck people 👍
 
On this plan, the pounds should come off, no doubt. That said, Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) is what I'd pick to begin with, since I'm quite partial to it. It tends to bring quicker results on the scale, plus there are extra health advantages it offers that Ozempic lacks. Before long, another person will chime in suggesting Reta as the starting point.
 
FartfulCodger said:

On this plan, the pounds should come off, no doubt. That said, Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) is what I'd pick to begin with, since I'm quite partial to it. It tends to bring quicker results on the scale, plus there are extra health advantages it offers that Ozempic lacks. Before long, another person will chime in suggesting Reta as the starting point.
Seems like he's already heading toward Reta




Switching from Ozempic to Retatrutide



Once I've shed pounds with Ozempic, my plan is to move over to Retatrutide for dropping some extra body fat. How long do I need to wait before beginning Reta so the Ozempic is out of my system??

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
Derbyshire said:

FartfulCodger said:

On this plan, the pounds should come off, no doubt. That said, Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) is what I'd pick to begin with, since I'm quite partial to it. It tends to bring quicker results on the scale, plus there are extra health advantages it offers that Ozempic lacks. Before long, another person will chime in suggesting Reta as the starting point.
Seems like he's already heading toward Reta




Switching from Ozempic to Retatrutide



Once I've shed pounds with Ozempic, my plan is to move over to Retatrutide for dropping some extra body fat. How long do I need to wait before beginning Reta so the Ozempic is out of my system??

View attachment 10696


GLP1Chat.com
I probably will, though I'm not 100% certain at this point
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
Day 3 of Ozempic for me, and so far no side effects at all.

Nothing in terms of constipation, nausea, or meaningful tiredness. Zero.

The one thing I've noticed is intense thirst — I'm putting away a lot of water and running to the bathroom constantly. I've lost about 1 pound already, though that's likely just water.
 
Johnny D said:

Yesterday I administered my initial GLP-1 injection — 0.125mg of Ozempic.

So far, nothing major in terms of side-effects. Slight dizziness, but no nausea at all.

I deal with IBS and carry 20-25 lbs of extra weight.

180 lbs is the weight I'm aiming for. Right now I'm sitting between 200 and 205 lbs.

The approach: stick with Ozempic for the first 3-4 months and see whether I can shed roughly 10-15 lbs.

Once that's done, I'll drop Ozempic and switch to either Mounjaro or Reta.

Which one, I haven't settled on yet, though it'll likely be a Reta + tesamorelin stack aimed at eliminating the remaining belly fat and stomach bloating.

At some point I also intend to work in a KPV + BPC stack to assist with healing my IBS.

Wish me luck people 👍
I'm curious about GLP overall, and also about BPC for gut inflammation — I have UC, so I'm wondering whether it might help with that
 
px1984 said:

Johnny D said:

Yesterday I administered my initial GLP-1 injection — 0.125mg of Ozempic.

So far, nothing major in terms of side-effects. Slight dizziness, but no nausea at all.

I deal with IBS and carry 20-25 lbs of extra weight.

180 lbs is the weight I'm aiming for. Right now I'm sitting between 200 and 205 lbs.

The approach: stick with Ozempic for the first 3-4 months and see whether I can shed roughly 10-15 lbs.

Once that's done, I'll drop Ozempic and switch to either Mounjaro or Reta.

Which one, I haven't settled on yet, though it'll likely be a Reta + tesamorelin stack aimed at eliminating the remaining belly fat and stomach bloating.

At some point I also intend to work in a KPV + BPC stack to assist with healing my IBS.

Wish me luck people 👍
I'm curious about GLP overall, and also about BPC for gut inflammation — I have UC, so I'm wondering whether it might help with that
For gut inflammation, KPV is something I'd include as well
 
When it comes to BPC for ongoing management, I have some doubts. Based on what I've observed, it reduces pro-inflammatory cytokines (alphta tumor necrosis factor, interleukin 6), yet it won't cure the root issue.
 
lastresort said:

When it comes to BPC for ongoing management, I have some doubts. Based on what I've observed, it reduces pro-inflammatory cytokines (alphta tumor necrosis factor, interleukin 6), yet it won't cure the root issue.
UC and similar conditions cannot be 'cured' regardless, so whether it's medication or peptides, the only goal is symptom improvement
 
Johnny D said:

I've stopped drinking alcohol entirely as well.

That said, the World Cup is on the horizon, so it's not going to be a walk in the park 🤔
These days I've moved over to non-alcoholic beer. My drinking had already tapered off to almost nothing, so there's nothing I feel deprived of — except maybe the rare morning-after misery following a night at my neighbor's place. The flavor of beer is still something I like, so Busch N/A has worked well for satisfying that craving, minus the alcohol buzz, which I'd lost interest in anyway.
 
Collo4sho said:

Johnny D said:

I've stopped drinking alcohol entirely as well.

That said, the World Cup is on the horizon, so it's not going to be a walk in the park 🤔
These days I've moved over to non-alcoholic beer. My drinking had already tapered off to almost nothing, so there's nothing I feel deprived of — except maybe the rare morning-after misery following a night at my neighbor's place. The flavor of beer is still something I like, so Busch N/A has worked well for satisfying that craving, minus the alcohol buzz, which I'd lost interest in anyway.
I've had 6 vodka and lime juice drinks by now, and honestly the alcohol is hitting me harder than it ever did before I started Ozempic. That sounds nuts, I know — but it's what I'm experiencing 😀
 
On Reta, my desire for a beer has actually gone down more than my appetite for food!
 
Back
Top