My new protein shake

AcadiaPeptides

Explorer
Joined
Feb 16, 2026
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Location
Maine
At times the answer just presents itself. I've only been using Tirz for a few months, and while getting used to eating less, I've come to see that I need more protein to give my body what it requires. You can read endlessly about needing more protein, but once your body reacts to getting more, it clicks. So I began browsing the protein shakes and powders aisle at the grocery store—a section I'd always skipped—trying one shake, then another, without settling on any. I can't stand those paper-foil laminated containers called Tetra Pak that all of these come in, but since I'm trying to stay open-minded and need the protein, I'm experimenting with them.

Eventually I chose to make my own. These are the factors that shaped my morning shake and why it felt like it came together on its own. After sampling many, I lean toward vanilla. Check. There's always yogurt in the fridge for the family. Check. We keep chickens. This might be a contentious topic, but raising our own chickens has always made it simpler for me to regularly eat raw eggs. If you've never had a Margarita with raw egg whites, you're missing something. What do you figure gives that sour mix its froth? Dried egg white. In any case, the shake would include 2 whole raw eggs. A little of the cheap vanilla protein powder. Some ice and a splash of milk to fill the cup. The cup! What truly convinced me to make my own—and the fact that I already owned nearly everything—is that I already have a Ninja blender AND the shaker cups that go with it from when we made baby food 12 years ago. I found them, dug them out, and my protein shake was taking shape. So here's the recipe.

The 24oz Ninja Protein Power Smoothie

Perfectly portioned for a standard 24oz Ninja blender cup.

Prep time: 2 minutes | Servings: 1 | Total Volume: ~24 oz

​

Ingredients

  • 1 scoop Protein Powder (Vanilla, Chocolate, or Unflavored)
  • 2 Home Grown Raw Eggs
  • 1 large spoonful Vanilla Yogurt
  • Ice: Fill cup approximately 3/4 full
  • Water or Milk: Top off to the "Max Fill" line
​

Instructions

Add Base Solids:
Put the protein powder and vanilla yogurt at the bottom of the Ninja 24oz Cup.

Add Eggs: Crack the two home-grown eggs into the cup.

Ice Layer: Add ice until the cup is about three-quarters full. This gives the "frothy" texture you expect from a chilled protein shake.

Liquid Fill: Pour water or milk over the ice until it hits the Max Fill line on your Ninja cup.

Blend: Attach the blade assembly and blend for 30–45 seconds until it's completely smooth.
 
Thanks for posting this. I'll definitely give it a go! Probably cheaper than the ready-made Pure Protein I keep buying at Sam's.
 
oldrunnerguy said:

Thanks for posting this. I'll definitely give it a go! Probably cheaper than the ready-made Pure Protein I keep buying at Sam's.
Plus you can tweak it however you like. Since I already had the majority of these ingredients, the recipe practically came together on its own, and the equipment was already sitting in my cabinet.
 
We mix ours at home. Into a shaker cup goes 8-10oz water, 1 scoop of protein powder in whatever flavor you like, 1 scoop collagen, plus a scoop of oat bran. A few ice cubes usually get tossed in as well. Most days that serves as our lunch.
 
AcadiaPeptides said:

At times the answer just presents itself. I've only been using Tirz for a few months, and while getting used to eating less, I've come to see that I need more protein to give my body what it requires. You can read endlessly about needing more protein, but once your body reacts to getting more, it clicks. So I began browsing the protein shakes and powders aisle at the grocery store—a section I'd always skipped—trying one shake, then another, without settling on any. I can't stand those paper-foil laminated containers called Tetra Pak that all of these come in, but since I'm trying to stay open-minded and need the protein, I'm experimenting with them.

Eventually I chose to make my own. These are the factors that shaped my morning shake and why it felt like it came together on its own. After sampling many, I lean toward vanilla. Check. There's always yogurt in the fridge for the family. Check. We keep chickens. This might be a contentious topic, but raising our own chickens has always made it simpler for me to regularly eat raw eggs. If you've never had a Margarita with raw egg whites, you're missing something. What do you figure gives that sour mix its froth? Dried egg white. In any case, the shake would include 2 whole raw eggs. A little of the cheap vanilla protein powder. Some ice and a splash of milk to fill the cup. The cup! What truly convinced me to make my own—and the fact that I already owned nearly everything—is that I already have a Ninja blender AND the shaker cups that go with it from when we made baby food 12 years ago. I found them, dug them out, and my protein shake was taking shape. So here's the recipe.

The 24oz Ninja Protein Power Smoothie

Perfectly portioned for a standard 24oz Ninja blender cup.

Prep time: 2 minutes | Servings: 1 | Total Volume: ~24 oz

​

Ingredients

  • 1 scoop Protein Powder (Vanilla, Chocolate, or Unflavored)
  • 2 Home Grown Raw Eggs
  • 1 large spoonful Vanilla Yogurt
  • Ice: Fill cup approximately 3/4 full
  • Water or Milk: Top off to the "Max Fill" line
​

Instructions

Add Base Solids:
Put the protein powder and vanilla yogurt at the bottom of the Ninja 24oz Cup.

Add Eggs: Crack the two home-grown eggs into the cup.

Ice Layer: Add ice until the cup is about three-quarters full. This gives the "frothy" texture you expect from a chilled protein shake.

Liquid Fill: Pour water or milk over the ice until it hits the Max Fill line on your Ninja cup.

Blend: Attach the blade assembly and blend for 30–45 seconds until it's completely smooth.

d081ed5851486f36af0946214c57b8b8bd2341de262dd78a1d304ef9ccf683c5.gif
 
Back
Top