My mother's first GLP-1 - which one would you pick?

spanky2026 said:

On side effects Tirz has the gentler profile, and depending on what you read it's much better at quieting food noise, so it might do a better job with her evening sweet tooth? Then again, a good friend of mine runs Tirz and has the same evening snacking issue, and controlling it is proving very hard for her in spite of the Tirz.

I'm an older female as well and Tirz is something I adore, though had Reta been around back when I started? Its apparent much faster weight loss would probably have appealed. The RHR issue there still concerns me though.
RHR and the "Reta-somnia"? My sister runs RETA and says she's done once this vial is finished.. pure Tirzepatide is what she's going back to. It was split dosing she was on, and the sides have made her pretty unhappy. Welp, the rest of the Reta kit comes my way for whenever I finally want to try it then 😅😅
 
For the reasons already mentioned up thread, Tirz is where I'd start her.

Plenty of the teledoc compounding services in the USA that prescribe Tirz use a standard protocol: the first 2 weeks sit at 1mg/week. Assuming no adverse effects, titrate up to 2mg/week after two weeks. It is plain vanilla advice aimed at the masses being managed remotely. Unless a physician is watching in, I'd go with that. Reta as her start would mean no more than 1mg, and .5mg is reasonable too. Physician oversight is also less likely for Reta.

Her cholesterol med might be adjustable downward, and Tirz is a help with quitting cigarettes if she has the motivation.
 
Back
Top