fatboy1234
Explorer
How things went for me using semaglutide through a compounding pharmacy.
The cost was $300 each month. A single vial arrived every 3 months. After month 4 I stopped, and months 5 and 6 were never billed to me. All told, $1138 went toward 25mg of semaglutide...
Weeks
1-4: 5 units (0.25mg)
5-8: 10 units (0.5mg)
9+ : 20 units (1mg)
Back in 2017, while I was young, I managed to get lean "naturally." My weight dropped from 190 pounds down to 155 pounds, extremely lean. Once I hit 155 pounds, binge eating became almost impossible to stop. I stayed around 180 pounds until I relocated to a car only state and took an office job. Eventually my weight shot up past 250 pounds. On semaglutide, over roughly 5 months, I dropped from 250 pounds to about 210 pounds, so it worked.
The initial months opened my eyes. Food noise, and a life centered on food, disappeared. Whenever I attempted to binge eat or eat for fun the way I always had, a few bites left me FULL. It was great. Around the same period I also got braces, which might have contributed to my reduced desire to eat, since my jaw and teeth were entirely sore. For a chronic binge eater, someone who copes through food, using a GLP is a life changing experience.
Around month 4-5, I believe the effects wore off. I could go back to my binge eating habits (a whole bag of chips plus several protein bars as lunch). Raising the dose would have meant paying roughly another $100 per month. So I chose to leave semaglutide behind because of the expense.
My weight crept back up and food took over my life once more. I'm at 250 pounds again, though I did add some muscle and stayed consistent at the gym for nearly a year. I wish these chemicals were legal and readily available to the public. Now I'm getting ready to try reta.
The cost was $300 each month. A single vial arrived every 3 months. After month 4 I stopped, and months 5 and 6 were never billed to me. All told, $1138 went toward 25mg of semaglutide...
Weeks
1-4: 5 units (0.25mg)
5-8: 10 units (0.5mg)
9+ : 20 units (1mg)
Back in 2017, while I was young, I managed to get lean "naturally." My weight dropped from 190 pounds down to 155 pounds, extremely lean. Once I hit 155 pounds, binge eating became almost impossible to stop. I stayed around 180 pounds until I relocated to a car only state and took an office job. Eventually my weight shot up past 250 pounds. On semaglutide, over roughly 5 months, I dropped from 250 pounds to about 210 pounds, so it worked.
The initial months opened my eyes. Food noise, and a life centered on food, disappeared. Whenever I attempted to binge eat or eat for fun the way I always had, a few bites left me FULL. It was great. Around the same period I also got braces, which might have contributed to my reduced desire to eat, since my jaw and teeth were entirely sore. For a chronic binge eater, someone who copes through food, using a GLP is a life changing experience.
Around month 4-5, I believe the effects wore off. I could go back to my binge eating habits (a whole bag of chips plus several protein bars as lunch). Raising the dose would have meant paying roughly another $100 per month. So I chose to leave semaglutide behind because of the expense.
My weight crept back up and food took over my life once more. I'm at 250 pounds again, though I did add some muscle and stayed consistent at the gym for nearly a year. I wish these chemicals were legal and readily available to the public. Now I'm getting ready to try reta.