I've been using retatrutide for roughly 10 weeks now. My dose started at 1 mg and has climbed to 4 mg. I wanted to describe how appetite suppression actually presents for me, since a lot of discussion focuses on Reta not producing much appetite suppression. My height is 5'10", my starting weight was 226 lbs, and I'm currently sitting around 212 lbs. The majority of that drop came after I reached 2 mg.
People typically talk about four sensations: less food noise, blunted cravings, early fullness, and dampened food pleasure. Of those, only 1 truly applies to me: I feel full faster.
The "food noise" hasn't gone anywhere. I still think about meals and snacks the same way I always have, and food still gives me pleasure. If anything, I continue to enjoy eating and get genuine satisfaction from meals. I still drink beer and enjoy that too.
My cravings have gone down, but that has more to do with getting full sooner than with losing interest in food. I eat smaller portions because I'm satisfied earlier, not because I feel disconnected from food.
For me, that early fullness is a positive: I'm still very much a food-lover, and I don't want to lose the joy of eating. Reta simply helps me feel satisfied with less. I hope this helps some people understand the difference. Maybe if I keep titrating up, the other elements of appetite suppression will kick in, but I'm very happy with the feeling I get now.
People typically talk about four sensations: less food noise, blunted cravings, early fullness, and dampened food pleasure. Of those, only 1 truly applies to me: I feel full faster.
The "food noise" hasn't gone anywhere. I still think about meals and snacks the same way I always have, and food still gives me pleasure. If anything, I continue to enjoy eating and get genuine satisfaction from meals. I still drink beer and enjoy that too.
My cravings have gone down, but that has more to do with getting full sooner than with losing interest in food. I eat smaller portions because I'm satisfied earlier, not because I feel disconnected from food.
For me, that early fullness is a positive: I'm still very much a food-lover, and I don't want to lose the joy of eating. Reta simply helps me feel satisfied with less. I hope this helps some people understand the difference. Maybe if I keep titrating up, the other elements of appetite suppression will kick in, but I'm very happy with the feeling I get now.