My experience trying Hers for GLP-1 medication

Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
I realise that hardly anyone around here bothers with the telehealth or medspa route, but I deliberately chose it to begin with, mostly so that I could try the medication out without running my own testing and CoA analysis. Put another way: I accepted a higher price for a short while simply to find out how it made me feel.

So here is my account of what it was like dealing with Hers, the same company that trades as Hims when it is aimed at men. Sadly, no medication ever reached me.

When I joined, I took the advertised $39/month membership to cover the medication as well. That assumption was my error — once I read the details properly, it became clear the drugs themselves would push the bill up to somewhere near $149.

Having worked that out, my plan was to take the first month of medication and then drop the membership straight afterwards, moving to a cheaper provider.

Everything went wrong from that point on.

Once the membership was gone, Hers would not fill the prescription a clinician had already written for me. Getting anywhere with their support system was a miserable process. On a phone their messaging tool misbehaves — messages are regularly fired off half-finished while you are still typing.

Worse still, so much of that support runs on automated AI replies. I work in software, so the tell-tale signs are obvious to me. The moment it is handed a broken or amended message, context gets dropped and the answers start contradicting each other.

As one example, it kept telling me to “reinstate” the membership via a menu item that simply is not present on the phone app or on the website. Once I said so, the support AI changed tack and claimed the only fix was to buy a brand new membership at $149.99 and chase a refund afterwards.

I told them no. The original fee was already paid, and the prescription had already been approved. Even so, Hers would not fill it.

After all of this I have almost no faith left in the company or in the support setup behind it. Looking back, maybe I ought to have kept the membership alive until the drugs were physically on their way, but given how the whole thing played out, I doubt the order would have gone out before yet another billing cycle came around.

Taken as a whole, this ranks among the worst customer experiences I have had, and anyone thinking of joining should read the price structure and the cancellation terms with great care first.

In the end I got a human on the phone, and they gave me the same line the automated system had: another membership at $149.99 is required, because reinstating the original one is, they claim, beyond them.
 
On that one I would raise a chargeback with the card issuer, since the item you paid for never arrived. It may be worth telling them that is the next move, and giving them a final chance to deliver.
 
Yeah - I went with gimme, and back then 3 months came to $489. What turned up was a 3 month supply, and it took a fortnight or so to get there. Once 2 months had passed I dropped the subscription, because I could not keep paying that much, and they let it go. Cancelling was done inside the app; I just had to work out where the option lived by searching on google. I have also read about people being billed $100 when a doctor had already been consulted or a prescription issued. There could well be something about it buried in the fine print. What HERS has in its own fine print I cannot say, but a business that well known will certainly have plenty of legal mumbo jumbo in there.
 
For compounded product there is a long list of telehealth outfits that beat Hers. My advice would be to dig a great deal deeper before handing money to anyone else, assuming compounded is still what you want. Anything advertised below $100 is normally just the membership fee.
 
FreshAndEasy said:

On that one I would raise a chargeback with the card issuer, since the item you paid for never arrived. It may be worth telling them that is the next move, and giving them a final chance to deliver.
Both of those are already under way. When I put it to customer service, the reply was that the only way they could help was for me to send 149 more.
 
ochoseis said:

For compounded product there is a long list of telehealth outfits that beat Hers. My advice would be to dig a great deal deeper before handing money to anyone else, assuming compounded is still what you want. Anything advertised below $100 is normally just the membership fee.
Orderly meds is the one I have my eye on next, though it will likely be another 3 months before I can go that route.

What drew me to hers was being able to get hold of pills. A good many of the membership based outfits do offer them, it seems, pills that is.

Injections do not bother me at all, but there is a fair amount of work travel ahead of me, and carrying a pill around is simpler than carrying a syringe, particularly as I am only at the beginning of all this.
 
Gimme is where I get my Tirz at the moment, while I work out how to move over to grey. It has only been 5 weeks so far, so this is all still unfamiliar. The compounding scare had me slightly on edge, so I asked them about it. Their answer was that my next delivery would be unaffected, but we shall see.

Having read a good deal on here, what now strikes me as odd is that they shipped a 72mg/4ml vial to cover the whole first round. From what I have seen posted here, though, most people say a vial is only good for roughly 28 days from the moment it was first pierced. So it will be interesting to find out what arrives with the second order next month, assuming anything does.

A couple of years back I tried a sublingual Sema from Hallandale and it did absolutely nothing.
 
djm4c said:

Gimme is where I get my Tirz at the moment, while I work out how to move over to grey. It has only been 5 weeks so far, so this is all still unfamiliar. The compounding scare had me slightly on edge, so I asked them about it. Their answer was that my next delivery would be unaffected, but we shall see.

Having read a good deal on here, what now strikes me as odd is that they shipped a 72mg/4ml vial to cover the whole first round. From what I have seen posted here, though, most people say a vial is only good for roughly 28 days from the moment it was first pierced. So it will be interesting to find out what arrives with the second order next month, assuming anything does.

A couple of years back I tried a sublingual Sema from Hallandale and it did absolutely nothing.
Nope, going past the 28 day mark is perfectly doable. As I understand 'the 28-day rule', what it really concerns is multi-use vials in settings such as hospitals and clinics. It comes down to how much risk you are willing to carry, of course, but once you are several months in the potency may be a little reduced. Keep your technique clean and get through plenty of alcohol wipes and you will normally be fine. Personally I rarely push past about 8 weeks, though that is mainly because the vial is empty by then.
 
Donstofikus said:

Yeah - I went with gimme, and back then 3 months came to $489. What turned up was a 3 month supply, and it took a fortnight or so to get there. Once 2 months had passed I dropped the subscription, because I could not keep paying that much, and they let it go. Cancelling was done inside the app; I just had to work out where the option lived by searching on google. I have also read about people being billed $100 when a doctor had already been consulted or a prescription issued. There could well be something about it buried in the fine print. What HERS has in its own fine print I cannot say, but a business that well known will certainly have plenty of legal mumbo jumbo in there.
Before I found this place I had already bought Tirz from them. How did whatever you got work out for you?
 
Donstofikus said:

Yeah - I went with gimme, and back then 3 months came to $489. What turned up was a 3 month supply, and it took a fortnight or so to get there. Once 2 months had passed I dropped the subscription, because I could not keep paying that much, and they let it go. Cancelling was done inside the app; I just had to work out where the option lived by searching on google. I have also read about people being billed $100 when a doctor had already been consulted or a prescription issued. There could well be something about it buried in the fine print. What HERS has in its own fine print I cannot say, but a business that well known will certainly have plenty of legal mumbo jumbo in there.
I went with gimme at the beginning too; on the whole I was happy with them. The prices were simply more than I wanted to keep paying.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

So you figured a provider or compounder was going to hand you glp1 at 39 a month... lol - that is exactly what sends people off to gray.
Hell, I ran rather than walked! As soon as I found my feet, I was off like a shot.
 
Back
Top