My dosing schedule is a mess :(

HereKittyKitty

Explorer
Joined
Aug 24, 2025
Messages
660
Reaction score
0
Location
US
Hoping to tap into what others have gone through, plus any knowledge and details you can offer. I feel completely stuck.

Back in 2024-2025, branded Sema worked well for me. Then May came and I couldn't get it anymore. At that point I was on 2.4mg. I used up the last of my branded supply in early July. Come August, I talked through my choices with my PCP. He was on board with me paying cash for either branded Sema or Tirz. I have T2 diabetes.

As I thought about going the grey route, I settled on Sema because it felt more familiar to me—I already knew the effects to expect and the warning signs to watch for when testing on my RS. Tirz was, and still is, a mystery to me. Fewer unknowns made it easier for me to start with grey.

September: I started testing grey Sema on my RS. First dose was 0.25mg. Since September I've worked up to 2.4mg. Between early September and late November, my RS saw no weight loss at all.

Late November: I introduced 0.1mg Cagri. I've kept going with 0.1mg Cagri plus 2.4mg Sema. From 11/25 to 12/10, 2# came off. We've been on the road since 12/12.

My planning was poor—I didn't bring any Sema. Last Weds I managed a partial dose along with the Cagri. Yesterday, nothing.

Tomorrow (Friday) I'm back home. I genuinely don't know what my next move should be. By taking that short dose last week and then being late (or skipping entirely) this week, have I ruined things with the Sema?

Should I take 2.4mg Sema tomorrow and then Cagri on Saturday (or Sunday), even though it's clearly not doing much for my RS? Or would it be better to pause for 5-6 weeks (let it clear my system) and begin again at 2.5mg Tirz in early February?

I'm also seeing mentions that new data on extended Sema dosing might be coming out soon...

What worries me most is hurting myself by messing up my receptors. If staying away from testing for a significant stretch is what it takes to protect my health, I'll do it without hesitation. Nothing justifies self-harm. 6 years ago I was obese and got diagnosed with T2 diabetes, fatty liver disease, sleep apnea and high cholesterol.

Now, I'm nearly half the size I used to be, my liver is healthy, sleep apnea is gone, and my cholesterol and blood pressure are perfect. T2 in remission. Apart from these last 24# I want to lose, I've never been in better health.

Uncertainty has me frozen.

Any thoughts or advice you can give me would mean so much. This forum holds so much experience. I'm still very new and always learning.

Thanks for sticking with me this far...
 
Basically, nothing shows that GLP drugs damage your receptors, and a long washout is almost certainly unnecessary—particularly when you depend on the drug to keep blood glucose under control. Letting glucose run high for weeks is something you want to prevent. Tolerance does appear for certain GLP effects, yet mostly just nausea and vomiting, which usually improve with time, while gastric emptying shifts somewhat back toward normal across months. Even so, there is no sign of tolerance regarding blood sugar control, appetite suppression, or weight loss for at least 3 years—genuinely long-term studies have not been completed.

Compared with semaglutide, tirzepatide controls blood glucose better and produces more weight loss, and on the whole it is tolerated better, with less nausea and vomiting. Given that you now want additional weight loss and are not achieving it on the standard maximum semaglutide dose, switching directly to tirzepatide would be logical. In my view no washout is required, and since you handle 2.4mg of semaglutide, starting tirzepatide at 5mg would be quite safe, with very low—but never zero—odds of side effects worse than what semaglutide gave you. Because I do not know whether you take other glucose-lowering medications, I cannot advise raising doses faster than the standard schedule. If no other medications were in play and blood sugars were higher than before, then speeding up dose increases somewhat would probably be reasonable; if glucose is not an issue, then follow the standard approach of increasing the dose every 4 weeks.

Whether to keep cagrilintide is your call. The only genuine reason to stop would be hypoglycaemia episodes, or it could obscure which drug is producing the effects—cagrilintide or tirzepatide. Tirzepatide by itself has strong scientific backing for weight loss and diabetes, unlike the semaglutide plus cagrilintide combination, since cagrilintide has not reached market approval yet, though nothing raises red flags about it either. Studies of the combination have also been successful, although I believe tirzepatide was slightly more effective than cagrisemi for weight loss.
 
No need to 'reset' in my view — switching to tirz is the way to go.

That stuff is incredible.

There's a limit to what any single drug can do, it seems. And that's with cagri in the mix too.
 
Switching to Tirz next gets my vote. lessthanhalf laid it out well above. Keep a bit of Sema on hand for later stacking, in case you want extra appetite suppression down the road. Cagri works nicely for that too. (For me Cagri brings warmth and energy, though others quit it because of fatigue.) Best of luck — there's not much you can get wrong.
 
Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. The good news is that my T2 is in remission, so I don't depend on glp to keep it under control. Even with strict attention to diet and exercise, A1C tends to rise gradually. My reason for using the glp is as a protective measure for T2-related glucose management. Before glp, diet and exercise alone kept my A1C perfect, and it stayed that way over time. Honestly, it hasn't fallen much since I started testing.

I appreciate the input on receptor clearing. I've come across this in multiple sources and have been told anecdotal accounts suggesting that after stopping and restarting glp, it may take longer for any benefit to show up on restart. Good to know that's probably not the case.

Tirz it is. To keep testing clean, I won't dose two products together unless or until there's a reason to revisit Cagri.

From what I've read, Cagri also helps with diabetes management.

Thanks once more! This decision paralysis is a bitch.
 
MeedzMoar said:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. The good news is that my T2 is in remission, so I don't depend on glp to keep it under control. Even with strict attention to diet and exercise, A1C tends to rise gradually. My reason for using the glp is as a protective measure for T2-related glucose management. Before glp, diet and exercise alone kept my A1C perfect, and it stayed that way over time. Honestly, it hasn't fallen much since I started testing.

I appreciate the input on receptor clearing. I've come across this in multiple sources and have been told anecdotal accounts suggesting that after stopping and restarting glp, it may take longer for any benefit to show up on restart. Good to know that's probably not the case.

Tirz it is. To keep testing clean, I won't dose two products together unless or until there's a reason to revisit Cagri.

From what I've read, Cagri also helps with diabetes management.

Thanks once more! This decision paralysis is a bitch.
A friend of mine calls it analysis paralysis.
 
JuneBug1956 said:

MeedzMoar said:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. The good news is that my T2 is in remission, so I don't depend on glp to keep it under control. Even with strict attention to diet and exercise, A1C tends to rise gradually. My reason for using the glp is as a protective measure for T2-related glucose management. Before glp, diet and exercise alone kept my A1C perfect, and it stayed that way over time. Honestly, it hasn't fallen much since I started testing.

I appreciate the input on receptor clearing. I've come across this in multiple sources and have been told anecdotal accounts suggesting that after stopping and restarting glp, it may take longer for any benefit to show up on restart. Good to know that's probably not the case.

Tirz it is. To keep testing clean, I won't dose two products together unless or until there's a reason to revisit Cagri.

From what I've read, Cagri also helps with diabetes management.

Thanks once more! This decision paralysis is a bitch.
A friend of mine calls it analysis paralysis.
That's all there is to it, unfortunately.

I accepted the hit and, once back at my lab, switched to trying out a different product. Oh well.
 
Back
Top