Mt2- 2 doses and I'm still getting darker

amosmylove

Explorer
Joined
Mar 19, 2026
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Location
Nashville, TN
My reason for trying mt2 was to check out both the tanning and the libido side. On 2 consecutive days I used 250mcg each time, but while continuing to read up on it I chose to pause and wait until I could fit in a tanning bed or some sunbathing sessions afterward, since I came across info saying uneven, dirty or blotchy tanning can happen when you don't get consistent sun at the start.

A few days after those 2 doses, I saw my freckles had gone darker, like it was the middle of summer. That part didn't bother me, since I always get dark when I tan and my face always has freckles by the end of summer. My skin type is 2/3. The first strong sun of the year might give me a slight burn, and after that I tan like I'm Mexican.

What has really caught me off guard is that my skin is STILL visibly getting darker even 2 weeks after I took it. I never thought it would work this well or keep tanning me when I've had basically no sun in the past 2 weeks. It's been stormy every day and I've been handling my farm chores late at night anyway.

At this point I'm reluctant to use it at all, because I truly don't want to end up looking like a brownish orange bimbo.

For anyone who has dabbled in mt2, is this how it usually goes?
 
Yep, melanotan—the tanning product that, for men, comes with the standout unwanted effect of intense erections 😁

I’ve never taken it myself, but plenty of accounts from those who have say the same thing: they darken fast, develop freckles, or pick up a deep tan in no time.

Some folks reportedly attempt to manage this by microdosing or spacing out their use.

Honestly, though, from what I’ve come across, the majority who try it eventually quit
 
wildweasel said:

Yep, melanotan—the tanning product that, for men, comes with the standout unwanted effect of intense erections 😁

I’ve never taken it myself, but plenty of accounts from those who have say the same thing: they darken fast, develop freckles, or pick up a deep tan in no time.

Some folks reportedly attempt to manage this by microdosing or spacing out their use.

Honestly, though, from what I’ve come across, the majority who try it eventually quit

Since I'm female, at least I don't have to worry about erections lol

What's really caught me off guard is that even with just 2 doses and zero sun exposure, my skin keeps getting darker.
 
amosmylove said:

wildweasel said:

Yep, melanotan—the tanning product that, for men, comes with the standout unwanted effect of intense erections 😁

I’ve never taken it myself, but plenty of accounts from those who have say the same thing: they darken fast, develop freckles, or pick up a deep tan in no time.

Some folks reportedly attempt to manage this by microdosing or spacing out their use.

Honestly, though, from what I’ve come across, the majority who try it eventually quit

Since I'm female, at least I don't have to worry about erections lol

What's really caught me off guard is that even with just 2 doses and zero sun exposure, my skin keeps getting darker.
With the peptides I've tried myself — particularly those lacking several rounds of clinical testing — this kind of thing comes up fairly often. Responses vary a lot from one person to the next.

Should you end up very dark at whatever dose you used, reduce it to a quarter and repeat at the same schedule

It might also be worth pausing for 1 or 2 weeks just to check whether the tanning has stopped first
 
amosmylove said:

My reason for trying mt2 was to check out both the tanning and the libido side. On 2 consecutive days I used 250mcg each time, but while continuing to read up on it I chose to pause and wait until I could fit in a tanning bed or some sunbathing sessions afterward, since I came across info saying uneven, dirty or blotchy tanning can happen when you don't get consistent sun at the start.

A few days after those 2 doses, I saw my freckles had gone darker, like it was the middle of summer. That part didn't bother me, since I always get dark when I tan and my face always has freckles by the end of summer. My skin type is 2/3. The first strong sun of the year might give me a slight burn, and after that I tan like I'm Mexican.

What has really caught me off guard is that my skin is STILL visibly getting darker even 2 weeks after I took it. I never thought it would work this well or keep tanning me when I've had basically no sun in the past 2 weeks. It's been stormy every day and I've been handling my farm chores late at night anyway.

At this point I'm reluctant to use it at all, because I truly don't want to end up looking like a brownish orange bimbo.

For anyone who has dabbled in mt2, is this how it usually goes?
Watch out. I've come across some terrible accounts regarding this... Plus, if you happen to be married, your new tan could make your husband even more under your thumb than he already is.
 
Smiter said:

amosmylove said:

My reason for trying mt2 was to check out both the tanning and the libido side. On 2 consecutive days I used 250mcg each time, but while continuing to read up on it I chose to pause and wait until I could fit in a tanning bed or some sunbathing sessions afterward, since I came across info saying uneven, dirty or blotchy tanning can happen when you don't get consistent sun at the start.

A few days after those 2 doses, I saw my freckles had gone darker, like it was the middle of summer. That part didn't bother me, since I always get dark when I tan and my face always has freckles by the end of summer. My skin type is 2/3. The first strong sun of the year might give me a slight burn, and after that I tan like I'm Mexican.

What has really caught me off guard is that my skin is STILL visibly getting darker even 2 weeks after I took it. I never thought it would work this well or keep tanning me when I've had basically no sun in the past 2 weeks. It's been stormy every day and I've been handling my farm chores late at night anyway.

At this point I'm reluctant to use it at all, because I truly don't want to end up looking like a brownish orange bimbo.

For anyone who has dabbled in mt2, is this how it usually goes?
Watch out. I've come across some terrible accounts regarding this... Plus, if you happen to be married, your new tan could make your husband even more under your thumb than he already is.
Using any more just isn't something I feel I need, so I'm relieved that I can simply walk away from it.
 
wildweasel said:

amosmylove said:

wildweasel said:

Yep, melanotan—the tanning product that, for men, comes with the standout unwanted effect of intense erections 😁

I’ve never taken it myself, but plenty of accounts from those who have say the same thing: they darken fast, develop freckles, or pick up a deep tan in no time.

Some folks reportedly attempt to manage this by microdosing or spacing out their use.

Honestly, though, from what I’ve come across, the majority who try it eventually quit

Since I'm female, at least I don't have to worry about erections lol

What's really caught me off guard is that even with just 2 doses and zero sun exposure, my skin keeps getting darker.
With the peptides I've tried myself — particularly those lacking several rounds of clinical testing — this kind of thing comes up fairly often. Responses vary a lot from one person to the next.

Should you end up very dark at whatever dose you used, reduce it to a quarter and repeat at the same schedule

It might also be worth pausing for 1 or 2 weeks just to check whether the tanning has stopped first
Should I ever choose to continue, I'd follow your advice and split the dose into halves or quarters to test the results. In any case, that won't happen for some time, if ever.
 
Perhaps consider a gentler alternative: Melanotan I, also called MT1 or afamelanotide.

MT1 predates MT2.

MT1 tends to come with fewer adverse effects, produces a more uniform tan, and likely has a safer profile.

The FDA has approved it as a prescription medication for erythropoietic protoporphyria, a condition involving painful skin sensitivity to light. It provides a good tan.
 
Vriende said:

Perhaps consider a gentler alternative: Melanotan I, also called MT1 or afamelanotide.

MT1 predates MT2.

MT1 tends to come with fewer adverse effects, produces a more uniform tan, and likely has a safer profile.

The FDA has approved it as a prescription medication for erythropoietic protoporphyria, a condition involving painful skin sensitivity to light. It provides a good tan.
Going forward, I agree that could be the smarter route.
 
I've been on MT-1 for several weeks and it's working well for me. The tan comes on slowly and steadily. So far, no fresh moles or freckles have appeared, and none of my existing ones have gotten darker. Side effects have been minimal — roughly 30min after each dose I get a brief flush, nothing else.
 
I used it a handful of times roughly 4 years back, and even now my tan comes on incredibly fast. After just 10min in the sun I'm visibly darker, and even with longer stretches outside I don't burn. Before I ever touched it, my skin never behaved this way. I wouldn't say I'm super tan or anything, but I also don't get much sun exposure.
 
Brandon556 said:

I used it a handful of times roughly 4 years back, and even now my tan comes on incredibly fast. After just 10min in the sun I'm visibly darker, and even with longer stretches outside I don't burn. Before I ever touched it, my skin never behaved this way. I wouldn't say I'm super tan or anything, but I also don't get much sun exposure.
It's pretty surprising to hear that the impact can stick around for that long.
 
I'll back up the point about tanning results sticking around. Hitting it once a quarter does the job nicely. Haven't run into any odd side effects, and thankfully a solid set of tan lines remains a sight to enjoy.😎
 
FNG33 said:

I'll back up the point about tanning results sticking around. Hitting it once a quarter does the job nicely. Haven't run into any odd side effects, and thankfully a solid set of tan lines remains a sight to enjoy.😎
If you're dosing once every 3 months, what amount are you using, and for how many days do you take it?
 
The tan sticks around for me too. During the period I used it, my protocol was 50-100mcg weekly, nothing higher. It's been months since my last dose, yet my skin still darkens fast. Sun exposure of a couple of hours no longer gives me a burn either. For context, I'm a freckled auburn redhead -- the auburn is gone now, all white -- and previously 15 minutes was all it took for me to burn.
 
50mcg is my limit — going beyond that leaves me far too nauseous. Taking 250mcg in one go? That's impressive to me.
 
amosmylove said:

My reason for trying mt2 was to check out both the tanning and the libido side. On 2 consecutive days I used 250mcg each time, but while continuing to read up on it I chose to pause and wait until I could fit in a tanning bed or some sunbathing sessions afterward, since I came across info saying uneven, dirty or blotchy tanning can happen when you don't get consistent sun at the start.

A few days after those 2 doses, I saw my freckles had gone darker, like it was the middle of summer. That part didn't bother me, since I always get dark when I tan and my face always has freckles by the end of summer. My skin type is 2/3. The first strong sun of the year might give me a slight burn, and after that I tan like I'm Mexican.

What has really caught me off guard is that my skin is STILL visibly getting darker even 2 weeks after I took it. I never thought it would work this well or keep tanning me when I've had basically no sun in the past 2 weeks. It's been stormy every day and I've been handling my farm chores late at night anyway.

At this point I'm reluctant to use it at all, because I truly don't want to end up looking like a brownish orange bimbo.

For anyone who has dabbled in mt2, is this how it usually goes?
Been using mt 1 and mt 2 for more than a year and the tan is still there





5e320e08566baf747f0c0ee9a6660ebdd26b97e53225c60711cbd4c49fb4d774.webp
 
CNCCurrency said:

amosmylove said:

My reason for trying mt2 was to check out both the tanning and the libido side. On 2 consecutive days I used 250mcg each time, but while continuing to read up on it I chose to pause and wait until I could fit in a tanning bed or some sunbathing sessions afterward, since I came across info saying uneven, dirty or blotchy tanning can happen when you don't get consistent sun at the start.

A few days after those 2 doses, I saw my freckles had gone darker, like it was the middle of summer. That part didn't bother me, since I always get dark when I tan and my face always has freckles by the end of summer. My skin type is 2/3. The first strong sun of the year might give me a slight burn, and after that I tan like I'm Mexican.

What has really caught me off guard is that my skin is STILL visibly getting darker even 2 weeks after I took it. I never thought it would work this well or keep tanning me when I've had basically no sun in the past 2 weeks. It's been stormy every day and I've been handling my farm chores late at night anyway.

At this point I'm reluctant to use it at all, because I truly don't want to end up looking like a brownish orange bimbo.

For anyone who has dabbled in mt2, is this how it usually goes?
Been using mt 1 and mt 2 for more than a year and the tan is still there





View attachment 11547
That color is still really nice! Once you began, did it come on evenly right away, or did you need to sunbathe at the start to get full-body exposure?
 
Commander said:

50mcg is my limit — going beyond that leaves me far too nauseous. Taking 250mcg in one go? That's impressive to me.
The only change I saw was my skin getting darker roughly 1 week later — nothing else stood out to me.
 
CariocaLeftSeoul said:

FNG33 said:

I'll back up the point about tanning results sticking around. Hitting it once a quarter does the job nicely. Haven't run into any odd side effects, and thankfully a solid set of tan lines remains a sight to enjoy.😎
If you're dosing once every 3 months, what amount are you using, and for how many days do you take it?
250mg, 1 or 2 times. On top of that, I'm out on the patio or in the pool nearly every afternoon. That contributes somewhat.
 
Back
Top