MT-1: how long until this tan fades?

GrandmaJ

Explorer
Joined
Jan 28, 2026
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Location
Napa2Oahu
Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.
 
GrandmaJ said:

Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.
What I wonder about is how MT affects the parts of the body that never see sun?

Do those areas stay pale, or does it darken everything no matter what?

afraid I have no idea how long it takes to wear off..
 
Skidude said:

GrandmaJ said:

Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.
What I wonder about is how MT affects the parts of the body that never see sun?

Do those areas stay pale, or does it darken everything no matter what?

afraid I have no idea how long it takes to wear off..
If that's what you look like, the dose was way too high.🤣
 
GrandmaJ said:

Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.
From what I've read, losing the tan takes about as long as losing any other tan would. Mt 1 only acts as a signalling peptide, and its half life is roughly half an hour. So once it's cleared, whatever colour you hold is simply what the daily sun gives you. Put briefly, it stops doing anything about an hour after the injection.
 
GrandmaJ said:

Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.

Straight out of Something About Mary!
 
Skidude said:

GrandmaJ said:

Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.
What I wonder about is how MT affects the parts of the body that never see sun?

Do those areas stay pale, or does it darken everything no matter what?

afraid I have no idea how long it takes to wear off..
My tan lines are deep. The skin that never sees sun doesn't look any different in shade. To start with I deliberately spent 10 minutes in the sun to build a summer glow. Within about 2 weeks I was dark. I assumed it would hold once I cut the dose to a couple of times a week, but it got darker still. These days I'm on spf 50 and it still comes through. That said, I swim outdoors daily for at least 30 minutes.
 
GrandmaJ said:

Skidude said:

GrandmaJ said:

Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.
What I wonder about is how MT affects the parts of the body that never see sun?

Do those areas stay pale, or does it darken everything no matter what?

afraid I have no idea how long it takes to wear off..
My tan lines are deep. The skin that never sees sun doesn't look any different in shade. To start with I deliberately spent 10 minutes in the sun to build a summer glow. Within about 2 weeks I was dark. I assumed it would hold once I cut the dose to a couple of times a week, but it got darker still. These days I'm on spf 50 and it still comes through. That said, I swim outdoors daily for at least 30 minutes.
The skin that never sees the sun doesn't look any different in shade to me. That is exactly how it is meant to behave - if an all over tan is the goal then mt 2 is the one. As I said earlier, any darkening you see is the natural tan from your sun exposure. mt 1 clears very fast, needs sunlight to switch your Melan on, and only lifts your colour for roughly an hour after injection.

9e85f8e303761b1e0c41378448d79e389195a5ea19d94ef3af50b6ba885872d4.webp


 
GrandmaJ said:

Skidude said:

GrandmaJ said:

Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.
What I wonder about is how MT affects the parts of the body that never see sun?

Do those areas stay pale, or does it darken everything no matter what?

afraid I have no idea how long it takes to wear off..
My tan lines are deep. The skin that never sees sun doesn't look any different in shade. To start with I deliberately spent 10 minutes in the sun to build a summer glow. Within about 2 weeks I was dark. I assumed it would hold once I cut the dose to a couple of times a week, but it got darker still. These days I'm on spf 50 and it still comes through. That said, I swim outdoors daily for at least 30 minutes.
That would explain it. I swim laps myself. Even through the winter, swimming in the rain, I pick up some colour.

CNCCurrency said:

GrandmaJ said:

Skidude said:

GrandmaJ said:

Does anyone know how long a tan takes to fade after MT-1? The only thing I used was one 10mg vial from my kit, spread over a 2 month stretch. My final dose was around 10 days ago and I keep getting darker - even 10 minutes of sun does it. I'm not quite at Something About Mary neighbor territory yet, but I'm closing in! My legs look awesome, the rest of me is just too dark now.
What I wonder about is how MT affects the parts of the body that never see sun?

Do those areas stay pale, or does it darken everything no matter what?

afraid I have no idea how long it takes to wear off..
My tan lines are deep. The skin that never sees sun doesn't look any different in shade. To start with I deliberately spent 10 minutes in the sun to build a summer glow. Within about 2 weeks I was dark. I assumed it would hold once I cut the dose to a couple of times a week, but it got darker still. These days I'm on spf 50 and it still comes through. That said, I swim outdoors daily for at least 30 minutes.
The skin that never sees the sun doesn't look any different in shade to me. That is exactly how it is meant to behave - if an all over tan is the goal then mt 2 is the one. As I said earlier, any darkening you see is the natural tan from your sun exposure. mt 1 clears very fast, needs sunlight to switch your Melan on, and only lifts your colour for roughly an hour after injection.

View attachment 193

My own experience with MT1 is different. A single 250mcg dose every few weeks keeps me exactly as tanned as I want.

MT1 (afamelanotide) is the one I settled on because it reads as the milder of the two.

Side effects are reported less often, the tan is more even, and the safety profile is probably better than MT2.

It holds FDA approval as a prescription treatment for erythropoietic protoporphyria, a painful photosensitivity disorder.
 
Once I stopped (mt2), I carried on darkening for 2 weeks and it was about a month before the fade began. With mt1 I have only used 2 doses across roughly 10 days - taking it mega slow. Mt2 was insane: 3 125mcg doses and I went that dark, freckles on my face especially.
 
So... does it actually work well?! I need some colour on my sprocket! A kit is on its way from China.

8a61692c1694512ee1049a38bc9707b31f9db3dd70ca2e4a04ec80a157c73cdb.gif


Feedback wanted!
 
Throttle883 said:

So... does it actually work well?! I need some colour on my sprocket! A kit is on its way from China.

View attachment 194

Feedback wanted!
It works brilliantly. I've never had so many compliments on my legs. All the same, next time I'd cut the final phase of the protocol I ran in half. I caught on fairly quickly and dropped right down after the second week, yet I'm still super dark - my arms most of all, since they catch the most sun. Tanning has always come easily to me, which is probably why it was overkill in my case. A few age spots on my hands darkened, though the tan conceals them nicely, and I've noticed no new freckles or anything else. Let me dig out the protocol I used and post it here.
 

Attachments

  • 8a61692c1694512ee1049a38bc9707b31f9db3dd70ca2e4a04ec80a157c73cdb.gif
    8a61692c1694512ee1049a38bc9707b31f9db3dd70ca2e4a04ec80a157c73cdb.gif
    373.7 KB · Views: 30
This is the one I followed. *Following Phase 3 at that strength is NOT something I'd suggest unless you're after an extra tan. Having done 1 week of Phase 3, I stepped down to .750 2x a week, and then .500 just once a week, all while getting sun nearly every day.

Dosing protocol for Melatolin 1

Phase 1 - Breaking In (Days 1-3)

Dose: 0.25 mg, morning and before bed.

UV: nothing.

Goal: let the body adjust to the peptide, avoiding nausea.

________________________________

Phase 2 - Loading (Days 4-7)

Dose: 0.5 mg, one shot daily.

Timing: 30-60 minutes ahead of tanning.

UV: a tanning bed, or 5-10 minutes in the sun.

Goal: get the peptide and the light working in "synergy".

________________________________

Phase 3 - Maintenance (Day 8+)

Dose: 1.0 mg, ONLY on days you tan.

Frequency: 2-3 tanning sessions weekly until the colour you want shows up.

Off-Days: skip the dose, and let the tan come through.

Goal: deepen the colour and stretch it over the 11+ weeks the study mentions.

________________________________

MT10 Melatolin 1 10mg

2ML BAC water

0.25mg = 5 Units

0.5mg = 10 Units

1.0mg = 20 Units
 
GrandmaJ said:

Throttle883 said:

So... does it actually work well?! I need some colour on my sprocket! A kit is on its way from China.

View attachment 194

Feedback wanted!
It works brilliantly. I've never had so many compliments on my legs. All the same, next time I'd cut the final phase of the protocol I ran in half. I caught on fairly quickly and dropped right down after the second week, yet I'm still super dark - my arms most of all, since they catch the most sun. Tanning has always come easily to me, which is probably why it was overkill in my case. A few age spots on my hands darkened, though the tan conceals them nicely, and I've noticed no new freckles or anything else. Let me dig out the protocol I used and post it here.
Thanks a lot, GrandmaJ!
 
Back
Top