Moving from Reta over to Tirz?

Gohengrin

Explorer
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
Austria
Hey everybody!

A lot of people here have made the change from Tirz to Reta at some point.

But is there anyone who went the other direction, from Reta to Tirz?

I'm thinking about it because of irritation at the injection sites — large red patches, itching, and older injection spots flaring back up... particularly the spots from mots c injections done weeks back. So far no antihistamine has helped, and it takes roughly 5 days to clear up. I've tried everything: bac water, sterile injection water only, different needles, different spots, different vendors. The result is always the same.

I've read that Tirz might suit me better if this is my problem.

So, has anyone here gone from Reta to Tirz, and how did it go?
 
What dose of Reta are you currently taking? How many weeks have you been at that dose (steady state)?

One idea I've been considering is using Tirz for long-term maintenance once I've reached my goal on Reta. The approach would be to taper down the Reta, and when food noise or hunger climbs to a point that needs handling, bring in Tirz to keep things at a reasonable level (hunger isn't inherently bad), then lower the doses as symptoms permit. Essentially the reverse of how I bridged from Tirz to Reta.
 
For a few weeks I've been at 10mg. The starting dose was 4mg.

Reta has been part of my routine for 18 weeks at this point. I inject once every 6 days.
 
As far as I can tell, no established protocol exists for bridging between Reta and Tirz. My guess is that weight loss is still your goal.

On either Tirz or Reta, my side effects have ranged from very mild to none. Switching from Reta to Tirz means GCGR signaling would be dropped. Were I in that situation, I would stick with the plan I might use: stop Reta and bring in Tirz for appetite management.

Do you intend to quit reta abruptly, or would you rather taper down?
 
Tapering, in my view, would make symptom control more straightforward.

My Tirz peak was only around 5.5mg, and I never reached steady state. To check for side effects, I began using small, frequent Reta doses. During this transition I've done two Tirz shots, with peaks of 4.5mg and 3.5mg, spaced a week apart from each other, though that spacing was driven by hunger or food noise rather than a fixed plan. Come Wednesday, it will have been another week since my last Tirz injection. Should Reta's GLP signaling prove potent enough, I won't experience excessive appetite, hunger, or food noise. If that turns out not to be the case, I'll administer another dose, likely aiming for a calculated peak near 2.5mg (a further 1mg step down).
 
A few questions are on my mind ahead of making the change.

What made you begin Reta at 2x the usual starting amount?

What's the mg on your vial? And for your present dose, how many ml do you inject?

My reason for asking: I'm trying to work out whether this is a matter of too much too soon, and whether it could also involve an excessive volume going into the tissue.

On the switch itself and any possible taper, I'm afraid I have nothing to offer — I'm just interested in these reactions. Has this been the pattern from the start?
 
“It started at 4mg”

My reading of that was: the ISR began once the weekly amount hit 4mg.

Sure, that could be what’s happening, and I hadn’t thought about the volume angle, but 5 days strikes me as too long for a BAC bolus to remain red.
 
Mild allergic responses at the injection site happen quite often with all of the GLP drugs. Typically, they don't resolve on their own. Because cross-reactivity between these medications is uncommon, the odds are low that tirzepatide would trigger the same allergy in you — and making that change is probably the step you'll end up taking.
 
woundcarping said:

“It started at 4mg”

My reading of that was: the ISR began once the weekly amount hit 4mg.

Sure, that could be what’s happening, and I hadn’t thought about the volume angle, but 5 days strikes me as too long for a BAC bolus to remain red.
The first 4 weeks were 2mg per week. The problem isn't and never was the BAC. When I use other peptides with that same BAC, no reaction happens. I even tried sterile water alone, and the outcome was identical.
 
Back
Top