AlanFord
Explorer
I've said in a few other threads that I've now been on tirzepatide (Mounjaro) for 6 weeks. My doctor prescribes it, and it comes in a 4-dose pen (the pen is overfilled, and for what it's worth I got 5 doses out of my first 2.5mg pen).
After my last dose I had a check-in with my doctor. I told him the results and the effect had been excellent — roughly 0.5kg/week lost, food noise fully gone, and I was really pleased on 2.5mg. Even so, he recommended stepping up to 5mg, handed me the 5mg pen, and said "we'd go back to 2.5mg if side effects are too strong". Worth noting: on 2.5mg I had no side effects whatsoever.
Yesterday around midday I injected the 5mg dose, and 24h later I feel genuinely rough. My stomach is queasy, I've got diarrhea, and all in all I feel lousy.
I'd like to hear from people who increased their dose while the starting dose was still working well — did you stay on the higher dose, did the side effects settle down, or did you go back? And what's the reasoning for raising the dose at all when the lower one was still doing its job? I'll put this to my doctor tomorrow (today is Sunday), but I'm curious what the community thinks.
Last thing: if I do decide to go back, how can I use the 5mg pen to deliver 2.5mg? There's no halfway mark between 0 and 1, and I don't know how many clicks/divisions it has.
After my last dose I had a check-in with my doctor. I told him the results and the effect had been excellent — roughly 0.5kg/week lost, food noise fully gone, and I was really pleased on 2.5mg. Even so, he recommended stepping up to 5mg, handed me the 5mg pen, and said "we'd go back to 2.5mg if side effects are too strong". Worth noting: on 2.5mg I had no side effects whatsoever.
Yesterday around midday I injected the 5mg dose, and 24h later I feel genuinely rough. My stomach is queasy, I've got diarrhea, and all in all I feel lousy.
I'd like to hear from people who increased their dose while the starting dose was still working well — did you stay on the higher dose, did the side effects settle down, or did you go back? And what's the reasoning for raising the dose at all when the lower one was still doing its job? I'll put this to my doctor tomorrow (today is Sunday), but I'm curious what the community thinks.
Last thing: if I do decide to go back, how can I use the 5mg pen to deliver 2.5mg? There's no halfway mark between 0 and 1, and I don't know how many clicks/divisions it has.