motsc reaction

UKhopefull

Explorer
Joined
Dec 18, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I'm on my 2nd round of motsc, and after taking the 2nd-to-last dose from a 10mg vial—2.5mg—things went sideways. The moment I began rubbing the injection site, I started dry heaving hard for several minutes. No vomiting, just the dry heaves. I got really hot, and hive-like bumps appeared in multiple spots around the injection area. Once the heaving stopped, I took a 10mg antihistamine tablet, sat down, and gradually improved. The hives cleared up, and even the usual red, itchy lump that sticks around for a day was gone. It was a pretty jarring experience. Anyone else gone through something like this?
 
UKhopefull said:

I'm on my 2nd round of motsc, and after taking the 2nd-to-last dose from a 10mg vial—2.5mg—things went sideways. The moment I began rubbing the injection site, I started dry heaving hard for several minutes. No vomiting, just the dry heaves. I got really hot, and hive-like bumps appeared in multiple spots around the injection area. Once the heaving stopped, I took a 10mg antihistamine tablet, sat down, and gradually improved. The hives cleared up, and even the usual red, itchy lump that sticks around for a day was gone. It was a pretty jarring experience. Anyone else gone through something like this?
That tends to happen mainly when you inject into muscle; with sub q it's usually not an issue. It sounds to me like you might have gone into a vein.
 
CNCCurrency said:

UKhopefull said:

I'm on my 2nd round of motsc, and after taking the 2nd-to-last dose from a 10mg vial—2.5mg—things went sideways. The moment I began rubbing the injection site, I started dry heaving hard for several minutes. No vomiting, just the dry heaves. I got really hot, and hive-like bumps appeared in multiple spots around the injection area. Once the heaving stopped, I took a 10mg antihistamine tablet, sat down, and gradually improved. The hives cleared up, and even the usual red, itchy lump that sticks around for a day was gone. It was a pretty jarring experience. Anyone else gone through something like this?
That tends to happen mainly when you inject into muscle; with sub q it's usually not an issue. It sounds to me like you might have gone into a vein.
Since the shot went into my belly, I doubt that's what happened—though I guess there's a chance?
 
UKhopefull said:

I'm on my 2nd round of motsc, and after taking the 2nd-to-last dose from a 10mg vial—2.5mg—things went sideways. The moment I began rubbing the injection site, I started dry heaving hard for several minutes. No vomiting, just the dry heaves. I got really hot, and hive-like bumps appeared in multiple spots around the injection area. Once the heaving stopped, I took a 10mg antihistamine tablet, sat down, and gradually improved. The hives cleared up, and even the usual red, itchy lump that sticks around for a day was gone. It was a pretty jarring experience. Anyone else gone through something like this?
Severe allergic reactions to Mots-c have been reported in some individuals. These can occur right away or develop gradually as use continues. What you described sounds like one of those reactions, and it is your body signaling STOP. Yours was confined to the injection area, but systemic signs like hives and vomiting serve as a warning. I would not use it again. Sorry.
 
I really can't get on board with the idea that MOTS-C is one of those peptides that's "almost always harmless for almost all people." Sure, it's got a following, and I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. But when a fair number of folks end up having unexpected and genuinely rough days after giving it a go, I think the safety instructions for this one should open with something like: "1. Make sure someone who loves you and knows how to dial a phone is home and knows what you're doing."
 
Mine was pretty much the same. I went through multiple vials from a Mots-C kit without any problems. After a 2-month break, I began another cycle using the identical kit and the same dose I had stopped at. Within moments, a histamine response hit. I broke out in intense hives/welts with itching across both sides of my abdomen. It took a few hours before things settled. Lowering the dose made the reaction less severe, though it never went away completely. Josh Holyfield recently put out a video covering this, and according to him, at least for certain peps, the body develops an immune response that stays suppressed while you keep using the pep, but as soon as you pause and then resume, that immune response shows up. He says in the video that the answer is to reduce the dose and titrate back up gradually. That does not appeal to me at all. If my body is mounting an immune response to the chemical, I am not going to force it. Mots-c is off the menu for me.
 
Two weekends back, I found myself lying on the floor. It was the final 2 mg from the final vial in the final box I had left. Once I injected it, I got the feeling I needed to use the bathroom, like my guts were trying to escape my body. While sitting there, my heart began racing, my hands and upper body started tingling, and I wanted to go lie down in my office, which is just across the hall at home. I felt like I wouldn't reach the bedroom. I ended up collapsing on the floor and was stuck there for 10-15 minutes. My Apple Watch showed Afib that night.

That was insane.

This went down on Friday. The Monday before, I'd had a bad skin reaction to Mots-C.

Everyone, please be careful!
 
UKhopefull said:

I'm on my 2nd round of motsc, and after taking the 2nd-to-last dose from a 10mg vial—2.5mg—things went sideways. The moment I began rubbing the injection site, I started dry heaving hard for several minutes. No vomiting, just the dry heaves. I got really hot, and hive-like bumps appeared in multiple spots around the injection area. Once the heaving stopped, I took a 10mg antihistamine tablet, sat down, and gradually improved. The hives cleared up, and even the usual red, itchy lump that sticks around for a day was gone. It was a pretty jarring experience. Anyone else gone through something like this?
What Random said. To be honest, most folks taking MOTS-C will likely have no issues, but in the brief period I’ve been reading, every reaction I’ve come across has been tied to injecting it.
 
Appreciation to the person who shared this in a previous thread — it sounds far less unpleasant than an epipen.

Neffy intra nasal epinephren. Before you pin that again, you ought to have this on hand..but my advice is that you Do Not pin that motsc gain.



Image unavailable



Getting a Prescription for neffy® (epinephrine nasal spray)



Arrange a virtual visit with a prescriber, or ask a doctor about neffy to see if it's right for you. Please see the full Prescribing Information and Patient Information.

5e90d6134edd6244d3769bd174f09806b6a9fdca4e56c4a53b0d2c7729ff0008.png



www.neffy.com

Also be aware: if a severe reaction happens, go to ER — the epi might not last long enough.
 
wonttellyou said:

Two weekends back, I found myself lying on the floor. It was the final 2 mg from the final vial in the final box I had left. Once I injected it, I got the feeling I needed to use the bathroom, like my guts were trying to escape my body. While sitting there, my heart began racing, my hands and upper body started tingling, and I wanted to go lie down in my office, which is just across the hall at home. I felt like I wouldn't reach the bedroom. I ended up collapsing on the floor and was stuck there for 10-15 minutes. My Apple Watch showed Afib that night.

That was insane.

This went down on Friday. The Monday before, I'd had a bad skin reaction to Mots-C.

Everyone, please be careful!
The way you describe it, this sounds very much like a vagal response that came on following the shot.

Metformin has caused me to go through this multiple times. My doctor's advice when I brought it up was to stay seated rather than rising, let the episode run its course, and put my legs up if I can.

When it comes to atrial fibrillation, seeing a cardiologist is necessary.
 
UKhopefull said:

I'm on my 2nd round of motsc, and after taking the 2nd-to-last dose from a 10mg vial—2.5mg—things went sideways. The moment I began rubbing the injection site, I started dry heaving hard for several minutes. No vomiting, just the dry heaves. I got really hot, and hive-like bumps appeared in multiple spots around the injection area. Once the heaving stopped, I took a 10mg antihistamine tablet, sat down, and gradually improved. The hives cleared up, and even the usual red, itchy lump that sticks around for a day was gone. It was a pretty jarring experience. Anyone else gone through something like this?
Stories like this are exactly the reason MOTS-C is off the table for me. I've come across far too many accounts of people getting hit with severe allergic reactions totally out of nowhere.
 
If a systemic allergic reaction is even a possibility here — and from what you describe, it may well be — then the only option with any margin of safety is to quit taking it. A risk of anaphylaxis, whether small, moderate or simply unknown, is not something anyone should accept.

Given how frequently localized reactions at the injection site occur, mots-c is clearly strongly immunogenic, so it would hardly be surprising for it to trigger whole-body reactions too. Human trial evidence is almost nonexistent, leaving only what people share on forums, but erring on the side of caution seems wiser.
 
wonttellyou said:

Two weekends back, I found myself lying on the floor. It was the final 2 mg from the final vial in the final box I had left. Once I injected it, I got the feeling I needed to use the bathroom, like my guts were trying to escape my body. While sitting there, my heart began racing, my hands and upper body started tingling, and I wanted to go lie down in my office, which is just across the hall at home. I felt like I wouldn't reach the bedroom. I ended up collapsing on the floor and was stuck there for 10-15 minutes. My Apple Watch showed Afib that night.

That was insane.

This went down on Friday. The Monday before, I'd had a bad skin reaction to Mots-C.

Everyone, please be careful!
Damn.
 
I went with 10mg of motsc, 3 times weekly. Nothing went wrong... though nothing came of it either. Seems like plenty of you are actually seeing benefits from it.

Still, if your body is signaling that you should back off, then back off.
 
Reading through this thread got me pondering...there's a whole kit of Mots-c sitting in my freezer, and I'm planning to begin using it in roughly 2 weeks...then again, 20-30 years back I was dumb enough to shoot up "under steroids" that were likely brewed in some rodent-infested cellar, right beside a heap of coal or whatever, and here I am still kicking 😆
 
Mr. Blonde said:

I went with 10mg of motsc, 3 times weekly. Nothing went wrong... though nothing came of it either. Seems like plenty of you are actually seeing benefits from it.

Still, if your body is signaling that you should back off, then back off.
gave it a shot

those golf ball sized lumps showed up too ...

luck is not the word i'd use ! 😆
 
ultima thule said:

Reading through this thread got me pondering...there's a whole kit of Mots-c sitting in my freezer, and I'm planning to begin using it in roughly 2 weeks...then again, 20-30 years back I was dumb enough to shoot up "under steroids" that were likely brewed in some rodent-infested cellar, right beside a heap of coal or whatever, and here I am still kicking 😆
stick with a 1mg dose

skip the 2,5 and 5mg doses

in my case, once i moved up to 2,5+ everything fell apart
 
Rezwalker said:

ultima thule said:

Reading through this thread got me pondering...there's a whole kit of Mots-c sitting in my freezer, and I'm planning to begin using it in roughly 2 weeks...then again, 20-30 years back I was dumb enough to shoot up "under steroids" that were likely brewed in some rodent-infested cellar, right beside a heap of coal or whatever, and here I am still kicking 😆
stick with a 1mg dose

skip the 2,5 and 5mg doses

in my case, once i moved up to 2,5+ everything fell apart
Were you dosing on alternating days, or following a 5/2 schedule?
 
Back
Top