Mots-c Use Among Endurance Athletes

exxige

Explorer
Joined
Feb 10, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Denver Colorado
Hey everyone,

I'm curious to hear from any endurance athletes—or those training like one—who have firsthand experience with Mots-c. I've been doing a lot of reading on it and it seems really promising. The problem is, a lot of what I find comes from sources that either focus only on lifting or just general health perks.

To give some context, I'm not chasing extra weight loss. My weekly routine is roughly 40 miles of running, close to 100 miles on the bike, plus lifting 3 times. I'm hoping to include it to boost those efforts.

Would love to know if it made a difference for anyone in endurance training or racing.
 
I take it myself, and it does provide benefits, though my background is in lifting weights.

That said, I'm acquainted with several marathon runners who incorporate it and speak very highly of it.

Unfortunately, if you're participating in competitions that conduct testing, I've heard that Mots-c is among the substances they screen for. What method they use to detect it? I have no idea, but that's the information I've received.
 
Man, I really wish it had done something for me. I was running 10mg daily, absolutely nuts about it. Didn't get any pip or Isr..but I also didn't see anything obvious change. Still, we're all wired differently, and it looks like the majority of folks do come away with some upside from it.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Man, I really wish it had done something for me. I was running 10mg daily, absolutely nuts about it. Didn't get any pip or Isr..but I also didn't see anything obvious change. Still, we're all wired differently, and it looks like the majority of folks do come away with some upside from it.
I've had the same experience—MOTS-c didn't do anything for me.
 
I took 5 mg, 3 times per week, over roughly 6 weeks. My swim times showed no gains. I swim a timed mile (1800 yard) freestyle 2 or 3 times per week. The shorter timed swims likewise did not improve. What I did experience was significant cognitive enhancement, and that effect persisted once I discontinued it.
 
Rolltide61 said:

I take it myself, and it does provide benefits, though my background is in lifting weights.

That said, I'm acquainted with several marathon runners who incorporate it and speak very highly of it.

Unfortunately, if you're participating in competitions that conduct testing, I've heard that Mots-c is among the substances they screen for. What method they use to detect it? I have no idea, but that's the information I've received.
At my pace, getting drug-tested isn't something I need to stress over haha, but the rest of what you shared is helpful, thanks!

swimmer said:

I took 5 mg, 3 times per week, over roughly 6 weeks. My swim times showed no gains. I swim a timed mile (1800 yard) freestyle 2 or 3 times per week. The shorter timed swims likewise did not improve. What I did experience was significant cognitive enhancement, and that effect persisted once I discontinued it.
Funny, that's the exact schedule I had in mind to run. I figure giving it a shot won't break the bank, so why not just test it out. Appreciate the details!
 
That's intriguing. This is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to try. From what I've heard, the performance gains only materialize when mitochondrial support is genuinely required.
 
Picked up a few kits for Hyrox prep — anyone know whether Mots-C shows up on drug tests?
 
I'm getting ready to kick off MOTS-c in the near future, mainly to support my Muay Thai work and weight training, so I want to find out how it plays into intense cardio efforts.

That weekly workload you're handling is no joke. Getting input on genuine performance and stamina gains instead of only fat reduction is precisely what I've been after as well. I'll be keeping up with this thread!
 
I placed my order and it hasn't arrived yet, so I'm not on it so far. Still, I'm keen to get going and share my results afterward! My plan is to begin at 2.5 mg daily on Tues, Thurs, and Sun — those are the 3 sessions that matter most.
 
morti said:

Picked up a few kits for Hyrox prep — anyone know whether Mots-C shows up on drug tests?

For the Hyrox event in Singapore tomorrow, that is my approach.

After 3 weeks of use, it hasn't appeared to benefit me much.
 
v2boi said:

morti said:

Picked up a few kits for Hyrox prep — anyone know whether Mots-C shows up on drug tests?

For the Hyrox event in Singapore tomorrow, that is my approach.

After 3 weeks of use, it hasn't appeared to benefit me much.
What do you mean by it not working well? Is there some kind of discomfort you're feeling, or is it that you're seeing no benefits at all?
 
Yesterday I took 2.5 mg while fasted, then went out for a 7 mile run. Honestly, nothing stood out to me, though that was only a Z2 run. Tomorrow I plan to try another 2.5 before an 8 mile run that includes 4 miles of tempo work in the middle, which ought to be a far better gauge. I'm unsure whether Mots, like some other compounds, requires time to accumulate, or whether effects are supposed to show up immediately. Then again, perhaps 2.5 is simply too low a dose.
 
Some information that might be of interest. Week 3 at 2.5mg taken 3x weekly — Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday — is now behind me.

Tuesday: a standard Z2 medium run of 7-9 miles

Thursday: either a track session or a tempo run, same distance as Tuesday but clearly harder

Sunday: the long run day, typically Z2 only, just extended

What follows comes from my Sunday long runs across the past 3 weeks. The route is identical and the start time of day is nearly identical too. These runs are not fasted, and about 45 minutes before starting I took the 2.5mg together with 100 mg caffeine, which is what I have always done.

Week 1





482072191d304919c72a4b6ca3a26e80996cb0074a548826243795a53b31c15d.webp


Week 2

020f7bc40fac4644487c1c13ba91df813e38573e6740d5906a8bab3eaa0426c8.webp


Week 3

21d793d6a7f5de6c835982c6b92b765c118422724473a60305ea1a49313d1abe.webp


It is pretty cool to watch my paces go up while my heart rate actually goes down week over week. I am certainly getting more fit, and I was already on that path before the Mots-c, but while I am running I definitely notice a benefit from it. At the moment I am running 40~ miles a week.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Man, I really wish it had done something for me. I was running 10mg daily, absolutely nuts about it. Didn't get any pip or Isr..but I also didn't see anything obvious change. Still, we're all wired differently, and it looks like the majority of folks do come away with some upside from it.

BRO, from what I've heard, you need to run SS-31 for roughly 30ish days first to repair your mitochondria, and only after that do you start MOTS-c to get the most out of it.

Where did I get this? Somewhere... possibly YouTube, or ChatGPT, 👀 🤣 but regardless, look into it yourself and I'm pretty sure that's why you felt nothing.
 
Back
Top