MOTS-C ineffective for me?

monsterultra23

Explorer
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
preston
Anyone else using mots-c and finding it hard to notice any positive effects? Right now I'm at 8.5mg before training, 4-5 times weekly, but truthfully I'm not getting anything from it. Curious what doses other people are taking.
 
Same situation for me... I haven't noticed anything at all.

As far as I understand, Mots-c needs mitochondria that are functioning correctly, since its only action is to signal the AMPK pathway.

That could be where you (and I) are running into trouble.

A common recommendation is to 'repair' your cells first with SS-31 (and maybe FOX04-DRI to clear out senescent cells).

I plan to give exactly that a shot.
 
4 mg is my ceiling. Once I go to 5 mg, it's too much for me. Perhaps those who notice nothing simply have mitochondria that are already running at peak efficiency. Another possibility: they're younger, so they haven't yet gone through the age-related decline that slows metabolism. Should you be past 50 with nothing to report, then consider that a stroke of luck.
 
I left out that I'm 43, so based on what I've come across, I ought to be noticing an effect since mitochondrial decline or something like that has likely kicked in by now. Might quit, get an ss31 kit, and do that one first.
 
monsterultra23 said:

I left out that I'm 43, so based on what I've come across, I ought to be noticing an effect since mitochondrial decline or something like that has likely kicked in by now. Might quit, get an ss31 kit, and do that one first.
That's the main way people do it, though recent studies indicate they can also be stacked. My own approach was SS-31 before anything else. NAD levels typically begin dropping around 40, so it's possible your mitochondria are still performing well on their own. By 67, mine aren't, which is why the impact was so noticeable in my case.
 
7mg on alternating days. Excellent for Cardio and steady energy. In November I did a month of SS-31. Total fatigue, though supposedly a necessary step. About to start another SS-31 cycle.
 
I thought about using ss31 before mots, but since it was the priciest thing on the whole v endor sales list, insanely costly, I decided to skip it, and I train 5x a week, plus run 2x a week, so I don't figure I'm likely a good fit for it.

I jumped right into 5mg of mots 2x a week, ahead of runs, and it feels great, keeps me from getting nearly as exhausted.
 
monsterultra23 said:

Anyone else using mots-c and finding it hard to notice any positive effects? Right now I'm at 8.5mg before training, 4-5 times weekly, but truthfully I'm not getting anything from it. Curious what doses other people are taking.
Doing 5mg of mots-c 3 times per week. By week 4 I'm really enjoying it and can clearly notice a change while training.
 
I began 2.5mg 3 times per week just last week, and I definitely feel like I'm noticing something. I use it on days when I run 7+ miles.
 
Same here—finished a single vial and felt zero difference. I've still got 9 sitting in the freezer, so perhaps I'll give it another shot eventually. GHK CU was the same story: 1 vial, and I couldn't detect any positive effects at all. Placebo has never really worked on me. Tirzepatide, though, was a completely different experience—it delivered amazing results, and naturally those changes show up clearly on the scale.
 
I was going through my gym weights spreadsheet and saw that I've actually been adding a couple more exercises than usual, which likely adds another 15 minutes to my gym time, so I could probably say my output is up by about 25%, I just don't get that energy rush feeling.
 
monsterultra23 said:

I was going through my gym weights spreadsheet and saw that I've actually been adding a couple more exercises than usual, which likely adds another 15 minutes to my gym time, so I could probably say my output is up by about 25%, I just don't get that energy rush feeling.
It's intriguing that it's producing effects you aren't picking up on subjectively. I'm pretty eager to try it out myself, particularly for cardio function
 
The sole effect I experienced from MOTS-c was tiredness. My mitochondria probably weren't in the right state for MOTS to do its job, in my view. So I eased off, focusing on mitochondrial support, and I'll use SS31 before trying MOTS once more.
 
Back
Top