MOTS-C causing mild ISR

Prodigal_Habits

Explorer
Joined
Jul 29, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Freeport, Florida
My last 3 injections of Mots have each produced a small welt that sticks around for a few days, along with itching right where I pinned. I've been injecting it for roughly 2 months and hadn't had any negative reactions until now. Anyone else run into this? Right now I'm also using Klow and Lipo-c.
 
When it comes to reactions like this, plenty of individuals tolerate MOTS-c fine right up until the point where they no longer do.
 
ISRs from mots-c seem to affect just about everyone, myself included. It's typical for them to show up only after some time has passed, since your immune system needs a while before it reacts. There's a chance it's more immunogenic than other peptides because it's a mitochondrial peptide, which makes it share more similarities with bacterial peptides or proteins — after all, mitochondria are essentially bacteria that evolution took over and incorporated into our cells.
 
I've come across reports of KPV being used with the intention of helping:

Gemini said:


Injecting KPV nearby or utilizing a topical KPV preparation over a reactive site leverages its direct peptide-receptor activity right where the tissue is stressed.

Click to expand...

One idea I have is that glutathione injections might be useful, but I'm unsure how far apart the two shots ought to be, and gluta on its own is capable of triggering ISRs. For glutathione, it looks like the theoretical benefit of preventing ISRs from MOTS-c depends less on how close together the injections are than it does with KPV:

Gemini said:


Systemic saturation matters more than exact placement. Because glutathione is a major systemic thiol buffer, having elevated circulating or tissue levels of reduced glutathione (GSH) prior to administration could theoretically prime the cellular environment to handle the oxidative burst wherever the peptide lands.

Click to expand...



/community-link/thread/13138/
 
lessthanhalf said:

ISRs from mots-c seem to affect just about everyone, myself included. It's typical for them to show up only after some time has passed, since your immune system needs a while before it reacts. There's a chance it's more immunogenic than other peptides because it's a mitochondrial peptide, which makes it share more similarities with bacterial peptides or proteins — after all, mitochondria are essentially bacteria that evolution took over and incorporated into our cells.
I picked up a kit of MOTS-c during a weak moment. It's still sitting unused, though. My plan is to hold off until I have an Epi Pen or something comparable:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Biohackers/comments/1ske943/no_more_mots_c_for_me/
 
Riviera said:

For MOTS-C and GHK-Cu, I use 1/2" syringes and inject them deep into dimpled skin to get deep penetration.....I find that it helps
A few other things that may help:




Five strategies prevent most reactions: Aggressive dilution, slow injection with rotation, Benadryl cream pre-treatment, proper hygiene, and KPV as insurance

Click to expand...
 
Roughly a month into using mots, my recent shots have left welts that grew bigger each time and lingered longer. The latest one was rather sizable and needed about 7 days to clear up. I'll likely stop using it.
 
Back
Top