MOTS-C bubbling out of vial and residue?

HouseCat

Explorer
Joined
May 31, 2026
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
 
Sounds like too much air went in and the vial is now under positive pressure.

just my two cents.

EDIT-

Neat bit of labelling on that one 🙂
 
HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
 
Skidude said:

Sounds like too much air went in and the vial is now under positive pressure.

just my two cents.

EDIT-

Neat bit of labelling on that one 🙂
I had the same idea. I've pushed too much pressure into several vials before. 🤢
 
Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
 
Skidude said:

Sounds like too much air went in and the vial is now under positive pressure.

just my two cents.

EDIT-

Neat bit of labelling on that one 🙂

Lovedog100 said:

Skidude said:

Sounds like too much air went in and the vial is now under positive pressure.

just my two cents.

EDIT-

Neat bit of labelling on that one 🙂
I had the same idea. I've pushed too much pressure into several vials before. 🤢
Thanks—your explanation clears it up for me: I pushed air in with syringe 1, then repeated the same step using syringe two without really thinking. That bent needle on syringe 1 knocked me off my rhythm!

Skidude said:

Sounds like too much air went in and the vial is now under positive pressure.

just my two cents.

EDIT-

Neat bit of labelling on that one 🙂
Haha! Because it was just a handful of doses, I decided the pricier ones weren’t necessary—those will be used on vials from the kit I’ve got coming 😊

Image unavailable
 
HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
 
Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
From time to time I've seen powder stick to the shoulder — this happens when the vacuum pulls it upward as BAC is introduced. Usually I swirl or turn the vial so that it can take up BAC too.

And with that much air, it's possible you'd get some persistent bubbles, I guess. (?)
 
Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
Do I need to toss this vial? 😂 For this initial cycle I chose to go nonstop, and there are only about 3 doses remaining in it (my daily amount is 2.14mg). I've got additional 40mg vials sitting in the fridge, untouched powder.
 
HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
Do I need to toss this vial? 😂 For this initial cycle I chose to go nonstop, and there are only about 3 doses remaining in it (my daily amount is 2.14mg). I've got additional 40mg vials sitting in the fridge, untouched powder.
@eidos might turn up in his lab coat and tell you to toss it — and he'd probably be right.

Still, his risk tolerance is way below mine.

Where do you land? The call is yours, and if you go for it, you're not losing much.

If it were me, I'd let the vial vent and finish what's left. It's subq, and it's only been sitting in BAC a couple of days.

That part is up to you.
 
Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
Do I need to toss this vial? 😂 For this initial cycle I chose to go nonstop, and there are only about 3 doses remaining in it (my daily amount is 2.14mg). I've got additional 40mg vials sitting in the fridge, untouched powder.
@eidos might turn up in his lab coat and tell you to toss it — and he'd probably be right.

Still, his risk tolerance is way below mine.

Where do you land? The call is yours, and if you go for it, you're not losing much.

If it were me, I'd let the vial vent and finish what's left. It's subq, and it's only been sitting in BAC a couple of days.

That part is up to you.
Appreciate it, SkiDude!

The supplier and the lab results seem solid to me, plus I'm feeling a bit reckless today, so I figure why not just go ahead with it.

On top of that, I'll kick off a sterility check using this stuff—putting drops onto an agar plate and into a nutrient broth to look for aerobic and anaerobic bugs. Obviously, unless it's absolutely swarming with bacteria, I probably won't see any results for 2 weeks, way after I've already finished using it LOL!
 
HouseCat said:

Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
Do I need to toss this vial? 😂 For this initial cycle I chose to go nonstop, and there are only about 3 doses remaining in it (my daily amount is 2.14mg). I've got additional 40mg vials sitting in the fridge, untouched powder.
@eidos might turn up in his lab coat and tell you to toss it — and he'd probably be right.

Still, his risk tolerance is way below mine.

Where do you land? The call is yours, and if you go for it, you're not losing much.

If it were me, I'd let the vial vent and finish what's left. It's subq, and it's only been sitting in BAC a couple of days.

That part is up to you.
Appreciate it, SkiDude!

The supplier and the lab results seem solid to me, plus I'm feeling a bit reckless today, so I figure why not just go ahead with it.

On top of that, I'll kick off a sterility check using this stuff—putting drops onto an agar plate and into a nutrient broth to look for aerobic and anaerobic bugs. Obviously, unless it's absolutely swarming with bacteria, I probably won't see any results for 2 weeks, way after I've already finished using it LOL!
When you've got 2 plates, put plain bac into the second one as well — that way you can hopefully rule out contamination from the room or the plate itself. 😛

PS- you're enjoying yourself FAR TOO much, @Gr33dyOctopus has some competition!
 
Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
Do I need to toss this vial? 😂 For this initial cycle I chose to go nonstop, and there are only about 3 doses remaining in it (my daily amount is 2.14mg). I've got additional 40mg vials sitting in the fridge, untouched powder.
@eidos might turn up in his lab coat and tell you to toss it — and he'd probably be right.

Still, his risk tolerance is way below mine.

Where do you land? The call is yours, and if you go for it, you're not losing much.

If it were me, I'd let the vial vent and finish what's left. It's subq, and it's only been sitting in BAC a couple of days.

That part is up to you.
Appreciate it, SkiDude!

The supplier and the lab results seem solid to me, plus I'm feeling a bit reckless today, so I figure why not just go ahead with it.

On top of that, I'll kick off a sterility check using this stuff—putting drops onto an agar plate and into a nutrient broth to look for aerobic and anaerobic bugs. Obviously, unless it's absolutely swarming with bacteria, I probably won't see any results for 2 weeks, way after I've already finished using it LOL!
When you've got 2 plates, put plain bac into the second one as well — that way you can hopefully rule out contamination from the room or the plate itself. 😛

PS- you're enjoying yourself FAR TOO much, @Gr33dyOctopus has some competition!
I've got 10 plates on hand! Plus 10 more of blood agar, though I'm holding onto those for a special project (no clue what that'll be yet).

Summer break is here, this forum is the greatest, and absolutely! I'm having an absolute blast!!! There's so much to pick up and mischief to get into 🙂

EDIT: Ugh! I just realized that once I open all 10 plates, I have to use them or they'll spoil/dry out. I'll set aside a tiny amount from this vial for later experiments. At that point, it'll just be for kicks to check whether the solution is still sterile after a few months of sitting. Not exactly groundbreaking science, but definitely entertaining!
 
Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
Do I need to toss this vial? 😂 For this initial cycle I chose to go nonstop, and there are only about 3 doses remaining in it (my daily amount is 2.14mg). I've got additional 40mg vials sitting in the fridge, untouched powder.
@eidos might turn up in his lab coat and tell you to toss it — and he'd probably be right.

Still, his risk tolerance is way below mine.

Where do you land? The call is yours, and if you go for it, you're not losing much.

If it were me, I'd let the vial vent and finish what's left. It's subq, and it's only been sitting in BAC a couple of days.

That part is up to you.
Yes, equalizing the pressure and allowing it to warm up to roughly 65-75 °F makes sense. That should clear away both the foam and any bits. I haven't run it through a filter after it foams, though if there's stinging, filtering could be the smarter move.

With MOTS-c, there's just no telling: one day it feels fine and cozy; the next I'm left with lumps and marks.
 
HouseCat said:

Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
Do I need to toss this vial? 😂 For this initial cycle I chose to go nonstop, and there are only about 3 doses remaining in it (my daily amount is 2.14mg). I've got additional 40mg vials sitting in the fridge, untouched powder.
@eidos might turn up in his lab coat and tell you to toss it — and he'd probably be right.

Still, his risk tolerance is way below mine.

Where do you land? The call is yours, and if you go for it, you're not losing much.

If it were me, I'd let the vial vent and finish what's left. It's subq, and it's only been sitting in BAC a couple of days.

That part is up to you.
Appreciate it, SkiDude!

The supplier and the lab results seem solid to me, plus I'm feeling a bit reckless today, so I figure why not just go ahead with it.

On top of that, I'll kick off a sterility check using this stuff—putting drops onto an agar plate and into a nutrient broth to look for aerobic and anaerobic bugs. Obviously, unless it's absolutely swarming with bacteria, I probably won't see any results for 2 weeks, way after I've already finished using it LOL!
When you've got 2 plates, put plain bac into the second one as well — that way you can hopefully rule out contamination from the room or the plate itself. 😛

PS- you're enjoying yourself FAR TOO much, @Gr33dyOctopus has some competition!
I've got 10 plates on hand! Plus 10 more of blood agar, though I'm holding onto those for a special project (no clue what that'll be yet).

Summer break is here, this forum is the greatest, and absolutely! I'm having an absolute blast!!! There's so much to pick up and mischief to get into 🙂

EDIT: Ugh! I just realized that once I open all 10 plates, I have to use them or they'll spoil/dry out. I'll set aside a tiny amount from this vial for later experiments. At that point, it'll just be for kicks to check whether the solution is still sterile after a few months of sitting. Not exactly groundbreaking science, but definitely entertaining!
In case you want suggestions for putting additional Petri dishes to use:

  • environmental control = leave it open for 2 hours in the room in front of a fan (though not near the coffee machine, as that contains many things).
  • negative control = a dish that stays unopened
  • BAC control
  • 0.10 ml taken from a different peptide

Appreciate the details about the open packs.
 
eidos said:

Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Flash-BCR said:

HouseCat said:

Two days back I mixed a MOTS-C vial (came back well on testing, 10 mg plus 2mL BAC). Day 1 and day 2 it looked fully dissolved, yet today I spotted what looked like particles stuck around the vial's shoulder area. I gave it a swirl for 1-2 minutes, but the liquid still behaves oddly and clings up top (see image).

Feeling a bit reckless, I went ahead and punctured the top with a syringe to pull some out. The needle bent once it hit the long rubber inner section, so I threw that one away. There was a small dot on the rubber stopper's surface, so I alcohol-wiped it again. With a second syringe I pulled a dose, and right after that liquid began bubbling out from the top of the rubber stopper. I alcohol-wiped it, and more bubbled out; repeated and got the same thing. No photo of the bubbling (the bubble was roughly 4mm across), but the arrow shows a ring of liquid circling the top's edge. I put the cap on the syringe and left it in the fridge, unused, because I'm not keen on injecting if this weirdness is a red flag.

What's happening here? Is the issue the vial, the MOTS-C, or both? Would you throw it out? It cost just $10 for 1 vial (a GB extra I picked up as a single), so losing it isn't a big deal.

(I looked up foamy peps and found plenty on HGH but nothing on MOTS-C. I'm aware there's another recent MOTS-C thread, but that one's about energy changes, so I didn't want to hijack it.)





Image unavailable

Image unavailable
Regarding the leftover particles... was it filtered, or is this the vial as it came?...
A PES 0.22micron sterile filter was used for filtration. Appreciate you checking!
I assumed that was the case, though the whole particle situation had me puzzled for a moment...
Do I need to toss this vial? 😂 For this initial cycle I chose to go nonstop, and there are only about 3 doses remaining in it (my daily amount is 2.14mg). I've got additional 40mg vials sitting in the fridge, untouched powder.
@eidos might turn up in his lab coat and tell you to toss it — and he'd probably be right.

Still, his risk tolerance is way below mine.

Where do you land? The call is yours, and if you go for it, you're not losing much.

If it were me, I'd let the vial vent and finish what's left. It's subq, and it's only been sitting in BAC a couple of days.

That part is up to you.
Yes, equalizing the pressure and allowing it to warm up to roughly 65-75 °F makes sense. That should clear away both the foam and any bits. I haven't run it through a filter after it foams, though if there's stinging, filtering could be the smarter move.

With MOTS-c, there's just no telling: one day it feels fine and cozy; the next I'm left with lumps and marks.
Appreciate the solid guidance, as always, @eidos!

The suggestions for different plate experiments are appealing too. I do tend to hoard stuff "for a special occasion," and then it spoils before I ever get around to it. Since the plates are vacuum sealed, I doubt that would be an issue here, but I value the nudge to use them rather than merely intend to. 😀

About to dose the MOTS-C shortly. So if I'm not posting tomorrow, give my dad a call, alright? LOL! 🤣
 
Hey everyone! I went ahead and used the MOTS-C, and I'm feeling good with no ISR - yay! Appreciate the guidance.

Skidude said:

Sounds like too much air went in and the vial is now under positive pressure.

just my two cents.

EDIT-

Neat bit of labelling on that one 🙂
You made me feel called out @Skidude ! (Also, I just wanted an excuse to use my new Phomeno label maker LOL!)

Image unavailable

Image unavailable

Image unavailable
 
Back
Top