Mot-c Dosing: Where Should a Beginner Begin?

Vesperkay

Explorer
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Alberta
Hey hey!

I want to start using Mot-c, and since I'm pretty new to peptides, I'm looking into things first before posting any comments.

What I mainly want to know is: why do starting doses for Mot-c vary so wildly?

I've seen 200mcg 2/3 times per week, while others take 2mg before a workout

For every other peptide I've looked into, the numbers are much more consistent

Could someone explain this to me?

Thank you!
 
Instead of turning to strangers for advice about substances you intend to inject, put in more effort researching on your own.

Since we have zero information about your condition—whether you're in shape, overweight, or dealing with serious metabolic issues—it would be irresponsible for us to recommend any dosage. We have no basis for suggesting amounts that might be wasted due to a flawed idea.
 
LabRatts said:

Instead of turning to strangers for advice about substances you intend to inject, put in more effort researching on your own.

Since we have zero information about your condition—whether you're in shape, overweight, or dealing with serious metabolic issues—it would be irresponsible for us to recommend any dosage. We have no basis for suggesting amounts that might be wasted due to a flawed idea.
Nope, I'm not that exhausted: I still haven't used my MOTS-c. /j
 
LabRatts said:

Instead of turning to strangers for advice about substances you intend to inject, put in more effort researching on your own.

Since we have zero information about your condition—whether you're in shape, overweight, or dealing with serious metabolic issues—it would be irresponsible for us to recommend any dosage. We have no basis for suggesting amounts that might be wasted due to a flawed idea.
Alright, I'll rework what you said so I can pull out the answer I need.

When figuring out where to begin with dosing, the biggest influences are body composition along with your current metabolic and health status. That probably explains the wide swings I keep running into while searching. The smart move is to dig into how those variables shape dosing for this peptide, so I can land on a dose that actually fits me.

Thanks for weighing in Ratt! Appreciate it 😁
 
Once I looked into it myself, I kept running into wildly different recommendations about when to take it: in the morning, before bed, or ahead of a workout. The peptide site I usually rely on recommended taking it in the morning, so I gave that a shot for a few weeks at 3x/wk, but the energy rush everyone mentions never really showed up for me. So I switched to dosing at night, roughly an hour b4 I turn in, and I've never slept better — that's now my permanent bedtime routine 😁
 
HRH_IceQueen said:

Once I looked into it myself, I kept running into wildly different recommendations about when to take it: in the morning, before bed, or ahead of a workout. The peptide site I usually rely on recommended taking it in the morning, so I gave that a shot for a few weeks at 3x/wk, but the energy rush everyone mentions never really showed up for me. So I switched to dosing at night, roughly an hour b4 I turn in, and I've never slept better — that's now my permanent bedtime routine 😁
That "energy" doesn't hit like a Rsd Bull-style rush. It's closer to a gradual, steady Energizer Bunny effect. "Jaunty" is the term my wife and I use for it. You're able to keep moving along, though there's no obligation to. It isn't me*h... 😎
 
Vesperkay said:

Hey hey!

I want to start using Mot-c, and since I'm pretty new to peptides, I'm looking into things first before posting any comments.

What I mainly want to know is: why do starting doses for Mot-c vary so wildly?

I've seen 200mcg 2/3 times per week, while others take 2mg before a workout

For every other peptide I've looked into, the numbers are much more consistent

Could someone explain this to me?

Thank you!
Like other folks mentioned, the right approach really hinges on your present metabolic and health situation. Age might play a role too. For someone who is older and has dealt with significant stress, starting with SS-31 to fix cellular damage first could make sense, before using a peptide that replicates and amplifies mitochondria.

On the dosing side, what has worked well for me is 3mg taken in the morning every other day, so 3 times weekly. Reactions vary—some do better with more or less—and it truly comes down to your health status and, I'd add, how often you're hitting the gym.

There's a solid yt video from Dr. Alex Tatem covering Mots C that I'd suggest checking out.
 
I've just kicked off my initial mots cycle. I'm a 48yr old guy, and I've only really been going to the gym for the first time in my life over the past 6 months or so. After digging around in a lot of different places, I settled on 1mg every day, following a 5/2 schedule, taken in the morning. My lifting usually happens M-F, so I'll inject on those days. Should things go smoothly, I might increase to 1mg/day after a couple weeks.
 
Vesperkay said:

Hey hey!

I want to start using Mot-c, and since I'm pretty new to peptides, I'm looking into things first before posting any comments.

What I mainly want to know is: why do starting doses for Mot-c vary so wildly?

I've seen 200mcg 2/3 times per week, while others take 2mg before a workout

For every other peptide I've looked into, the numbers are much more consistent

Could someone explain this to me?

Thank you!
My routine is 960 mcg every day, taken ahead of my morning training session. That gives me solid energy while I work out, once I'm done, and for the rest of the day. The catch is that you have to test it on yourself. Your body composition matters, along with the condition of your mitochondria and your current fitness level, whether that's good or bad. So grabbing someone else's schedule and crossing your fingers isn't the way to go.
 
Responses vary from person to person. It's wise to begin with a low dose, particularly for Mots-c, since some users have experienced allergic reactions and injection site reactions are frequently reported. My own schedule was 3 injections per week, beginning at 1 mg and increasing to 5 mg. When taken before a workout, even 1 mg can deliver extra energy and improved performance, though your own results might differ. I completed the entire 14-week protocol, using NR, SS-31, and then Mots-c, and I plan to keep Mots-c stored in the freezer.
 
LabRatts said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

Once I looked into it myself, I kept running into wildly different recommendations about when to take it: in the morning, before bed, or ahead of a workout. The peptide site I usually rely on recommended taking it in the morning, so I gave that a shot for a few weeks at 3x/wk, but the energy rush everyone mentions never really showed up for me. So I switched to dosing at night, roughly an hour b4 I turn in, and I've never slept better — that's now my permanent bedtime routine 😁
That "energy" doesn't hit like a Rsd Bull-style rush. It's closer to a gradual, steady Energizer Bunny effect. "Jaunty" is the term my wife and I use for it. You're able to keep moving along, though there's no obligation to. It isn't me*h... 😎
I'm with you on that, and I felt zero effects. It wasn't "jaunty" at all, and it certainly didn't turn me into an energizer bunny. That said, my sleep improved, and better rest gave me more energy the following day. So I'd call that a win anyway 🙌🏼
 
I'm carrying this much extra weight. So what's my injection amount 😂

Kidding.

Originally I figured I'd kick things off around 500mcg, then bump up to 1mg on an every-other-day schedule

Once I realized body composition and general health deserve proper attention first, I'm going to pause those plans and do more reading

Appreciate everyone's input!

Xoxoxo





a6cdf3f26859d98d723178b10107d5b31fc3b4b206176b0c4a485bc7bb3ae5c8.webp
 
Honestly, I'm pretty confused about Mots-c. There's an entire kit sitting in my freezer, and I still haven't settled on a protocol to begin with. I had almost made up my mind to go the low-dose, frequent-injection route: 1mg with a 5on/2off schedule. However, the deeper I dig into Mots-c, the more I lean toward doing 3.3mg on Mon/Wed/Frid. I was on the verge of starting the first option tomorrow, but now the second one appeals to me more. I figure I'll try 3.3mg every other day starting Monday and just see what happens.
 
Back
Top