Morning or night for the reta pin?

Artichoke

Explorer
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Might be a silly or even pointless question, but which part of the day is right for pinning reta — night? morning? Does it actually matter? Asking because i keep seeing people give conflicting views on it and now i am curious.
 
A lot of people take it in the morning so it won't interfere with sleep. I'm one of them. Lately I've been having some sleep issues. I'm not sure whether that's related to my dose increase to 6mg 3 weeks ago.
 
Roughly 3 hours pass before it starts working. My preference is to inject just before bed, though taking it in the morning works just as well.
 
BNLFL said:

A lot of people take it in the morning so it won't interfere with sleep. I'm one of them. Lately I've been having some sleep issues. I'm not sure whether that's related to my dose increase to 6mg 3 weeks ago.
My sleep has improved, so it must have been my pea brain refusing to shut down, plus that thing where I'm about to order 3 additional kits. Mornings work for me for 2 reasons. First, in the morning it's finished and out of the way before showers and everything else. Second, on day 7 the compound is fading because of half life, and taking it in the morning kicks in the appetite suppression nearly immediately. That 4th 6mg Friday was something else. I combined 2 vials of R40 that I had bought before discovering this place, and zing it works. Friday night I even had a bit of heart burn. Appetite suppression is still going strong.
 
Artichoke said:

Might be a silly or even pointless question, but which part of the day is right for pinning reta — night? morning? Does it actually matter? Asking because i keep seeing people give conflicting views on it and now i am curious.
It's likely best to begin dosing in the morning, then take your 1st day off, just in case your sleep gets a little disrupted.
 
I'm with everyone else on this: to handle side effects, take it in the morning, so you're not awake all night dealing with first-time unpleasantness and as your dose increases.
 
Sure, everyone posting before me seems to disagree, since their timing is quite early relative to when peak levels are expected—but the time of day you dose probably won’t matter much.

Absorption speed and side effects vary a lot from person to person. Blood levels usually reach their peak 12-48 hours after a dose, and that’s theoretically the point when side effects are most likely to be a problem. So perhaps the best approach is simply to test it: if nothing troublesome happens, timing is irrelevant; if something does, you’ll learn your own lag between dosing and symptom onset.
 
When increasing my dose, I usually aim for a bedtime injection. Apart from that, I notice no variation either way.
 
Back
Top