DirtyWilly
Explorer
Hey there, curious whether anyone else has run into injuries (pain) or more tendonitis while on GLP-1s?
The gym has been part of my life on and off across many years and my routine is consistent and logged. Since starting tirzepatide the tendon tears have multiplied, along with active pain, beyond anything I'd dealt with before. Nothing in my routine changed - same lifts, same exercises. I got my Mom going on her GLP-1 journey and into the gym with me, and the same tendonitis thing happened to her.
My own training leans toward functional strength with heavier weights, but my belief is that whatever mechanism sharpens sensitivity to food also sharpens sensitivity to pain, which could be pushing injury rates up.
So I'm curious whether anyone else has seen this while training on GLP-1s, particularly that heightened active pain.
The gym has been part of my life on and off across many years and my routine is consistent and logged. Since starting tirzepatide the tendon tears have multiplied, along with active pain, beyond anything I'd dealt with before. Nothing in my routine changed - same lifts, same exercises. I got my Mom going on her GLP-1 journey and into the gym with me, and the same tendonitis thing happened to her.
My own training leans toward functional strength with heavier weights, but my belief is that whatever mechanism sharpens sensitivity to food also sharpens sensitivity to pain, which could be pushing injury rates up.
So I'm curious whether anyone else has seen this while training on GLP-1s, particularly that heightened active pain.