Month 3 update.

BigDaddyJ

Explorer
Joined
May 28, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Van Buren, Arkansas
Hey all! Here's my update for month 3. I'm at 238 now, which works out to 40 lbs lost. Pretty solid.. The only adjustment I made was splitting my dose. I noticed that on the final day or two, food noise was creeping in and I'd get hungry faster. Splitting it made a difference.
 
Great job, mate! I might need to give splitting a go myself. What I have noticed is that the food noise starts creeping back as the weekly dose nears its end. Before I increase the dose again, I will test this approach.
 
Bruce Campbell said:

Nice work!

I’ve been thinking about either splitting my dose or taking it every 5 days instead of 7. What does your current schedule look like?
Oh right, that slipped my mind. Once I switched to split doses, I moved to 6 day weeks starting after the 2nd week, simply so it would be simpler to do it every three days. So I bumped it up to 10. It looked like it made a difference.
 
Nice work. That's a solid result.

Just keep an eye on your muscle mass. Once losses pass 2 pounds a week, watching for muscle loss becomes really important. Getting enough protein and doing the right exercises matter a lot here.

Keep it going.
 
Just A Cat said:

Nice work. That's a solid result.

Just keep an eye on your muscle mass. Once losses pass 2 pounds a week, watching for muscle loss becomes really important. Getting enough protein and doing the right exercises matter a lot here.

Keep it going.
The real benchmark isn't 2lbs per week — it's 1% of body weight. So going above 2lbs a week is still fine for him for some time to come.
 
ladyj779 said:

The real benchmark isn't 2lbs per week — it's 1% of body weight. So going above 2lbs a week is still fine for him for some time to come.
You're absolutely right, and that's a really good thing to bring up, My Lady. Is it okay if I call you My Lady?

One more thing worth mentioning: early on, when BMI is still high, it's normal to shed a good amount of fluid weight too. That can sometimes lead to a problem down the road. Once you get nearer to a normal BMI, the pounds come off much more slowly, and folks start thinking the GLP-1 has stopped doing its job. But back when my BMI was above 30, I was dropping weight so much faster and in bigger amounts! I think slowing down is just how it's meant to go.

Still, I didn't want it to come across like they were in any danger — just that they ought to stay aware and keep an eye on their lean muscle mass.
 
Just A Cat said:

You're absolutely right, and that's a really good thing to bring up, My Lady. Is it okay if I call you My Lady?

One more thing worth mentioning: early on, when BMI is still high, it's normal to shed a good amount of fluid weight too. That can sometimes lead to a problem down the road. Once you get nearer to a normal BMI, the pounds come off much more slowly, and folks start thinking the GLP-1 has stopped doing its job. But back when my BMI was above 30, I was dropping weight so much faster and in bigger amounts! I think slowing down is just how it's meant to go.

Still, I didn't want it to come across like they were in any danger — just that they ought to stay aware and keep an eye on their lean muscle mass.
From 242 down to 175, my monthly loss held steady at 10lbs — that took me from the obese range into overweight. These days I sit roughly 15lbs above a "healthy" bmi, and over the last month the drop was 6lbs. So yes, things do "slow" — and your take sounds spot on to me: that's how it's meant to go (likely helped along by systemic inflammation that keeps easing), the medication is still doing its job, I haven't moved my dose up, and I don't plan to, at least not in the immediate future. With a lower body weight, the rate I can safely and healthily lose at has to come down as well — and I'm still within that .5-1% range, even if the number in lbs is smaller, so I've got to be pleased about it 😂 obviously I'm not, but logically I know I ought to be.
 
Back
Top