Monitoring Glucose Without a Diabetes Diagnosis?

I still have a glucose monitor from my keto diet days. After starting Reta and Mots-c, I noticed some spikes and occasional fatigue, so I used it to check my levels. Turns out my mitochondria likely needed a tune up. I added SS-31 and NAD+ 👍
 
I've been checking my levels for roughly 3 months now (1 month before starting reta and 2 months while on it), and I used test strips — which I wouldn't suggest... my fingertips started feeling like swiss cheese😳.

Right now I don't have the complete dataset* in front of me, but I do recall that before reta my blood glucose averaged around 4.5 (mmol/L) when fasted/in the morning, with spikes after meals landing between 6-8.

Once I was on reta, the fasted readings fell to 3.5-4, and the spikes never exceeded 7.

So the reta clearly caused a drop.

*The bulk of the data inside the app (MySugr) has disappeared, so I need to locate the export I saved.

Still, here are a few screenshots I managed to find.





2857845f0e6be4d9714807d40625eb87de344a0d26ce9bf63fc653343c786863.webp


Final continuous testing week (3rd month on reta, fasted)

076118bd2d8c6c35e86df8c4c7eb90a94964eaa37cc5fb7260f33fe5f4c50092.webp


Random readings @ 3.9mmol/L fasted and 4.9 post meal)

9a89beaa0cec140be18529f6f1fbc36e4d32bff6e3da54122195e46de6a35c8a.webp


One more random reading (4.3mmol/L) fasted.
 
I've had type 2 diabetes (a "family tradition") and have taken medication for 6 years. I began using a CGM 2 or 3 times a year to observe my blood glucose profile over the course of a day, which a fingertip blood sample can't reveal.

My first device was the Freestyle Libre 3 (75€), and for the last 6 months I've used the Libre 2+ (43€), which offers the same features, only slightly thicker.

Over the past few weeks, I've taken Tirz, Reta, MOTS-c, SS-31, and, as of this morning, 5AMQ.

My blood sugar is now regulated: 99% of the time it remains in the green zone. I experienced 2 "minor" hypoglycemia episodes during sleep, with no lasting effects.

This is very useful for figuring out which foods trigger hyperglycemia. And whether eating them at breakfast versus later in the day makes any difference.

What's odd is that my blood sugar seldom falls during aerobic threshold activities, yet it frequently drops an hour afterward. This pattern appears to be specific to Reta.

Beyond stabilizing my blood sugar, what drives me most is watching the projected HbA1c in the Libre app. From 10.5 in February, it's now trending toward 6.5. I'll confirm this with the next analysis in July.

The "dawn phenomenon" (when blood sugar rises an hour before waking and spikes even before eating) has nearly vanished. Since it's largely driven by HGH, if I were using it, I'd rely on a CGM to ensure it doesn't cause insulin resistance.
 
Back
Top