Mixing semaglutide with varying amounts of bacteriostatic water

muleman750

Explorer
Joined
Feb 16, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Hilton, newyork
Typically I add 3cc of bac to 10mg of semi, which gives me 2mg at 60iu. This time, for a 10mg vial, I only added 1cc of bac water, so my 2mg came out to 20iu.

It hit me like a freight train. Same injection site and same batch (a new vial). I'm guessing that with less water, the semi gets absorbed much faster? Does anyone else have experience with this? I usually rotate between stomach and thighs, but this was a standard stomach pin. Thanks
 
I haven't come across any reports, nor have I personally noticed, that the strength of a GLP solution changes how it works. My own experience: doses between 10-30mg/ml produced no noticeable change in the medication's effect.

What strikes me first is that maybe something went off with your calculations, the amount of bac you pulled, or how you drew the mixed Sema.
 
For years I've been doing the mixing. The sole difference was that I put in 1cc and pulled 20 units, rather than 3cc and pulling 60 units. Unless the vendor mislabeled it and it isn't actually 10mg. Thanks for getting back to me.
 
muleman750 said:

Typically I add 3cc of bac to 10mg of semi, which gives me 2mg at 60iu. This time, for a 10mg vial, I only added 1cc of bac water, so my 2mg came out to 20iu.

It hit me like a freight train. Same injection site and same batch (a new vial). I'm guessing that with less water, the semi gets absorbed much faster? Does anyone else have experience with this? I usually rotate between stomach and thighs, but this was a standard stomach pin. Thanks
What's the reason for measuring this in iu? The iu value isn't the same across different peptides.

To go from International Units (IU) to milligrams (mg), you need substance-specific conversion factors, since 1 IU reflects biological activity rather than weight
 
CNCCurrency said:

muleman750 said:

Typically I add 3cc of bac to 10mg of semi, which gives me 2mg at 60iu. This time, for a 10mg vial, I only added 1cc of bac water, so my 2mg came out to 20iu.

It hit me like a freight train. Same injection site and same batch (a new vial). I'm guessing that with less water, the semi gets absorbed much faster? Does anyone else have experience with this? I usually rotate between stomach and thighs, but this was a standard stomach pin. Thanks
What's the reason for measuring this in iu? The iu value isn't the same across different peptides.

To go from International Units (IU) to milligrams (mg), you need substance-specific conversion factors, since 1 IU reflects biological activity rather than weight

CNCCurrency said:

muleman750 said:

Typically I add 3cc of bac to 10mg of semi, which gives me 2mg at 60iu. This time, for a 10mg vial, I only added 1cc of bac water, so my 2mg came out to 20iu.

It hit me like a freight train. Same injection site and same batch (a new vial). I'm guessing that with less water, the semi gets absorbed much faster? Does anyone else have experience with this? I usually rotate between stomach and thighs, but this was a standard stomach pin. Thanks
What's the reason for measuring this in iu? The iu value isn't the same across different peptides.

To go from International Units (IU) to milligrams (mg), you need substance-specific conversion factors, since 1 IU reflects biological activity rather than weight
Honestly, I just rely on a peptide calculator. So for a 10mg vial, 1cc means 2mg per 20 units. Or 20 ml. Not iu. Sorry, I'll edit the post.
 
muleman750 said:

For years I've been doing the mixing. The sole difference was that I put in 1cc and pulled 20 units, rather than 3cc and pulling 60 units. Unless the vendor mislabeled it and it isn't actually 10mg. Thanks for getting back to me.

Speaking from personal observation only, a relative of mine is on brand Zepbound injections, and she insists the 15mg vial she took this week feels "stronger" compared to the 12.5mg vial she had been using before. Hard to say, but I'm with @woundcarping on this — I've yet to see any study indicating that concentration has an impact on how the delivery mechanisms work.

An alternative explanation to mislabeling could be significant overfill in the mixed vial. I bought some T60 not long ago, and one vial in that batch came back testing more than 25% above the rest. So if the vial you had was actually 12.5mg instead of 10mg, your dose would have worked out to 2.5mg, which might account for the stronger effect you felt from the medication.
 
Grogu said:

muleman750 said:

For years I've been doing the mixing. The sole difference was that I put in 1cc and pulled 20 units, rather than 3cc and pulling 60 units. Unless the vendor mislabeled it and it isn't actually 10mg. Thanks for getting back to me.

Speaking from personal observation only, a relative of mine is on brand Zepbound injections, and she insists the 15mg vial she took this week feels "stronger" compared to the 12.5mg vial she had been using before. Hard to say, but I'm with @woundcarping on this — I've yet to see any study indicating that concentration has an impact on how the delivery mechanisms work.

An alternative explanation to mislabeling could be significant overfill in the mixed vial. I bought some T60 not long ago, and one vial in that batch came back testing more than 25% above the rest. So if the vial you had was actually 12.5mg instead of 10mg, your dose would have worked out to 2.5mg, which might account for the stronger effect you felt from the medication.

Yeah, maybe it was a bit overfilled? Appreciate you getting back to me. This week I gave my wife 1mg rather than 2mg. Might split the dose if she's feeling okay.
 
For your sema [not semi] vial(s), what did independent third-party testing show the actual mass to be? And does the new sema [not semi] come from the same kit as the rest?
 
indolent said:

For your sema [not semi] vial(s), what did independent third-party testing show the actual mass to be? And does the new sema [not semi] come from the same kit as the rest?
Thanks for setting me straight on Sema. Prior to discovering this forum, I was purchasing a few vials at a time at a very high price. That's why I never went with a kit. The source I used is a major sponsor on a huge bodybuilding forum. They have tons of feedback and favorable reviews. Even so, once I joined this forum I learned about third party testing. I've stuck with the other vendor for 2 years and dropped 100lbs.

I was toying with the idea that when you inject with a larger amount of bac water, the sema degrades inside the body before it's fully absorbed, given the extra 40 units of bac water. But I can't locate any info backing that up. So my guess is it was simply more potent than the usual 10mg vials. This time, using 1cc of bac, the Sema hit like a semi. (a little joke there lol)
 
muleman750 said:

indolent said:

For your sema [not semi] vial(s), what did independent third-party testing show the actual mass to be? And does the new sema [not semi] come from the same kit as the rest?
Thanks for setting me straight on Sema. Prior to discovering this forum, I was purchasing a few vials at a time at a very high price. That's why I never went with a kit. The source I used is a major sponsor on a huge bodybuilding forum. They have tons of feedback and favorable reviews. Even so, once I joined this forum I learned about third party testing. I've stuck with the other vendor for 2 years and dropped 100lbs.

I was toying with the idea that when you inject with a larger amount of bac water, the sema degrades inside the body before it's fully absorbed, given the extra 40 units of bac water. But I can't locate any info backing that up. So my guess is it was simply more potent than the usual 10mg vials. This time, using 1cc of bac, the Sema hit like a semi. (a little joke there lol)
When peptides get tested, a big part of the reason is that freeze-drying them consistently, in terms of how much mass is lost, is difficult.

To avoid coming in under, canners often begin with a larger quantity, and a few will even intentionally target a higher amount. So a vial may end up holding more than the label says -- at times far more, around 30%.

This isn't tied to any single vendor. It's especially true since almost all of them are just reselling and either don't know or don't bother about what's in their products. Third-party testing applies to each individual batch.

Most likely your most recent vial was heavily overfilled, and that's why it hit you like a semi. It wasn't due to how much bac you used.
 
Back
Top