Missing snowboarding

whatchamacallit

Explorer
Joined
Mar 4, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington
Snowboarding the way I once did has become really hard because of my weight.

In the next couple of weeks I'll begin a glp-1, and I'm hoping that next year's snowboarding will be better.

Is there any activity you miss, and did glp-1's help you return to it?
 
I missed the experience of calling out that someone running a project is a complete idiot who wanders around holding the next steps of a project and looks for any random spot to dump them rather than applying even the most basic critical thinking about what those steps are and who ought to be assigned to them—and then having 1 or 2 guys (who backed me up because I was correct, not out of pity) straighten up and pull in their stomachs for reasons that will never be acknowledged, discussed, acted upon, or perhaps even consciously considered.

I did still observe that back when I was much heavier, people have their preferences, but it happens more often now that I'm not. It's a pleasant compliment and I missed it. I'm glad it's back.
 
randompersonrandom said:

I missed the experience of calling out that someone running a project is a complete idiot who wanders around holding the next steps of a project and looks for any random spot to dump them rather than applying even the most basic critical thinking about what those steps are and who ought to be assigned to them—and then having 1 or 2 guys (who backed me up because I was correct, not out of pity) straighten up and pull in their stomachs for reasons that will never be acknowledged, discussed, acted upon, or perhaps even consciously considered.

I did still observe that back when I was much heavier, people have their preferences, but it happens more often now that I'm not. It's a pleasant compliment and I missed it. I'm glad it's back.
It really is like that… When your body shifts, all at once more people start noticing you, hearing you out, and handling you another way.

No change in who you are or what you think—only the body is not the same.

That only becomes clear after you’ve been on both ends of it, and at that point it’s tough to avoid naming it for what it is.
 
whatchamacallit said:

Snowboarding the way I once did has become really hard because of my weight.

In the next couple of weeks I'll begin a glp-1, and I'm hoping that next year's snowboarding will be better.

Is there any activity you miss, and did glp-1's help you return to it?
Whether I was thin or not, I have never been anything but terrible at it, so perhaps this works in my favor.

Still, I bet it will change things for you. Regaining that sort of freedom is enormous.
 
Mara_aa said:

whatchamacallit said:

Snowboarding the way I once did has become really hard because of my weight.

In the next couple of weeks I'll begin a glp-1, and I'm hoping that next year's snowboarding will be better.

Is there any activity you miss, and did glp-1's help you return to it?
Whether I was thin or not, I have never been anything but terrible at it, so perhaps this works in my favor.

Still, I bet it will change things for you. Regaining that sort of freedom is enormous.
Back when I was in college, I taught it — having a solid instructor changes everything.
 
whatchamacallit said:

Snowboarding the way I once did has become really hard because of my weight.

In the next couple of weeks I'll begin a glp-1, and I'm hoping that next year's snowboarding will be better.

Is there any activity you miss, and did glp-1's help you return to it?
Having sufficient circulation to be outside and walk around without getting unbearably cold or too hot, plus being able to focus mentally for 4-5 hours straight without hitting a wall. My dose is a microdose of 250mcg/wk.
 
Back
Top