Mislabeled vial: my Sema dose was double for weeks

94brian49

Explorer
Joined
Nov 12, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Malaysia
Third shot out of that vial I reconstituted last, and it just hit me — I'd written the label wrong. The mg/mL figure was fine. The mg/IU conversion was where I slipped up.

And yeah, mg/IU isn't a real unit. It's just the shorthand I use for working out how many IU to draw.

Turns out every week I've been putting in 8mg of Sema, not 4mg, plus 12mg of Reta alongside it (that label, at least, was right 😁). Something had felt off — appetite was crushed far harder than usual — but with zero side effects I shrugged it off. Then, today, I glanced at the label again and it clicked: Hang on, that can't be right. Ran the numbers once more. Yep. My dose had been doubled for weeks 😅

Honestly? I'm choosing to see it as a lucky break. Some of you already know the alcohol thing came back for me — I've been stepping down, and it's been a full week with nothing to drink, so yeah... it plainly does something for addiction. I'll likely stay at 8mg from here. Slight worry about what that does to receptor sensitivity long term. We'll see.
 
94brian49 said:

Third shot out of that vial I reconstituted last, and it just hit me — I'd written the label wrong. The mg/mL figure was fine. The mg/IU conversion was where I slipped up.

And yeah, mg/IU isn't a real unit. It's just the shorthand I use for working out how many IU to draw.

Turns out every week I've been putting in 8mg of Sema, not 4mg, plus 12mg of Reta alongside it (that label, at least, was right 😁). Something had felt off — appetite was crushed far harder than usual — but with zero side effects I shrugged it off. Then, today, I glanced at the label again and it clicked: Hang on, that can't be right. Ran the numbers once more. Yep. My dose had been doubled for weeks 😅

Honestly? I'm choosing to see it as a lucky break. Some of you already know the alcohol thing came back for me — I've been stepping down, and it's been a full week with nothing to drink, so yeah... it plainly does something for addiction. I'll likely stay at 8mg from here. Slight worry about what that does to receptor sensitivity long term. We'll see.
From what I recall, a study was recently conducted that used roughly as much as 16 mg of sema weekly across 40 weeks. So there's no reason to worry
 
Back
Top