Melanotan-I after 4 days: quite pleased with the results

FarmgirlRebel

Explorer
Joined
Feb 11, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Alright! Melanotan I, day 4

Direct sun exposure stayed under 30 minutes, though I spent plenty of time outdoors being active.

The 1st photo was taken right after the initial injection.

The 2nd photo shows how things look 4 days afterward.

A deep, dark tan isn't what I'm after — I prefer a sunkissed appearance — so this outcome has me really satisfied, and there was no burning at all.

My skin is olive, and I'm 62 years old.

Neither picture includes makeup...I rarely bother with it unless I'm getting dressed up for an occasion.
 
That's fascinating! It both unnerves me and draws me in. My girlfriend gave it a go and reported diarrhea along with a massive spike in libido - did anything like that happen for you?
 
ambot88 said:

That's fascinating! It both unnerves me and draws me in. My girlfriend gave it a go and reported diarrhea along with a massive spike in libido - did anything like that happen for you?
From what I understand, that libido effect comes from ML2, not ML1.
 
Were it not for how frequently nausea hits and the unplanned erections, I could see myself giving it a try. At 55 and getting on in years, I'd rather not have the freckles I already have turn darker and end up resembling liver spots, making me seem older than my actual age. A full kit probably isn't something I'd go for. Possibly a single bottle come springtime at a really low dose. For the libido side of things, Tadalafil does the job well enough.
 
MT1 has been treating me well too. Only about 2 weeks in, yet my tan is easily the darkest I've ever managed, and I haven't burned at all, which almost never happens for me. Melasma was a concern going in, but it hasn't shown up. For the first few days I got flushing; that's gone now. I've cut back to 1-2x per week, and roughly 30 min after pinning I do get a short wave of nausea, though it fades fast, so it's easy to handle.
 
ambot88 said:

That's fascinating! It both unnerves me and draws me in. My girlfriend gave it a go and reported diarrhea along with a massive spike in libido - did anything like that happen for you?
Nope, that's the reputation Melanotan 2 carries, and it's part of why I avoided it. I gave PT141 a shot, which comes from MT2, and it left me feeling awful. MT1 hasn't given me any trouble at all
 
PAPoots said:

Were it not for how frequently nausea hits and the unplanned erections, I could see myself giving it a try. At 55 and getting on in years, I'd rather not have the freckles I already have turn darker and end up resembling liver spots, making me seem older than my actual age. A full kit probably isn't something I'd go for. Possibly a single bottle come springtime at a really low dose. For the libido side of things, Tadalafil does the job well enough.
My goal is just a subtle sun-kissed appearance for my sister's July wedding. Being 62, I'm keeping an eye out for age spots, but up to now everything's been fine.
 
What weekly melanotan dose in mg is needed for tanning, and once you quit, does the color go away more quickly than usual?

I'm trying to figure out the number of vials required so I can have a light honey tan that carries me from June through September while getting very little sun.
 
PAPoots said:

What weekly melanotan dose in mg is needed for tanning, and once you quit, does the color go away more quickly than usual?

I'm trying to figure out the number of vials required so I can have a light honey tan that carries me from June through September while getting very little sun.
So for week 1, my dose is 200mcg daily for 5 days. Then week 2, I move to 250 mcg on alternate days...for upkeep, 200-250mg twice weekly...I'll need to monitor how it progresses, since I've never researched this before.

I have to mention, by day 4 I've hit maintenance already...going darker isn't my goal, I was after a more sunkissed look...we'll see how it turns out. My skin is olive to start, and I tan pretty readily, though I usually get a minor burn on the first summer exposure. This time, no burn
 
PAPoots said:

Were it not for how frequently nausea hits and the unplanned erections, I could see myself giving it a try. At 55 and getting on in years, I'd rather not have the freckles I already have turn darker and end up resembling liver spots, making me seem older than my actual age. A full kit probably isn't something I'd go for. Possibly a single bottle come springtime at a really low dose. For the libido side of things, Tadalafil does the job well enough.
The subject she's discussing is MT1, whereas the one you're bringing up is MT2.
 
2boxers said:

PAPoots said:

Were it not for how frequently nausea hits and the unplanned erections, I could see myself giving it a try. At 55 and getting on in years, I'd rather not have the freckles I already have turn darker and end up resembling liver spots, making me seem older than my actual age. A full kit probably isn't something I'd go for. Possibly a single bottle come springtime at a really low dose. For the libido side of things, Tadalafil does the job well enough.
The subject she's discussing is MT1, whereas the one you're bringing up is MT2.
MT1's strength is somewhat reduced. The risks and side effects remain identical, only at a lesser degree.



5de0f094cc5803421deef706cbafd30345d9bd0d598c530c208e9ae21a8f6fde.png




Melanotan 1 vs 2: Safety vs Potency (2026) | The Peptide Catalog



MT-1 has been studied by the FDA; MT-2 produces a tan more quickly, yet comes with a greater burden of side effects. A complete breakdown covering tanning, sexual effects, and safety.

b100d1f8d9a64d913923b2e5a576bd3ca07ffed2c7c5d2d38f95a36779e02c94.png



thepeptidecatalog.com



2db6f1be7a4bfb51b4e813bb0abd66b11d05d1a81c63845b455c1377093606c5.jpg




The Truth About Melanotan: Tanning Peptide or More?



Wondering about Melanotan? Find out how this peptide functions for tanning, metabolism, libido, and beyond. See how Melanotan I & II differ, along with dosing advice, advantages, and safety factors.

06bcc38cbc637e5e7eb3db8eae77f32332cc5dcaaf18234d92cbe048eca91bfe.png



www.revitalyzemd.com

Common Side Effects:

  • Nausea (dose-dependent)
  • Facial flushing
  • Increased libido
  • Long-term pigmentation changes
  • Darkening of moles or freckles (monitor with provider)
⚠️ Contraindications: Not for individuals with a history of melanoma or skin cancer.



dbf6a84eebed753c0966125e9e1ff5e85f99e6ce521e57622a7e1827c6baa9f3.jpg




Melanotan 1: Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects



Dig into the scientific research on the Melanotan 1 peptide and discover its advantages, suggested dosing, and possible adverse effects.

Image unavailable


jaycampbell.com

Yet, staying true to my trademark of complete and candid openness, I feel I should pass along what others have described:

Within the pages of Peptide Protocols (Vol. 1), Dr. William Seeds lays out a few highly particular situations in which Melanotan 1 ought not to be used:

  • Do not use if there is a personal or family history of melanoma or non-melanoma skin cancer
  • Melanocortins may increase blood pressure. Use with caution if hypertension is present
  • It is NOT recommended to use a melanocortin agonist concurrently with a PDE5 inhibitor in men due to risk of priapism
As far as I'm concerned, if I weren't already stacking other peptides that carry their own side effects, I'd give a single vial a shot at a very low dose. For instance, Cagri and Reta are already capable of bringing on the occasional nausea. I already have tadalafil for the.... So, I wouldn't want to stack side effects.

Most of the legit peps have side effects that affect some more than others. I can't take Tesa at any dose without getting CPS in both hands.
 
Speaking only from my own experience, MT1 didn't bring on any nausea. Also, a beauty mark on my lip has clearly become darker, though its size hasn't changed.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Alright! Melanotan I, day 4

Direct sun exposure stayed under 30 minutes, though I spent plenty of time outdoors being active.

The 1st photo was taken right after the initial injection.

The 2nd photo shows how things look 4 days afterward.

A deep, dark tan isn't what I'm after — I prefer a sunkissed appearance — so this outcome has me really satisfied, and there was no burning at all.

My skin is olive, and I'm 62 years old.

Neither picture includes makeup...I rarely bother with it unless I'm getting dressed up for an occasion.

After more than 10 months using melanotan, I'm really enjoying it
b577394f0d7351258f7c0159df3d6102ffe4ded90ec3422c65ce9052c416b7ce.webp
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Alright! Melanotan I, day 4

Direct sun exposure stayed under 30 minutes, though I spent plenty of time outdoors being active.

The 1st photo was taken right after the initial injection.

The 2nd photo shows how things look 4 days afterward.

A deep, dark tan isn't what I'm after — I prefer a sunkissed appearance — so this outcome has me really satisfied, and there was no burning at all.

My skin is olive, and I'm 62 years old.

Neither picture includes makeup...I rarely bother with it unless I'm getting dressed up for an occasion.
That looks nice
 
CNCCurrency said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Alright! Melanotan I, day 4

Direct sun exposure stayed under 30 minutes, though I spent plenty of time outdoors being active.

The 1st photo was taken right after the initial injection.

The 2nd photo shows how things look 4 days afterward.

A deep, dark tan isn't what I'm after — I prefer a sunkissed appearance — so this outcome has me really satisfied, and there was no burning at all.

My skin is olive, and I'm 62 years old.

Neither picture includes makeup...I rarely bother with it unless I'm getting dressed up for an occasion.

After more than 10 months using melanotan, I'm really enjoying itView attachment 10200
Silly question, but does that pose any risk to your skin?
 
Sapphire0814 said:

CNCCurrency said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Alright! Melanotan I, day 4

Direct sun exposure stayed under 30 minutes, though I spent plenty of time outdoors being active.

The 1st photo was taken right after the initial injection.

The 2nd photo shows how things look 4 days afterward.

A deep, dark tan isn't what I'm after — I prefer a sunkissed appearance — so this outcome has me really satisfied, and there was no burning at all.

My skin is olive, and I'm 62 years old.

Neither picture includes makeup...I rarely bother with it unless I'm getting dressed up for an occasion.

After more than 10 months using melanotan, I'm really enjoying itView attachment 10200
Silly question, but does that pose any risk to your skin?
Yes, it merely prompts melatonin release, the same way sunlight exposure would.
 
After digging through more NIH articles, it looks like it's closer to a 5050 split between the two. 1 leans in the direction of cancer, while the other leans toward diabetes. 1 acts as a vasoconstrictor, and the other works as a vasodialator.
 
Back
Top