Measuring 5mg of Powder: Am I Doing This Right?

camo304

Explorer
Joined
Jan 11, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Lancashire UK
I feel like I'm losing my mind here. I'm attempting to weigh out 5mg of SLU-PP on my scale. From what I understand, it ought to show 0.005, but once I actually place that quantity of powder into a vial, it seems like far too little powder?? I get that I'm judging this against a 5mg vial of BPC157.
 
A 5 mg amount of peptide would only fill a portion of your pinky nail, with filler making up the remainder. So how can you locate the peptide within that? What are you hoping to achieve with this?
 
I'm attempting to reconstitute 5mg using DMSO and bac water. Since I have 10 grams of powder, I need to prepare 5mg portions. In the past, when I purchased 5mg vials, the amount of powder in them was much greater than what I get when I weigh out 5mg myself.
 
Chili777 said:

A 5 mg amount of peptide would only fill a portion of your pinky nail, with filler making up the remainder. So how can you locate the peptide within that? What are you hoping to achieve with this?
Exactly!!? Good grief.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Chili777 said:

A 5 mg amount of peptide would only fill a portion of your pinky nail, with filler making up the remainder. So how can you locate the peptide within that? What are you hoping to achieve with this?
Exactly!!? Good grief.
I doubt peptides are something Jesus would use.
 
IshimaruKenta said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Chili777 said:

A 5 mg amount of peptide would only fill a portion of your pinky nail, with filler making up the remainder. So how can you locate the peptide within that? What are you hoping to achieve with this?
Exactly!!? Good grief.
I doubt peptides are something Jesus would use.
He alone managed to locate 5 mg inside a 3 ml vial!
 
camo304 said:

I'm attempting to reconstitute 5mg using DMSO and bac water. Since I have 10 grams of powder, I need to prepare 5mg portions. In the past, when I purchased 5mg vials, the amount of powder in them was much greater than what I get when I weigh out 5mg myself.
If you want any real precision, you have to reconstitute the whole vial first, then split it into fresh sterile vials. Otherwise, you are only estimating.
 
The peptide itself, inside that large puck, occupies barely any space. For 5mg of BPC, you're looking at a volume of 3-4 microliters — that's .3-.4 units on an insulin syringe, or .003-.004ml.

Getting an accurate weight of 5mg down to a couple of decimal places is quite difficult, unless you're ready to drop $2k+ on a scale.

Far more sensible to simply purchase additional BPC.
 
One idea could be to get a 5mg vial of slu, tip its contents onto the scales, and find out what the vials we purchase truly contain??.
 
camo304 said:

One idea could be to get a 5mg vial of slu, tip its contents onto the scales, and find out what the vials we purchase truly contain??.
What exactly are you referring to? If your goal is to view the entire filler, then that's correct.
 
camo304 said:

One idea could be to get a 5mg vial of slu, tip its contents onto the scales, and find out what the vials we purchase truly contain??.
What you'd be seeing is the total weight of everything inside the vial.

I don't mean to be harsh, but from what you've been saying, you're not ready to be handling peptides on a scale.
 
camo304 said:

I'm attempting to reconstitute 5mg using DMSO and bac water. Since I have 10 grams of powder, I need to prepare 5mg portions. In the past, when I purchased 5mg vials, the amount of powder in them was much greater than what I get when I weigh out 5mg myself.
From a practical standpoint, dividing bulk powder into repeated 5 mg doses will never yield accuracy.... on top of that, you have no way of knowing what portion of that mass is the active compound rather than salts or other components.

This is exactly why the entire amount is supposed to be reconstituted.

To achieve anything close to reproducibility, the only viable approach is to reconstitute a larger, known quantity first and then aliquot from the resulting solution — otherwise you are basically estimating with an extremely broad margin of error.

I share that view... I believe you might benefit from stepping back before trying to split anything.... Both practically and from a safety perspective, that line of thinking is misguided, and risking your health simply isn't worthwhile until your working knowledge is on firmer ground.
 
Back
Top