Me Against Gout

RetaRX

Explorer
Joined
May 15, 2026
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne
The scoreboard reads Gout 1087544, Me 0.

Roughly 7 years have passed since my first attack, and the pattern has only worsened over time. I’m 45, for context.

Attacks that once came one or two times per year now arrive every 6-8 weeks.

Colchicine gives me some help, but my stomach and kidneys pay a price for it. The drug normally needs 4-7 days before it starts to assist.

I’m not ready to start Allopurinol because of possible long-term liver and kidney damage. That is what has led me to this point.

My plan is to test every known peptide that could help with fighting gout attacks or preventing them. I’m not stacking yet; I want to see which peptide offers the most support by itself. If I eventually find one that works, I may stack them later, but for now, the testing begins.

What I’m currently using:

Reta: 1 mg on a 4-day interval

Tesa: 1mg Sunday through Thursday

First to try: KPV

Protocol duration: 8 weeks, starting when an attack first shows signs

Dosing frequency: daily AM

Week 1: 200mcg

Week 2: 300mcg

Week 3: 400mcg

Weeks 4-8: 500mcg

The flare began late at night on 20/06 in the big toe of my right foot.

Pep start: 21/06/2026

KPV + Colchicine

21/06/2026

No immediate shift in pain or inflammation.

22/06/2026

Clear drop in pain and inflammation.

23/06/2026

Pain and inflammation went down to nearly zero.

It might be coincidence, but an attack has never cleared for me in 2 days. I also saw that once KPV began, the irritation and bruising at the Tesamorelin injection site seemed to resolve much faster.

I’ll report back if there are significant updates.

PS. I’m also managing Plantar Fasciitis in that same foot, which has been present for 6 weeks now. I’ve noticed a significant pain reduction and more mobility. Again, this may be incidental.
 
RetaRX said:

The scoreboard reads Gout 1087544, Me 0.

Roughly 7 years have passed since my first attack, and the pattern has only worsened over time. I’m 45, for context.

Attacks that once came one or two times per year now arrive every 6-8 weeks.

Colchicine gives me some help, but my stomach and kidneys pay a price for it. The drug normally needs 4-7 days before it starts to assist.

I’m not ready to start Allopurinol because of possible long-term liver and kidney damage. That is what has led me to this point.

My plan is to test every known peptide that could help with fighting gout attacks or preventing them. I’m not stacking yet; I want to see which peptide offers the most support by itself. If I eventually find one that works, I may stack them later, but for now, the testing begins.

What I’m currently using:

Reta: 1 mg on a 4-day interval

Tesa: 1mg Sunday through Thursday

First to try: KPV

Protocol duration: 8 weeks, starting when an attack first shows signs

Dosing frequency: daily AM

Week 1: 200mcg

Week 2: 300mcg

Week 3: 400mcg

Weeks 4-8: 500mcg

The flare began late at night on 20/06 in the big toe of my right foot.

Pep start: 21/06/2026

KPV + Colchicine

21/06/2026

No immediate shift in pain or inflammation.

22/06/2026

Clear drop in pain and inflammation.

23/06/2026

Pain and inflammation went down to nearly zero.

It might be coincidence, but an attack has never cleared for me in 2 days. I also saw that once KPV began, the irritation and bruising at the Tesamorelin injection site seemed to resolve much faster.

I’ll report back if there are significant updates.

PS. I’m also managing Plantar Fasciitis in that same foot, which has been present for 6 weeks now. I’ve noticed a significant pain reduction and more mobility. Again, this may be incidental.
From what I've heard, glp1s and gout mitigation have been helpful for others.

Which could result in 1087544 : You 1.

🙂
 
Funnily enough, rapid weight loss is the most likely reason behind the current attack. 🤦‍♂️

As things stand I am calling this a draw, which oddly feels like a win.
 
KPV and GLPs are effective. Additional experiences and information can be found here:




Peps for Gout



My husband deals with gout flare-ups that are as bad as they get—completely crippling. He consults doctors...and does as much as he cab through dietary control, yet attacks still occur and leave him unable to function. For some time now we’ve been exploring peptides, but our use hasn’t gone past weight management...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com




Four letter word, Gout



To begin, I love Golden Colorado’s pride and food with a corn meal coating that has been through an oil baptism. Reta helped me get much of that under control. A number of years back, my doctor handed me a piece of paper that allowed me to obtain allopurinol (sp.?) and I regard it as a miracle drug. Jump ahead 3 years...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com

There are also other threads
 
RetaRX said:

The scoreboard reads Gout 1087544, Me 0.

Roughly 7 years have passed since my first attack, and the pattern has only worsened over time. I’m 45, for context.

Attacks that once came one or two times per year now arrive every 6-8 weeks.

Colchicine gives me some help, but my stomach and kidneys pay a price for it. The drug normally needs 4-7 days before it starts to assist.

I’m not ready to start Allopurinol because of possible long-term liver and kidney damage. That is what has led me to this point.

My plan is to test every known peptide that could help with fighting gout attacks or preventing them. I’m not stacking yet; I want to see which peptide offers the most support by itself. If I eventually find one that works, I may stack them later, but for now, the testing begins.

What I’m currently using:

Reta: 1 mg on a 4-day interval

Tesa: 1mg Sunday through Thursday

First to try: KPV

Protocol duration: 8 weeks, starting when an attack first shows signs

Dosing frequency: daily AM

Week 1: 200mcg

Week 2: 300mcg

Week 3: 400mcg

Weeks 4-8: 500mcg

The flare began late at night on 20/06 in the big toe of my right foot.

Pep start: 21/06/2026

KPV + Colchicine

21/06/2026

No immediate shift in pain or inflammation.

22/06/2026

Clear drop in pain and inflammation.

23/06/2026

Pain and inflammation went down to nearly zero.

It might be coincidence, but an attack has never cleared for me in 2 days. I also saw that once KPV began, the irritation and bruising at the Tesamorelin injection site seemed to resolve much faster.

I’ll report back if there are significant updates.

PS. I’m also managing Plantar Fasciitis in that same foot, which has been present for 6 weeks now. I’ve noticed a significant pain reduction and more mobility. Again, this may be incidental.

It might be worth revisiting what you know about Allopurinol. From what I understand, there is nothing suggesting it harms the liver or kidneys over the long term, except in uncommon instances where someone already has a preexisting condition. It is also considered quite safe provided a doctor monitors how you take it.

With that said, I have taken it for roughly 15 years, and for me it has been a blessing. Before that, I went through multiple attacks, and each one was worse than the one before. The final flare before I started Allopurinol was severe enough that even a bedsheet brushing against my foot felt like a blowtorch. Since I started Allopurinol, no further attacks have occurred.
 
RetCurious said:

RetaRX said:

The scoreboard reads Gout 1087544, Me 0.

Roughly 7 years have passed since my first attack, and the pattern has only worsened over time. I’m 45, for context.

Attacks that once came one or two times per year now arrive every 6-8 weeks.

Colchicine gives me some help, but my stomach and kidneys pay a price for it. The drug normally needs 4-7 days before it starts to assist.

I’m not ready to start Allopurinol because of possible long-term liver and kidney damage. That is what has led me to this point.

My plan is to test every known peptide that could help with fighting gout attacks or preventing them. I’m not stacking yet; I want to see which peptide offers the most support by itself. If I eventually find one that works, I may stack them later, but for now, the testing begins.

What I’m currently using:

Reta: 1 mg on a 4-day interval

Tesa: 1mg Sunday through Thursday

First to try: KPV

Protocol duration: 8 weeks, starting when an attack first shows signs

Dosing frequency: daily AM

Week 1: 200mcg

Week 2: 300mcg

Week 3: 400mcg

Weeks 4-8: 500mcg

The flare began late at night on 20/06 in the big toe of my right foot.

Pep start: 21/06/2026

KPV + Colchicine

21/06/2026

No immediate shift in pain or inflammation.

22/06/2026

Clear drop in pain and inflammation.

23/06/2026

Pain and inflammation went down to nearly zero.

It might be coincidence, but an attack has never cleared for me in 2 days. I also saw that once KPV began, the irritation and bruising at the Tesamorelin injection site seemed to resolve much faster.

I’ll report back if there are significant updates.

PS. I’m also managing Plantar Fasciitis in that same foot, which has been present for 6 weeks now. I’ve noticed a significant pain reduction and more mobility. Again, this may be incidental.

It might be worth revisiting what you know about Allopurinol. From what I understand, there is nothing suggesting it harms the liver or kidneys over the long term, except in uncommon instances where someone already has a preexisting condition. It is also considered quite safe provided a doctor monitors how you take it.

With that said, I have taken it for roughly 15 years, and for me it has been a blessing. Before that, I went through multiple attacks, and each one was worse than the one before. The final flare before I started Allopurinol was severe enough that even a bedsheet brushing against my foot felt like a blowtorch. Since I started Allopurinol, no further attacks have occurred.
I don’t mean to diminish allopurinol or what it does for those who take it.

Right now, I’d rather focus on discovering approaches that remove gout by improving what I eat, how I move, and lowering inflammation.

I’m documenting what happens as I try various methods on myself. That’s the whole point.
 
Chili777 said:

KPV and GLPs are effective. Additional experiences and information can be found here:




Peps for Gout



My husband deals with gout flare-ups that are as bad as they get—completely crippling. He consults doctors...and does as much as he cab through dietary control, yet attacks still occur and leave him unable to function. For some time now we’ve been exploring peptides, but our use hasn’t gone past weight management...

View attachment 140


GLP1Chat.com




Four letter word, Gout



To begin, I love Golden Colorado’s pride and food with a corn meal coating that has been through an oil baptism. Reta helped me get much of that under control. A number of years back, my doctor handed me a piece of paper that allowed me to obtain allopurinol (sp.?) and I regard it as a miracle drug. Jump ahead 3 years...

View attachment 140


GLP1Chat.com

There are also other threads
I appreciate you passing those along. I went through them prior to making my post. Since none offered long-term data about usage or results, I decided to serve as my own test subject and log what happens in a public way.

Maybe that helps somebody.
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 12
RetaRX said:

RetCurious said:

RetaRX said:

The scoreboard reads Gout 1087544, Me 0.

Roughly 7 years have passed since my first attack, and the pattern has only worsened over time. I’m 45, for context.

Attacks that once came one or two times per year now arrive every 6-8 weeks.

Colchicine gives me some help, but my stomach and kidneys pay a price for it. The drug normally needs 4-7 days before it starts to assist.

I’m not ready to start Allopurinol because of possible long-term liver and kidney damage. That is what has led me to this point.

My plan is to test every known peptide that could help with fighting gout attacks or preventing them. I’m not stacking yet; I want to see which peptide offers the most support by itself. If I eventually find one that works, I may stack them later, but for now, the testing begins.

What I’m currently using:

Reta: 1 mg on a 4-day interval

Tesa: 1mg Sunday through Thursday

First to try: KPV

Protocol duration: 8 weeks, starting when an attack first shows signs

Dosing frequency: daily AM

Week 1: 200mcg

Week 2: 300mcg

Week 3: 400mcg

Weeks 4-8: 500mcg

The flare began late at night on 20/06 in the big toe of my right foot.

Pep start: 21/06/2026

KPV + Colchicine

21/06/2026

No immediate shift in pain or inflammation.

22/06/2026

Clear drop in pain and inflammation.

23/06/2026

Pain and inflammation went down to nearly zero.

It might be coincidence, but an attack has never cleared for me in 2 days. I also saw that once KPV began, the irritation and bruising at the Tesamorelin injection site seemed to resolve much faster.

I’ll report back if there are significant updates.

PS. I’m also managing Plantar Fasciitis in that same foot, which has been present for 6 weeks now. I’ve noticed a significant pain reduction and more mobility. Again, this may be incidental.

It might be worth revisiting what you know about Allopurinol. From what I understand, there is nothing suggesting it harms the liver or kidneys over the long term, except in uncommon instances where someone already has a preexisting condition. It is also considered quite safe provided a doctor monitors how you take it.

With that said, I have taken it for roughly 15 years, and for me it has been a blessing. Before that, I went through multiple attacks, and each one was worse than the one before. The final flare before I started Allopurinol was severe enough that even a bedsheet brushing against my foot felt like a blowtorch. Since I started Allopurinol, no further attacks have occurred.
I don’t mean to diminish allopurinol or what it does for those who take it.

Right now, I’d rather focus on discovering approaches that remove gout by improving what I eat, how I move, and lowering inflammation.

I’m documenting what happens as I try various methods on myself. That’s the whole point.
Your words were:

RetaRX said:

The scoreboard reads Gout 1087544, Me 0.

Roughly 7 years have passed since my first attack, and the pattern has only worsened over time. I’m 45, for context.

Attacks that once came one or two times per year now arrive every 6-8 weeks.

Colchicine gives me some help, but my stomach and kidneys pay a price for it. The drug normally needs 4-7 days before it starts to assist.

I’m not ready to start Allopurinol because of possible long-term liver and kidney damage. That is what has led me to this point.

My plan is to test every known peptide that could help with fighting gout attacks or preventing them. I’m not stacking yet; I want to see which peptide offers the most support by itself. If I eventually find one that works, I may stack them later, but for now, the testing begins.

What I’m currently using:

Reta: 1 mg on a 4-day interval

Tesa: 1mg Sunday through Thursday

First to try: KPV

Protocol duration: 8 weeks, starting when an attack first shows signs

Dosing frequency: daily AM

Week 1: 200mcg

Week 2: 300mcg

Week 3: 400mcg

Weeks 4-8: 500mcg

The flare began late at night on 20/06 in the big toe of my right foot.

Pep start: 21/06/2026

KPV + Colchicine

21/06/2026

No immediate shift in pain or inflammation.

22/06/2026

Clear drop in pain and inflammation.

23/06/2026

Pain and inflammation went down to nearly zero.

It might be coincidence, but an attack has never cleared for me in 2 days. I also saw that once KPV began, the irritation and bruising at the Tesamorelin injection site seemed to resolve much faster.

I’ll report back if there are significant updates.

PS. I’m also managing Plantar Fasciitis in that same foot, which has been present for 6 weeks now. I’ve noticed a significant pain reduction and more mobility. Again, this may be incidental.
This read to me like inaccurate information that might prevent a person from obtaining needed help.

Should I have gotten the wrong impression, I am sorry.
 
RetaRX said:

Chili777 said:

KPV and GLPs are effective. Additional experiences and information can be found here:




Peps for Gout



My husband deals with gout flare-ups that are as bad as they get—completely crippling. He consults doctors...and does as much as he cab through dietary control, yet attacks still occur and leave him unable to function. For some time now we’ve been exploring peptides, but our use hasn’t gone past weight management...

View attachment 140


GLP1Chat.com




Four letter word, Gout



To begin, I love Golden Colorado’s pride and food with a corn meal coating that has been through an oil baptism. Reta helped me get much of that under control. A number of years back, my doctor handed me a piece of paper that allowed me to obtain allopurinol (sp.?) and I regard it as a miracle drug. Jump ahead 3 years...

View attachment 140


GLP1Chat.com

There are also other threads
I appreciate you passing those along. I went through them prior to making my post. Since none offered long-term data about usage or results, I decided to serve as my own test subject and log what happens in a public way.

Maybe that helps somebody.
Since beginning Reta, it's been more than 9 months and any flare I've gotten has been manageable with just a few ibuprofen.
 
RetCurious said:

RetaRX said:

RetCurious said:

RetaRX said:

The scoreboard reads Gout 1087544, Me 0.

Roughly 7 years have passed since my first attack, and the pattern has only worsened over time. I’m 45, for context.

Attacks that once came one or two times per year now arrive every 6-8 weeks.

Colchicine gives me some help, but my stomach and kidneys pay a price for it. The drug normally needs 4-7 days before it starts to assist.

I’m not ready to start Allopurinol because of possible long-term liver and kidney damage. That is what has led me to this point.

My plan is to test every known peptide that could help with fighting gout attacks or preventing them. I’m not stacking yet; I want to see which peptide offers the most support by itself. If I eventually find one that works, I may stack them later, but for now, the testing begins.

What I’m currently using:

Reta: 1 mg on a 4-day interval

Tesa: 1mg Sunday through Thursday

First to try: KPV

Protocol duration: 8 weeks, starting when an attack first shows signs

Dosing frequency: daily AM

Week 1: 200mcg

Week 2: 300mcg

Week 3: 400mcg

Weeks 4-8: 500mcg

The flare began late at night on 20/06 in the big toe of my right foot.

Pep start: 21/06/2026

KPV + Colchicine

21/06/2026

No immediate shift in pain or inflammation.

22/06/2026

Clear drop in pain and inflammation.

23/06/2026

Pain and inflammation went down to nearly zero.

It might be coincidence, but an attack has never cleared for me in 2 days. I also saw that once KPV began, the irritation and bruising at the Tesamorelin injection site seemed to resolve much faster.

I’ll report back if there are significant updates.

PS. I’m also managing Plantar Fasciitis in that same foot, which has been present for 6 weeks now. I’ve noticed a significant pain reduction and more mobility. Again, this may be incidental.

It might be worth revisiting what you know about Allopurinol. From what I understand, there is nothing suggesting it harms the liver or kidneys over the long term, except in uncommon instances where someone already has a preexisting condition. It is also considered quite safe provided a doctor monitors how you take it.

With that said, I have taken it for roughly 15 years, and for me it has been a blessing. Before that, I went through multiple attacks, and each one was worse than the one before. The final flare before I started Allopurinol was severe enough that even a bedsheet brushing against my foot felt like a blowtorch. Since I started Allopurinol, no further attacks have occurred.
I don’t mean to diminish allopurinol or what it does for those who take it.

Right now, I’d rather focus on discovering approaches that remove gout by improving what I eat, how I move, and lowering inflammation.

I’m documenting what happens as I try various methods on myself. That’s the whole point.
Your words were:

RetaRX said:

The scoreboard reads Gout 1087544, Me 0.

Roughly 7 years have passed since my first attack, and the pattern has only worsened over time. I’m 45, for context.

Attacks that once came one or two times per year now arrive every 6-8 weeks.

Colchicine gives me some help, but my stomach and kidneys pay a price for it. The drug normally needs 4-7 days before it starts to assist.

I’m not ready to start Allopurinol because of possible long-term liver and kidney damage. That is what has led me to this point.

My plan is to test every known peptide that could help with fighting gout attacks or preventing them. I’m not stacking yet; I want to see which peptide offers the most support by itself. If I eventually find one that works, I may stack them later, but for now, the testing begins.

What I’m currently using:

Reta: 1 mg on a 4-day interval

Tesa: 1mg Sunday through Thursday

First to try: KPV

Protocol duration: 8 weeks, starting when an attack first shows signs

Dosing frequency: daily AM

Week 1: 200mcg

Week 2: 300mcg

Week 3: 400mcg

Weeks 4-8: 500mcg

The flare began late at night on 20/06 in the big toe of my right foot.

Pep start: 21/06/2026

KPV + Colchicine

21/06/2026

No immediate shift in pain or inflammation.

22/06/2026

Clear drop in pain and inflammation.

23/06/2026

Pain and inflammation went down to nearly zero.

It might be coincidence, but an attack has never cleared for me in 2 days. I also saw that once KPV began, the irritation and bruising at the Tesamorelin injection site seemed to resolve much faster.

I’ll report back if there are significant updates.

PS. I’m also managing Plantar Fasciitis in that same foot, which has been present for 6 weeks now. I’ve noticed a significant pain reduction and more mobility. Again, this may be incidental.
This read to me like inaccurate information that might prevent a person from obtaining needed help.

Should I have gotten the wrong impression, I am sorry.
Allopurinol isn’t the culprit behind kidney trouble. After more than 15 years on it, my kidney function tests still came back perfect. That said, it barely helped me at all—Uloric was the medication that eventually worked.
 
@RetaRX, the harm gout causes throughout your body seems to be escaping you. What you feel during a flare represents only a small visible portion of the problem. Between flare-ups, those crystals continue to harm your body's systems and can ultimately leave you crippled. The crystals themselves inflict damage on the kidneys, the joints, and organs beyond those, and they do so silently. The flares, at least, serve as a warning that urate levels in your system are elevated.

For decades allopurinol has been in use, and the majority of people can take it safely. Among Asians, however, Allo can cause issues, so Febuxostat is generally the prescription given instead. Because allopurinol goes through both the liver and kidneys, certain patients become concerned about damage over time. The reality is that kidney function suffers much more from gout that is uncontrolled and from high uric acid. Usually your doctor orders blood work at intervals, checking that the dose is safe and that your organs are tolerating the medication properly.

Managing separate attacks is not the same thing as managing the disease itself. I ask you to think again and seek additional information.

In the past, attacks happened constantly for me. These days, after taking 200 mg of Allo every day for five years, my numbers are under 5 and I have gone years without an attack, no matter what I eat. And, with continued Allo and my use of GLP-1, the Chronic Kidney Disease I have is improving.
 
Also worth pointing out: newer studies indicate gout has a strong inherited component, and changing what you eat by itself won't be enough to keep it under control. For years I stayed away from foods high in purines, yet it barely changed anything for me.



fb3d3d5f4e72e684be6ef4efa889aebf41ca81f010bd4f0b95388b072f2d6b86.jpg




Massive Study Reveals Where Gout Comes From, And It's Not What We Thought



People frequently attribute gout to excessive alcohol or poor diet, but findings point to genes as a far more significant factor in this painful form of arthritis than was earlier believed.

ce0a968f66e1a2e072f22f4ecb6d4bf62b819baa170123b522b7605d4fb8b53e.png



www.sciencealert.com
 
As a person dealing with gout, the key is identifying what sets off your flares. Reta can help you shed pounds, but if your trigger foods stay in the picture, gout attacks will still happen. I'm pretty lean, yet a single trigger food was enough to bring on a flare.

One thing I'll mention, though there's no research backing it, so don't hold me to it. The gout was in my foot, and I injected my KLOW into the same leg on that side. Within roughly 2.5 days my gout had cleared up (along with 1 colchicine tablet), whereas my flares normally last 4-6 days.

Keep in mind I can't take allo because of an allergy, but simply by watching my triggers I get maybe 1 attack per year.
 
I’ll side with a few of the earlier replies here. Elevated uric acid in the blood creates 2 problems. Gout is one; the other is the harm that sustained high uric acid does across a range of organs over time. High uric acid stands alone as a cardiovascular disease risk factor, so if it goes untreated, your chance of a heart attack goes up. It also poses a renal disease risk, and joint damage—whether during an acute flare or between flares—is probably permanent and cannot be reversed.

Why you’re hesitant about allopurinol (or other drugs that lower uric acid) isn’t clear to me. The straightforward point is that these medications have demonstrated they can stop gout attacks and stop damage to other organs; no peptide has that same evidence. Even if we assume peptides do what is claimed—and that assumption is fairly questionable—the most they might do is dial down acute inflammation. They still wouldn’t address the chronic tissue damage caused by high uric acid.

Diet could possibly bring your levels down somewhat, but it probably won’t shift things enough to keep gout away or to stop the harm that high uric acid causes. Because you already have one additional cardiac risk factor, you should also get blood pressure, lipids, blood sugars, urine protein, etc. checked—and if those haven’t been done already, they should be.

For acute gout, colchicine is still used at times, but it began falling out of favor for that purpose more than 30 years ago. Fairly high-dose nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used more often and might bring relief faster, though you should seek a medical opinion.
 
For me, Febuxostat proved highly effective in bringing my uric acid down. My readings were extremely elevated, and I experienced some toe pain that I could tolerate, but it was nowhere near the intensity of the attacks you describe. At double the upper limit, my levels fell to half the threshold over an 8-month period. No adverse effects occurred, even though I had a cardiac electrical issue back then.

For a range of surprising effects, GLP-1 agonists seem quite miraculous. Upon starting Reta, I noticed feelings reminiscent of elevated uric acid, yet those faded. The bloodwork was done the prior month, so I still don't know whether my levels have shifted. It's possible Reta will assist later on; only time will reveal that.

At present, you're taking the maintenance dose for KPV, and you have the option to raise it to 2 x 500 μg each day. The one downside is that during an infection, it could conceal it or extend its duration (I suffer from chronic pityriasis that has lasted far longer than typical).
 
eidos said:

For me, Febuxostat proved highly effective in bringing my uric acid down. My readings were extremely elevated, and I experienced some toe pain that I could tolerate, but it was nowhere near the intensity of the attacks you describe. At double the upper limit, my levels fell to half the threshold over an 8-month period. No adverse effects occurred, even though I had a cardiac electrical issue back then.

For a range of surprising effects, GLP-1 agonists seem quite miraculous. Upon starting Reta, I noticed feelings reminiscent of elevated uric acid, yet those faded. The bloodwork was done the prior month, so I still don't know whether my levels have shifted. It's possible Reta will assist later on; only time will reveal that.

At present, you're taking the maintenance dose for KPV, and you have the option to raise it to 2 x 500 μg each day. The one downside is that during an infection, it could conceal it or extend its duration (I suffer from chronic pityriasis that has lasted far longer than typical).
When I began Reta, an identical experience unfolded for me. In the first couple weeks, I kept telling myself, "Here we go again." I worried that stopping might become necessary. But I had Prednisone on hand, so I chose to continue and monitor whether things would get worse. I was delighted when it simply went away after those two weeks. Since then, it has been smooth sailing.
 
What I appreciate most about GLP1Chat is this: we can gather knowledge that physicians and clinical trials have never documented. That makes it a valuable supplement to experimental approaches, working alongside them rather than replacing them.

It brings to mind reflexivity—a phenomenon sociology has long treated as troublesome: the subject or object being studied is capable of thinking about the research, comprehending it, and altering its conduct. That is a genuine issue, since people are not merely passive rodents in an enclosure.(/s)

Action research has solved this issue by bringing the people being studied into the process. I notice that happening in this space, and it feels quite remarkable.
 
Thanks to all of you for weighing in. I’m not out here suggesting anyone should avoid allo; I’m just spelling out the path I picked and the reasons behind it.

I could have phrased my point about long-term damage better. My claim wasn’t that using it for years brings about liver and kidney disease. Rather, my point was that long-term harm is possible. Is that uncommon? Yes.

I’ve come to accept that if nothing else works, I’ll begin Allo or its equivalent.

Until then, I’ll keep sharing updates as this journey moves along 😀✌️
 
Mochizuki0124 said:

As a person dealing with gout, the key is identifying what sets off your flares. Reta can help you shed pounds, but if your trigger foods stay in the picture, gout attacks will still happen. I'm pretty lean, yet a single trigger food was enough to bring on a flare.

One thing I'll mention, though there's no research backing it, so don't hold me to it. The gout was in my foot, and I injected my KLOW into the same leg on that side. Within roughly 2.5 days my gout had cleared up (along with 1 colchicine tablet), whereas my flares normally last 4-6 days.

Keep in mind I can't take allo because of an allergy, but simply by watching my triggers I get maybe 1 attack per year.

Gout isn’t a condition that simply goes away. Even if the attacks have been paused, the crystals from gout remain present, steadily wearing down joints and organs. It can be controlled, but it cannot be eliminated.

55bb00dfa53ca66d0dfec6417fadec20055a4c446f04eb0d759896c77e46a4ee.jpg



The 4 Stages of Gout Progression (and How to Stop Gout from Getting Worse)


Read more about the phases of gout, how it advances, and ways to keep it from becoming worse.

67cf1d695961c65d081eb1ba7a70f536aba88146c8607242fe1014d4baf0b585.jpg


creakyjoints.org
 
Back
Top