Making Rest Days Better

JohannesSweden77

Explorer
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Location
Sweden
Does anyone else feel down when a rest day comes around? Taking time off is crucial, yet it can be incredibly dull and leave me feeling low. Sure, I could do cardio—and occasionally I do—but that's nearly as tedious. I've got to find a way to make the 2 rest days each week less miserable. Any suggestions? Any mindset shifts?
 
I get it... Rest days are rough, yet you need them. Growth and recovery don't come from your workouts—they come on days like these.

I try to stay somewhat active on my rest days, so I still hit 10,000–12,000 steps and handle plenty of stuff I normally don't have time for in everyday life or while training.

A bit of cardio doesn't hurt either 🙂
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

Does anyone else feel down when a rest day comes around? Taking time off is crucial, yet it can be incredibly dull and leave me feeling low. Sure, I could do cardio—and occasionally I do—but that's nearly as tedious. I've got to find a way to make the 2 rest days each week less miserable. Any suggestions? Any mindset shifts?
Try a zone 2 session — a walk counts — so that circulation increases and your muscles, but above all your mind, stay engaged and your mood lifts.
 
Chores around the yard! Still, I picked up some hard lessons from trying to keep rest days as low as possible.

Eventually my tendons quit on me while I was running a 4 day cycle, and I had nothing left in the tank for anything else.

Day 1: Chest, triceps, side delts, abs, filler exercises, such as leg presses, back extension, good/bad girl machines.

Day 2: Upper back, biceps, 30 minutes of stationery bike.

Day 3: Side delts, rear delts, biceps, triceps, abs

Day 4: Rest

Worked out a different combo of chest/back/triceps/back and put a rest day in between.

now it's a six day cycle.

Day 1: Chest, biceps, abs, filler exercises, such as leg presses, back extension, good/bad machine.

Rest day

Day 2: Upper back, triceps, side delts, stationery bike

Rest day

Day 3: Side delts, rear delts, biceps, triceps, abs

Rest day
 
LastHopeBay said:

spanky2026 said:

Pick up a book! It's simple to spend an entire day lost in one.
I suppose nearly everyone here is either retired or doesn't need to work! 🙂
So you're saying only people who've retired or don't have a job can read? 😆
 
Back
Top