Make Sure You Get Your Protein!

chmuse said:

miameow said:

chmuse said:

Skidude said:

chmuse said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

A 2-week supply of protein! Keep in mind, reaching your protein target is impossible if you don't purchase enough protein!
Fiber. Come at me.
both..

Quinoa is a nutritious seed that delivers plenty of protein, fiber, and key minerals. A single cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa contains 222 calories, 8 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of dietary fiber
Beans have become pretty much my whole diet at this point 😩

Pizza beans served over garlic bread are amazing
Beans are absolutely my thing — you're hitting exactly what I enjoy. Beans on toast gets me every time, though while I was travelling I came across a dish called lobio, and it's the richest bean stew I've ever had. If you're looking for new bean ideas, it's well worth a try.
I follow a strict high fiber diet, and honestly I'm doing terribly with it. 😭 How can I manage both high fiber and high protein at the same time? And still work around my allergies?

24ae87cc057eb67817e37c6aceb3f5853e61f591027f2fa9cc34142b4432e2a7.webp


Give this a shot, my friend


I am a food scientist specializing in gut health and fibers. AMA.


Basically what the title says. I earned my PhD in novel food innovation, and for the past few years I've been developing new dietary, prebiotic fibers aimed at supporting diverse gut health. It's Thursday night, I'm bored. Ask me pretty much anything. Mods, if this isn't allowed, please remove it. Apologies ahead of time. NOTE: I...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png


GLP1Chat.com
 
This barley and lentil pouch that goes in the microwave gives you both extra fiber and extra protein. It's one of my favorites, and I use it in pasta, soups, stir fry, salads, and wraps:

365 by Whole Foods Market, Barley & Green Lentils, Ready-to-Heat, 8.8 Ounce

90f19fab26a68f3455cae6d806074bfe6f8510aa8b32a1ebd7c04aa8a5b352da.webp


Beans, naturally, are another solid pick when you want fiber and protein together.

Bran flake cereal is something else I enjoy. Fiber content varies between brands; one option delivers 12 g of fiber alongside 10 g of protein (that protein figure assumes skim milk). Green bananas work in cereal too, haha. Since that AMA, I've been including more greenish bananas in what I eat.



Then there's oatmeal made with whey protein isolate for a high-protein version. The taste is roughly the same. Just like cereal, you can clearly toss in fruit, chia seeds, and so on.
 
bamagirl26 said:

Rabbittaco said:

Blend 3 scoops of powder with frozen fruit and greek yogurt, then add water or milk to loosen the consistency — that comes to 100 grams in 1 smoothie.
I really should follow that advice, since reaching my daily protein target is something I struggle with constantly.
On certain days, getting food down is a struggle; on others, it's no problem. Still, if your first post-gym meal packs 100 grams all at once, you wipe out a huge chunk of your target in that single sitting.

And when 6-10 hours have passed, forcing down another one if you need it is less of a battle than attempting to spread 100 grams of protein across the day anyway.
 
Calm Logic said:

This barley and lentil pouch that goes in the microwave gives you both extra fiber and extra protein. It's one of my favorites, and I use it in pasta, soups, stir fry, salads, and wraps:

365 by Whole Foods Market, Barley & Green Lentils, Ready-to-Heat, 8.8 Ounce

View attachment 10510

Beans, naturally, are another solid pick when you want fiber and protein together.

Bran flake cereal is something else I enjoy. Fiber content varies between brands; one option delivers 12 g of fiber alongside 10 g of protein (that protein figure assumes skim milk). Green bananas work in cereal too, haha. Since that AMA, I've been including more greenish bananas in what I eat.



Then there's oatmeal made with whey protein isolate for a high-protein version. The taste is roughly the same. Just like cereal, you can clearly toss in fruit, chia seeds, and so on.
picked some up.. haha

beef barley soup is a favorite of mine... plus lentils are a nice extra
 
Skidude said:

chmuse said:

miameow said:

chmuse said:

Skidude said:

chmuse said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

A 2-week supply of protein! Keep in mind, reaching your protein target is impossible if you don't purchase enough protein!
Fiber. Come at me.
both..

Quinoa is a nutritious seed that delivers plenty of protein, fiber, and key minerals. A single cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa contains 222 calories, 8 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of dietary fiber
Beans have become pretty much my whole diet at this point 😩

Pizza beans served over garlic bread are amazing
Beans are absolutely my thing — you're hitting exactly what I enjoy. Beans on toast gets me every time, though while I was travelling I came across a dish called lobio, and it's the richest bean stew I've ever had. If you're looking for new bean ideas, it's well worth a try.
I follow a strict high fiber diet, and honestly I'm doing terribly with it. 😭 How can I manage both high fiber and high protein at the same time? And still work around my allergies?

View attachment 10508

Give this a shot, my friend


I am a food scientist specializing in gut health and fibers. AMA.


Basically what the title says. I earned my PhD in novel food innovation, and for the past few years I've been developing new dietary, prebiotic fibers aimed at supporting diverse gut health. It's Thursday night, I'm bored. Ask me pretty much anything. Mods, if this isn't allowed, please remove it. Apologies ahead of time. NOTE: I...

View attachment 10509

GLP1Chat.com
He's shown up online, though no posts from him that I've noticed.

Skidude said:

Calm Logic said:

This barley and lentil pouch that goes in the microwave gives you both extra fiber and extra protein. It's one of my favorites, and I use it in pasta, soups, stir fry, salads, and wraps:

365 by Whole Foods Market, Barley & Green Lentils, Ready-to-Heat, 8.8 Ounce

View attachment 10510

Beans, naturally, are another solid pick when you want fiber and protein together.

Bran flake cereal is something else I enjoy. Fiber content varies between brands; one option delivers 12 g of fiber alongside 10 g of protein (that protein figure assumes skim milk). Green bananas work in cereal too, haha. Since that AMA, I've been including more greenish bananas in what I eat.



Then there's oatmeal made with whey protein isolate for a high-protein version. The taste is roughly the same. Just like cereal, you can clearly toss in fruit, chia seeds, and so on.
picked some up.. haha

beef barley soup is a favorite of mine... plus lentils are a nice extra
Each Christmas, when we have the rib roast, we hold onto the rib bones—typically 10-12 of them—and later use them for beef and barley. Delicious.
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 4
Calm Logic said:

This barley and lentil pouch that goes in the microwave gives you both extra fiber and extra protein. It's one of my favorites, and I use it in pasta, soups, stir fry, salads, and wraps:

365 by Whole Foods Market, Barley & Green Lentils, Ready-to-Heat, 8.8 Ounce

View attachment 10510

Beans, naturally, are another solid pick when you want fiber and protein together.

Bran flake cereal is something else I enjoy. Fiber content varies between brands; one option delivers 12 g of fiber alongside 10 g of protein (that protein figure assumes skim milk). Green bananas work in cereal too, haha. Since that AMA, I've been including more greenish bananas in what I eat.



Then there's oatmeal made with whey protein isolate for a high-protein version. The taste is roughly the same. Just like cereal, you can clearly toss in fruit, chia seeds, and so on.
I’ve already cooked up my beef with barley!

Thanks for the tip @Calm Logic

de91aa2fb77f22c5b1b3cfa4c4c1763f5b6f2b2955af001786e179b56c30d4a5.webp
 
Back
Top