Maintenance dose survey: who's doing it and what's your experience?

desinr-gal

Explorer
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
Location
Honolulu
Hi everyone, I started this journey in May 2025 and I've dropped roughly 24%. Right now I'm looking into stacking Tirz and Reta, each around +/- 3mg.

At this point I'm unsure what my ideal goal weight is, but I'm getting close to it.

I've been pondering what comes next. I realize GLPs offer a lot of benefits and I plan to keep using them.. should I stick with one or both?

What did you pick and why? What dose are you on?

For the best outcome, how long should the taper last?

Please share your experiences, 🙏 Thanks in advance

(Yes I watched that guys video..no need to reshare)
 
My situation is not typical at all — the 90+% of weight loss happened before I ever began GLP's, and now I use them purely for maintenance. Right now that means 15mg tirzepatide along with 4.5mg retatrutide; pushing either one higher brings on skin sensory side effects that become unpleasant. I have just introduced 0.25mg cagrilintide as well. The goal is to hold onto a 54% weight loss.
 
lessthanhalf said:

My situation is not typical at all — the 90+% of weight loss happened before I ever began GLP's, and now I use them purely for maintenance. Right now that means 15mg tirzepatide along with 4.5mg retatrutide; pushing either one higher brings on skin sensory side effects that become unpleasant. I have just introduced 0.25mg cagrilintide as well. The goal is to hold onto a 54% weight loss.
Nice job on the weight loss! That's impressive!
 
lessthanhalf said:

My situation is not typical at all — the 90+% of weight loss happened before I ever began GLP's, and now I use them purely for maintenance. Right now that means 15mg tirzepatide along with 4.5mg retatrutide; pushing either one higher brings on skin sensory side effects that become unpleasant. I have just introduced 0.25mg cagrilintide as well. The goal is to hold onto a 54% weight loss.
For maintenance alone, that strikes me as quite a high amount.
 
Down 90 pounds (275 to 185) on 15 mg tirz across 13 months, then the scale stopped moving. GW is 165. I introduced 5 mg reta at the midpoint of the tirz week, and fat loss started again. Right now I’m at 174. My dr suggested lowering the tirz. My plan is to taper the tirz down while increasing the reta to a middle-range dose, guided by feelz.
 
I've hit my goal, and for upkeep I take .8 mg survo alongside 5mg trz each week. There's a chance I'll dial the trz down slightly, since it looks like a lb came off without me trying this week. Then again, with Chinese New Year here, I might just have a night of overindulgence instead!
 
lessthanhalf said:

My situation is not typical at all — the 90+% of weight loss happened before I ever began GLP's, and now I use them purely for maintenance. Right now that means 15mg tirzepatide along with 4.5mg retatrutide; pushing either one higher brings on skin sensory side effects that become unpleasant. I have just introduced 0.25mg cagrilintide as well. The goal is to hold onto a 54% weight loss.
For maintenance alone, that strikes me as quite a high amount.
If you're no longer dropping weight at a given dose, there's essentially no data suggesting a maintenance dose ought to differ from the dose that got you there — that's what every study demonstrates. Once people shed whatever percentage on the drug, the weight curve on those graphs flattens out and stays flat for extended stretches at the same dose. The stories that circulate here about reaching goal weights without stalling midway don't match the trial data, in part because trial groups are heavily screened and highly motivated, and in part because people add on other compounds.

Before glp's existed, the odds of someone taking off that much weight and holding it off over the long haul were minuscule — a few percent at most, absent surgery. And as for long-term effects of these drugs, there simply hasn't been enough elapsed time for much research to exist. That lines up with my own history: I could reach a normal BMI, but I could never remain there for long, ever since I turned obese suddenly at age 7.

Once I'd dropped the bulk of it, my weight held steady for roughly a year, though it was a struggle. Even while walking 3 to 11km daily and taking in 1600 to 1800 kcal daily, I felt hungry more or less constantly — and that was while following a diet I'd built myself specifically to blunt hunger: low calorific density, high protein, low glycaemic index, low fat, essentially lean meat, fruit and vegetables.

Semaglutide came next; it made me nauseous but dulled the hunger somewhat, and eventually I found cheap Chinese peptides, which widened my choices. The doses I'm on now are simply what I've arrived at gradually through trial and error, in the hope of making it possible to stay within the normal BMI range — so even with tirzepatide plus a little reta plus a new experiment using low dose cagrilintide, I still hold to a diet of total, absolute avoidance of anything high in calorific density or highly rewarding, and all of that is needed to keep the weight off. Should I ever reach a point where I'm still losing, even slowly, and would rather not lose more — which I doubt is very likely — then cutting doses or streamlining the medications would make sense.

Leaning on willpower to hold weight off long term while extreme hunger is present will essentially always fail. And in people with severe obesity, the appetite-regulating system is broken — that's why they have severe obesity — and it may not be repairable without ongoing treatment.

For most people, particularly those with more severe obesity, the core issue is that these medications still aren't good enough.
 
Could you share your age, height, and weight? We have no idea where you stand.

As for me: male, 60 years old, 6'0", 172lb. These days I treat 2mg of reta per week as my maintenance amount. Compared with tirz, there's a bit more food noise, but that doesn't bother me since I'm not aiming to shed pounds. It still helps hold cravings in check, so what I eat tends to be healthy. At last I'm adding muscle without adding fat. Once my body fat reaches the target, I may lower the dose.
 
64 years old, 6'0", 172lb. My lifetime target is 175lb, give or take 5lb. I've committed firmly to staying inside that range. Right now I'm tapering my weekly Tirz dose from 15 down to 12.5 while I keep an eye on the scale. Should I fall under 170, I'll reduce the dose faster; if I creep toward 180, I'll hold steady or bump it up. Being free of doctors and insurance when making my own healthcare decisions is a big plus. My hope is that lasting habit changes will let the dose come down without losing the benefits.
 
desinr-gal said:

Hi everyone, I started this journey in May 2025 and I've dropped roughly 24%. Right now I'm looking into stacking Tirz and Reta, each around +/- 3mg.

At this point I'm unsure what my ideal goal weight is, but I'm getting close to it.

I've been pondering what comes next. I realize GLPs offer a lot of benefits and I plan to keep using them.. should I stick with one or both?

What did you pick and why? What dose are you on?

For the best outcome, how long should the taper last?

Please share your experiences, 🙏 Thanks in advance

(Yes I watched that guys video..no need to reshare)

Prior to becoming a member here, I was quite active in other sub reddits tied to this subject, and I give those communities credit for helping me achieve my initial breakthrough in locating compounding suppliers for this research. Good material used to be plentiful in those places, yet it appears to have been wiped out entirely. People talked about maintenance back then — certain individuals cut their doses way down, whereas others stayed at the same amount.

Since those threads are no longer accessible to me, I figured I would ask the more seasoned folks in this group to share what they collectively know.

Right now I am at roughly 144lbs and 5'6, and my focus is on recomping. In the past, 130-135lbs felt fine for me, though my muscle mass was average to low. My aim is to add muscle and get stronger, so I am not sure what a realistic weight target looks like in that situation. Nor do I know how low I should go, given that putting on some weight may be unavoidable.

Thank you
 
Reta maintenance started for me in 5/25. At first I was running a Cagri stack while maintaining on Reta, but I cut the Cagri in 11/25 because I had unintentionally dropped 15lbs beyond my target weight. I'm still taking 3mg once per week. Weight is holding steady.
 
I expect to reach that point around March. Once I do, my plan is to stop the survo and stay on tirz at 8mg. Should things get difficult, I'll bump the tirz up slightly; keeping survo in my routine long term isn't something I want.
 
I've reached my weight target, so I'm getting ready to taper down toward maintenance to support a clean bulk. At the moment I take 7mg weekly, divided as 2mg on alternating days. My aim is to work back to roughly 2mg per week.
 
61 years old, began glp in 8/2023 at 192 lbs, having come down from a high weight of 250; the loss was slow, though I didn't mind. Hit my target of 155 lbs in March/April 2025 of last year. I gave micro-dosing a try, but it wasn't effective in my case. I've managed to stretch the gap between doses to 13 days.
 
rustle said:

61 years old, began glp in 8/2023 at 192 lbs, having come down from a high weight of 250; the loss was slow, though I didn't mind. Hit my target of 155 lbs in March/April 2025 of last year. I gave micro-dosing a try, but it wasn't effective in my case. I've managed to stretch the gap between doses to 13 days.
What peptide are you using right now, and at what dosage, if you're comfortable telling us?
 
I've been at what amounts to a maintenance level of tirzepatide — 5mg — for more than a year now. Early on, that amount gave me roughly a pound of loss each week, but at this point it holds me steady, since I'm fairly near my target weight and spending the final 10 pounds on recomposition (to whatever extent that's actually achievable). So there was no real step-down or deliberate shift to a maintenance plan; it simply became one as my body adjusted to the drug.

Actually, food noise has started creeping back in for me, so I'm thinking about moving up to 6mg just to keep the maintenance effect going, if that tracks.

On picking which medication(s) to use, I'd be hesitant to move away from something that's already proven itself for me. Since tirzepatide is what took the weight off, tirzepatide would be my first choice for keeping it off.
 
ForrestRun said:

I've been at what amounts to a maintenance level of tirzepatide — 5mg — for more than a year now. Early on, that amount gave me roughly a pound of loss each week, but at this point it holds me steady, since I'm fairly near my target weight and spending the final 10 pounds on recomposition (to whatever extent that's actually achievable). So there was no real step-down or deliberate shift to a maintenance plan; it simply became one as my body adjusted to the drug.

Actually, food noise has started creeping back in for me, so I'm thinking about moving up to 6mg just to keep the maintenance effect going, if that tracks.

On picking which medication(s) to use, I'd be hesitant to move away from something that's already proven itself for me. Since tirzepatide is what took the weight off, tirzepatide would be my first choice for keeping it off.
Same situation here. My current routine is 5mg of tirzepatide spaced 7 days apart, aiming to hold steady. Lately, though, I've been leaning toward keeping that amount but moving the interval down to 5 or 6 days rather than 7. The annoying food noise and cravings are really pulling my attention!
 
Enyola said:

rustle said:

61 years old, began glp in 8/2023 at 192 lbs, having come down from a high weight of 250; the loss was slow, though I didn't mind. Hit my target of 155 lbs in March/April 2025 of last year. I gave micro-dosing a try, but it wasn't effective in my case. I've managed to stretch the gap between doses to 13 days.
What peptide are you using right now, and at what dosage, if you're comfortable telling us?
Tirz 12.5mg
 
Back
Top