octopusthorpe
Explorer
Week 9 of reta is underway for me, and I've dropped 23.8lb so far — which I genuinely did not expect.
Here's what I'm wondering: lots of people seem to be injecting 2mg to 10mg each week and getting comparable results, but has anyone matched that kind of progress while staying at 1mg/week or less? The phrase "hyper responder" gets tossed around a lot, though it always struck me as more myth than reality.
Being the spreadsheet type, I plotted my weight against bi-weekly reta dose (chart attached below).
My starting protocol was 0.5mg twice per week to keep side effects manageable, and things went so well that I never changed it through the end of March. Then I bumped it to 0.7mg for roughly 2 weeks — mostly curiosity rather than need — and I felt completely awful (exhaustion, gym numbers dropped, hiking stamina fell apart).
Injections happen Tuesday morning and Friday evening. After Friday's smaller 0.5mg shot, today I feel dramatically improved.
While on reta, my RHR barely budged (normally 46-48 BPM, now sitting around 49-50 BPM), sleep stayed fine (7-8 hours nightly, average sleep score 80), and HRV looks balanced. Honestly, given the stories I'd read, I expected something different. Not complaining though
A few details worth listing:
1) Female, 50 years old, 5'10.5"
2) Reta is my first-ever GLP
3) Back in 2016 I dropped 160lb through low-carb, high-protein eating (typically 1-1.2g per pound of lean mass)
4) Powerlifting has been part of my routine since 2017, plus long-distance hiking, so I entered this with a solid base of muscle and endurance
5) Perimenopause caused my weight to climb starting in late 2024, leaving me roughly 25-30lb above my 2016 low point
6) My eating remains fairly low carb (protein is higher on reta, around 175g/day), with easily digestible carbs used pre-workout
7) Strength training happens 4-5x weekly, moderate cardio on the indoor bike 3-4x weekly, and most Saturdays include a long-distance hike of 20-30 miles. Step counting isn't my thing — no "10k steps per day" routine — because mileage suits me better (with a 41" stride length and very long legs, tracking steps gets irritating)
8) For perimenopause I use estradiol - 0.0375 patch 2/weekly, and test-c 10mg weekly divided into 2 doses
One more thing: I'm grateful this forum is here. Ever looked at the reta subreddit? That place is a total dumpster fire of stupidity. Almost impressive, really.
Here's what I'm wondering: lots of people seem to be injecting 2mg to 10mg each week and getting comparable results, but has anyone matched that kind of progress while staying at 1mg/week or less? The phrase "hyper responder" gets tossed around a lot, though it always struck me as more myth than reality.
Being the spreadsheet type, I plotted my weight against bi-weekly reta dose (chart attached below).
My starting protocol was 0.5mg twice per week to keep side effects manageable, and things went so well that I never changed it through the end of March. Then I bumped it to 0.7mg for roughly 2 weeks — mostly curiosity rather than need — and I felt completely awful (exhaustion, gym numbers dropped, hiking stamina fell apart).
Injections happen Tuesday morning and Friday evening. After Friday's smaller 0.5mg shot, today I feel dramatically improved.
While on reta, my RHR barely budged (normally 46-48 BPM, now sitting around 49-50 BPM), sleep stayed fine (7-8 hours nightly, average sleep score 80), and HRV looks balanced. Honestly, given the stories I'd read, I expected something different. Not complaining though
A few details worth listing:
1) Female, 50 years old, 5'10.5"
2) Reta is my first-ever GLP
3) Back in 2016 I dropped 160lb through low-carb, high-protein eating (typically 1-1.2g per pound of lean mass)
4) Powerlifting has been part of my routine since 2017, plus long-distance hiking, so I entered this with a solid base of muscle and endurance
5) Perimenopause caused my weight to climb starting in late 2024, leaving me roughly 25-30lb above my 2016 low point
6) My eating remains fairly low carb (protein is higher on reta, around 175g/day), with easily digestible carbs used pre-workout
7) Strength training happens 4-5x weekly, moderate cardio on the indoor bike 3-4x weekly, and most Saturdays include a long-distance hike of 20-30 miles. Step counting isn't my thing — no "10k steps per day" routine — because mileage suits me better (with a 41" stride length and very long legs, tracking steps gets irritating)
8) For perimenopause I use estradiol - 0.0375 patch 2/weekly, and test-c 10mg weekly divided into 2 doses
One more thing: I'm grateful this forum is here. Ever looked at the reta subreddit? That place is a total dumpster fire of stupidity. Almost impressive, really.