Low blood pressure from tirzepatide or retatrutide

olehandro

Explorer
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Slovakia
Blood pressure reading of 100/50 while using tirzepatide and retatrutide.

Since beginning GLP, this has persisted for 6 months.

Anyone else experienced this adverse effect?
 
With plain Tirz, I do notice this somewhat, though my assumption was that it stems from substantial weight loss while my doctor still hasn't adjusted my BP medication downward sufficiently.
 
I stopped my hypertension meds roughly 12 months back, yet my pressure keeps falling. Typically I sit near 90/45. I train with weights and cardio 6 days per week, and right now I'm on tirzepatide 10mg plus retatrutide 2mg each week.
 
PatchyFog said:

With plain Tirz, I do notice this somewhat, though my assumption was that it stems from substantial weight loss while my doctor still hasn't adjusted my BP medication downward sufficiently.
When I began tirz, I was already taking 4 different blood pressure medications. From what you're describing, you should weigh your own choices too, because I wasn't willing to sit around waiting for my doctor to figure things out. I tapered off all of them by myself, monitored my BP 3-4 times daily, and tweaked things to stay within 110-120/60-70 as I lost weight. My doctor only had appointments with me every six months, and I filled her in at each visit. No meds at all for six months now, and things have stabilized at 105/70; occasionally, right after exercise, it reads 100/55. I also reintroduced salt, something I'd been instructed to stay away from for the past 30 years. (!)

Physician, heal thyself, as the saying goes.
 
olehandro said:

Blood pressure reading of 100/50 while using tirzepatide and retatrutide.

Since beginning GLP, this has persisted for 6 months.

Anyone else experienced this adverse effect?
In my opinion, this happens because of rapid, substantial weight loss. For about a year I experienced frequent dizziness. These days it has calmed down.
 
When I began at 145 kg, I had hypertension and was taking 1 medication. Losing weight made it clear my blood pressure was falling, because standing up would cause my vision to start going black. I measured bp and quit the medication after it dropped under 120/80. Following additional weight loss, it has remained near 105-110/60-65 across the last 2 years, with my weight now at 67-75 kg. Postural hypotension has not gone away, so I have to be a bit cautious whenever my sight begins to fade after I stand. Regarding blood pressure shifts tied to weight loss, the only genuine research I managed to locate said that lowered blood pressure and postural hypotension were extremely common following weight loss surgery and do not always improve. The main reason is that the blood vessels throughout your gut stop receiving back pressure from the fat / intra abdominal pressure.

Blood pressure goes down when you lose weight, and GLP medications lower it too.

With a BP like that, getting a medical checkup would be wise, but action would only be needed if problems appeared, such as dizzyness when standing or falling over because of it. If it is creating issues, there are options available; if not, then it is not harmful.
 
olehandro said:

Blood pressure reading of 100/50 while using tirzepatide and retatrutide.

Since beginning GLP, this has persisted for 6 months.

Anyone else experienced this adverse effect?
man, I'd love to deal with that problem!
 
During my initial 4 months, standing up required real caution since I would feel faint. For me, that issue has since gone away on its own.
 
olehandro said:

Blood pressure reading of 100/50 while using tirzepatide and retatrutide.

Since beginning GLP, this has persisted for 6 months.

Anyone else experienced this adverse effect?
I don't know whether this matches the situation you're describing. For roughly 10 wks I was taking a compounded Tirz as a microdose. It worked really well. The food noise went quiet. After that I moved to grey Tirz and gave .5mg a try on 2 occasions, but I couldn't really tell any difference. When I raised the dose to a full 1mg, 1 day afterward I both felt and observed my blood pressure rise into the hypertensive range (I also got headaches, though I can't say for certain they were 100% connected). As of now, 6 days have passed since that 1mg dose, and everything has settled down quite a bit. From what I've read, this happens fairly often and tends to be part of getting used to Tirz. I also suspect I'm extremely sensitive to Tirz, since even the microdose appeared to be effective for me.
 
lessthanhalf said:

When I began at 145 kg, I had hypertension and was taking 1 medication. Losing weight made it clear my blood pressure was falling, because standing up would cause my vision to start going black. I measured bp and quit the medication after it dropped under 120/80. Following additional weight loss, it has remained near 105-110/60-65 across the last 2 years, with my weight now at 67-75 kg. Postural hypotension has not gone away, so I have to be a bit cautious whenever my sight begins to fade after I stand. Regarding blood pressure shifts tied to weight loss, the only genuine research I managed to locate said that lowered blood pressure and postural hypotension were extremely common following weight loss surgery and do not always improve. The main reason is that the blood vessels throughout your gut stop receiving back pressure from the fat / intra abdominal pressure.

Blood pressure goes down when you lose weight, and GLP medications lower it too.

With a BP like that, getting a medical checkup would be wise, but action would only be needed if problems appeared, such as dizzyness when standing or falling over because of it. If it is creating issues, there are options available; if not, then it is not harmful.
“Postural” hypotension. That word paints a far clearer picture than the American term “orthostatic” hypotension. It also sounds far more rigorous than the phrase I used to rely on - “I passes out when I stands up too quick.”

From now on, “postural” is what I'll say.
 
Back
Top