Loose Vial Crimps?

Simple@7261

Explorer
Joined
Nov 11, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Huntsville/Alabama
I recently picked up 2 kits of a product from a vendor I hadn't used before. Every single vial from them has a crimp that opens in this manner. With my usual suppliers, the vial tops simply pop off and the crimp stays intact. So I want to know: how can I figure out which vendors use crimps like these, and is this generally acceptable to most people?





08998206d9726f10d5d9923df881f7bbe1e56a6161512d669312f80bd46f4692.webp
 
Yeah, that's not a problem. Some vendors ship them that way (I can't recall which ones), and I haven't seen any complaints.
 
Simple@7261 said:

I recently picked up 2 kits of a product from a vendor I hadn't used before. Every single vial from them has a crimp that opens in this manner. With my usual suppliers, the vial tops simply pop off and the crimp stays intact. So I want to know: how can I figure out which vendors use crimps like these, and is this generally acceptable to most people?





View attachment 11603
The design allows the top to serve as a cap you can put back on. You're meant to lift it from the side opposite the tab that holds it (typically an arrow marks where to pry), so the cap stays connected afterward.
 
CandyCap said:

Simple@7261 said:

I recently picked up 2 kits of a product from a vendor I hadn't used before. Every single vial from them has a crimp that opens in this manner. With my usual suppliers, the vial tops simply pop off and the crimp stays intact. So I want to know: how can I figure out which vendors use crimps like these, and is this generally acceptable to most people?





View attachment 11603
The design allows the top to serve as a cap you can put back on. You're meant to lift it from the side opposite the tab that holds it (typically an arrow marks where to pry), so the cap stays connected afterward.
Huh, I guess every day brings a new lesson.
 
CandyCap said:

Simple@7261 said:

I recently picked up 2 kits of a product from a vendor I hadn't used before. Every single vial from them has a crimp that opens in this manner. With my usual suppliers, the vial tops simply pop off and the crimp stays intact. So I want to know: how can I figure out which vendors use crimps like these, and is this generally acceptable to most people?





View attachment 11603
The design allows the top to serve as a cap you can put back on. You're meant to lift it from the side opposite the tab that holds it (typically an arrow marks where to pry), so the cap stays connected afterward.
Assuming that's the goal, I rarely see it applied in practice. In my case, it simply doesn't function.
 
Calm Logic said:

CandyCap said:

Simple@7261 said:

I recently picked up 2 kits of a product from a vendor I hadn't used before. Every single vial from them has a crimp that opens in this manner. With my usual suppliers, the vial tops simply pop off and the crimp stays intact. So I want to know: how can I figure out which vendors use crimps like these, and is this generally acceptable to most people?





View attachment 11603
The design allows the top to serve as a cap you can put back on. You're meant to lift it from the side opposite the tab that holds it (typically an arrow marks where to pry), so the cap stays connected afterward.
Assuming that's the goal, I rarely see it applied in practice. In my case, it simply doesn't function.
I feel the same way — the design leaves room for improvement. Since I'm moving to pens, reusing the vial tops isn't something I need to worry about.
 
The R60 kits I received from MKM have the same issue. I figured maybe the caps were made to come off without much effort so the contents could be reached for topical use or something similar.

For my part, I don't care for it, though I've figured out that rocking the cap back and forth until it snaps loose gets it off.
 
Back
Top