Looking for tips from my German, Czech, Austrian and Hungarian cousins.

Fostradamus

Explorer
Joined
Mar 13, 2026
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I'll soon be making a trip across Europe, and while I'm over there I want to stock up on a few things. More precisely, water for injections, since back where I live you can't get it without a prescription. Would anyone be able to point me toward the best spots to buy it in the countries I listed? I'd also like to know what the going rate is, whether it's a hassle to get, and so on. Thanks in advance.
 
ff0e259f51694d8855f78f3994b5dc06eda8d4fabea0128db24a6488c03fa5a4.gif
 
Use whichever search engine you prefer => bakteriostatisches wasser benzylalkohol

It can even be found on amazon.de.
 
BBA1969 said:

Use whichever search engine you prefer => bakteriostatisches wasser benzylalkohol

It can even be found on amazon.de.
Thanks for getting back to me. I noticed BraunB WFI listed on Amazon.de, and I'm considering having it shipped to my hotel during my stay in Germany. 👍
 
Fostradamus said:

BBA1969 said:

Use whichever search engine you prefer => bakteriostatisches wasser benzylalkohol

It can even be found on amazon.de.
Thanks for getting back to me. I noticed BraunB WFI listed on Amazon.de, and I'm considering having it shipped to my hotel during my stay in Germany. 👍
Enjoy the journey 😎
 
BBA1969 said:

Use whichever search engine you prefer => bakteriostatisches wasser benzylalkohol

It can even be found on amazon.de.
Avoid purchasing BAC via Amazon.

Far too unreliable. (I'll share evidence at a later point.)

You could make it yourself using genuine sterile water (such as Braun) plus benz. alc., or attempt to source authentic Hospira.
 
DrPEPr said:

BBA1969 said:

Use whichever search engine you prefer => bakteriostatisches wasser benzylalkohol

It can even be found on amazon.de.
Avoid purchasing BAC via Amazon.

Far too unreliable. (I'll share evidence at a later point.)

You could make it yourself using genuine sterile water (such as Braun) plus benz. alc., or attempt to source authentic Hospira.
What I want is Braun, not bac.
 
Fostradamus said:

DrPEPr said:

BBA1969 said:

Use whichever search engine you prefer => bakteriostatisches wasser benzylalkohol

It can even be found on amazon.de.
Avoid purchasing BAC via Amazon.

Far too unreliable. (I'll share evidence at a later point.)

You could make it yourself using genuine sterile water (such as Braun) plus benz. alc., or attempt to source authentic Hospira.
What I want is Braun, not bac.
I get that. My response was aimed at @BBA1969
 
DrPEPr said:

Fostradamus said:

DrPEPr said:

BBA1969 said:

Use whichever search engine you prefer => bakteriostatisches wasser benzylalkohol

It can even be found on amazon.de.
Avoid purchasing BAC via Amazon.

Far too unreliable. (I'll share evidence at a later point.)

You could make it yourself using genuine sterile water (such as Braun) plus benz. alc., or attempt to source authentic Hospira.
What I want is Braun, not bac.
I get that. My response was aimed at @BBA1969
Regarding benzyl alcohol, is there anything you can share? Are there particular details I ought to keep in mind? Or do you know of any places to source it?
 
Correct, however a food-grade version exists, since it is particularly pure - EU regulation: E1519. The next best thing...
 
BBA1969 said:

DrPEPr said:

Fostradamus said:

DrPEPr said:

BBA1969 said:

Use whichever search engine you prefer => bakteriostatisches wasser benzylalkohol

It can even be found on amazon.de.
Avoid purchasing BAC via Amazon.

Far too unreliable. (I'll share evidence at a later point.)

You could make it yourself using genuine sterile water (such as Braun) plus benz. alc., or attempt to source authentic Hospira.
What I want is Braun, not bac.
I get that. My response was aimed at @BBA1969
Regarding benzyl alcohol, is there anything you can share? Are there particular details I ought to keep in mind? Or do you know of any places to source it?
You can find it at any lab or chem store. For instance:

LeroChem

LaboratoriumDiscounter

A single 1 Liter bottle ought to be enough for your entire life.

Every bit of it is 99.9% pure @cheesecake
 
Back
Top