Looking for peptides that help with anxiety, stress, or related concerns?

derekd419

Explorer
Joined
Apr 10, 2026
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Mansfield, Ohio
I've done my research on Semax, obviously, but I've come across reports where people said it gave them jitters, a racing heart, sweating, and — of all things — anxiety. For me, any abrupt shift in heart rate immediately sets off anxiety, so I'm hesitant about trying Semax. My anxiety has been fairly well managed for close to 10 years now, with only about 5-6 serious episodes in that time, though before that period it was awful. Given how much peptides have helped me with weight loss, skin care, and natural energy, I'm wondering if anyone here has used a peptide (perhaps something other than Semax) that lowered their stress, anxiety, or even depression? I'd really like to hear about it.
 
Not a peptide, but phenibut is the only thing I've tried that's worked amazingly for me. That said, it's extremely risky: even 3-4 consecutive days of use can lead to dependence, and withdrawal is terrible and potentially deadly, much like benzodiazepines or severe alcohol dependence. Mixing it with alcohol is a bad idea. It can also leave you with a brutal hangover. If you're prone to addiction, avoid it completely.

In my opinion, its only genuine purpose is handling social anxiety—say, before a major event, a speech, or a networking situation where you need to engage confidently with people you don't know. It creates a deeply calm, pro-social sensation, like a social lubricant comparable to alcohol, yet without alcohol's downsides—especially the fine motor skill impairment that alcohol brings.
 
Give mindful meditation a shot—I'm completely serious. You only need a few minutes each day, or whenever the need arises, and nothing else packs the same punch or touches every part of your life so deeply. I'm no new age-y loon; quite the opposite, I'm a hardcore skeptic. I stumbled onto this purely out of self preservation, since acute anxiety was killing me while I was losing my shirt on wall st. It turned everything around, and it was easy to do.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7XBKhZJh4
 
For anxiety, Selank beats Semax. It definitely produced a calming effect in me.

PE-22-28 is still untested by me (it's in transit), though it's said to help with every condition you mentioned.
 
derekd419 said:

I've done my research on Semax, obviously, but I've come across reports where people said it gave them jitters, a racing heart, sweating, and — of all things — anxiety. For me, any abrupt shift in heart rate immediately sets off anxiety, so I'm hesitant about trying Semax. My anxiety has been fairly well managed for close to 10 years now, with only about 5-6 serious episodes in that time, though before that period it was awful. Given how much peptides have helped me with weight loss, skin care, and natural energy, I'm wondering if anyone here has used a peptide (perhaps something other than Semax) that lowered their stress, anxiety, or even depression? I'd really like to hear about it.
For anxiety, Selank is the one to go with. I've used it both SQ and IN. With SQ I noticed no effect at all, whereas IN worked. Right now I'm taking a combination of Selank and DSIP IN right before bed, and it relaxes me and has me asleep in no time.
 
Selank is worth a go. Reading around, it's not guaranteed to help everyone. That said, subq did a lot for me. I turned mine into a nasal spray as well.

500mcg is what I use, 4x a week.
 
kugelblitz said:

Not a peptide, but phenibut is the only thing I've tried that's worked amazingly for me. That said, it's extremely risky: even 3-4 consecutive days of use can lead to dependence, and withdrawal is terrible and potentially deadly, much like benzodiazepines or severe alcohol dependence. Mixing it with alcohol is a bad idea. It can also leave you with a brutal hangover. If you're prone to addiction, avoid it completely.

In my opinion, its only genuine purpose is handling social anxiety—say, before a major event, a speech, or a networking situation where you need to engage confidently with people you don't know. It creates a deeply calm, pro-social sensation, like a social lubricant comparable to alcohol, yet without alcohol's downsides—especially the fine motor skill impairment that alcohol brings.
OP - a beta-blocker might be worth looking into for you. It keeps your heart rate in check and stops it from spiking. Off-label, it's prescribed for anxiety constantly. Take public speakers, for instance - lots of them use it before going on stage. One more thing: yes, phenibut and short-acting benzos do switch anxiety off. But for anyone reading this, after 30 years of looking into it, I've never come across anything as brutal as withdrawing from a physical dependence on something like that. Opiate withdrawal isn't even in the same league. Picture panic where you feel like your life is ending. No sleep for 2-3 days, then a few hours, then the same thing over again, for at least 2 weeks. Be very careful in that territory.
 
Peps-Enthusiast said:

Give mindful meditation a shot—I'm completely serious. You only need a few minutes each day, or whenever the need arises, and nothing else packs the same punch or touches every part of your life so deeply. I'm no new age-y loon; quite the opposite, I'm a hardcore skeptic. I stumbled onto this purely out of self preservation, since acute anxiety was killing me while I was losing my shirt on wall st. It turned everything around, and it was easy to do.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7XBKhZJh4
I've been doing a comparable thing for a while now: tuning forks set to soothing frequencies repeat continuously, and I pair that with healing affirmations in my head. The law of attraction is something I firmly believe in as well!
 
Researcher.Rigby said:

For anxiety, Selank beats Semax. It definitely produced a calming effect in me.

PE-22-28 is still untested by me (it's in transit), though it's said to help with every condition you mentioned.
Yeah, I came across info saying Semax may trigger a panic attack, which sounds counterintuitive, so I'll steer clear of that one. Regarding Selank, it looks quite promising and I've come across some really positive testimonials. I'll likely give it a try. Since I'm placing an order anyway, I might as well test out PE-22-28 too. Thanks a lot!!
 
Gt3294a said:

kugelblitz said:

Not a peptide, but phenibut is the only thing I've tried that's worked amazingly for me. That said, it's extremely risky: even 3-4 consecutive days of use can lead to dependence, and withdrawal is terrible and potentially deadly, much like benzodiazepines or severe alcohol dependence. Mixing it with alcohol is a bad idea. It can also leave you with a brutal hangover. If you're prone to addiction, avoid it completely.

In my opinion, its only genuine purpose is handling social anxiety—say, before a major event, a speech, or a networking situation where you need to engage confidently with people you don't know. It creates a deeply calm, pro-social sensation, like a social lubricant comparable to alcohol, yet without alcohol's downsides—especially the fine motor skill impairment that alcohol brings.
OP - a beta-blocker might be worth looking into for you. It keeps your heart rate in check and stops it from spiking. Off-label, it's prescribed for anxiety constantly. Take public speakers, for instance - lots of them use it before going on stage. One more thing: yes, phenibut and short-acting benzos do switch anxiety off. But for anyone reading this, after 30 years of looking into it, I've never come across anything as brutal as withdrawing from a physical dependence on something like that. Opiate withdrawal isn't even in the same league. Picture panic where you feel like your life is ending. No sleep for 2-3 days, then a few hours, then the same thing over again, for at least 2 weeks. Be very careful in that territory.
Appreciate the tip and the details — I'll look into beta blockers. Back when I was a teenager, Paxil was what I took, and skipping it for more than a day left me feeling absolutely awful, so your point lands. This time, SSRI's are something I plan to steer clear of
 
Back
Top