Looking for Input on Adding Another Medication

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
 
PurpleSage said:

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Could you explain what "my rs" refers to? What person or thing does that stand for? Is it you, or are you talking about somebody else?
"research subject"...That abbreviation originated on reddit and spread elsewhere, used to inquire how compounds, regimens, or methods ought to be handled for the "research subject"—while in reality they're simply talking about themselves 😎 , Because these are 'research only chemicals', it stopped moderators from removing posts or discussions concerning personal use of Gray drugs...
 
Flash-BCR said:

PurpleSage said:

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Could you explain what "my rs" refers to? What person or thing does that stand for? Is it you, or are you talking about somebody else?
"research subject"...That abbreviation originated on reddit and spread elsewhere, used to inquire how compounds, regimens, or methods ought to be handled for the "research subject"—while in reality they're simply talking about themselves 😎 , Because these are 'research only chemicals', it stopped moderators from removing posts or discussions concerning personal use of Gray drugs...
Oh... I appreciate it!
 
miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
Honesty is exactly what you'll get here. You see it as judgment; I see it as facing reality. The reality is that there's an issue here that goes beyond medication failing to curb hunger adequately. Before adding more drugs, diet and training need to be examined. That's all I have to say.
 
lastresort said:

Arguing with each other serves no purpose now that OP has disappeared.
Honestly, if someone had just called me drug-dependent in front of everyone over a couple of lines, I wouldn’t bother replying either.
 
Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Where did that impression come from? At 53, I stay very active: pilates 2 times per week, gym sessions 2 times per week, and my work as a server involves walking 4-6 miles on 5 days each week. Why did you conclude I was depending on the drugs, or was that simply a guess?
 
casons1miracle said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Where did that impression come from? At 53, I stay very active: pilates 2 times per week, gym sessions 2 times per week, and my work as a server involves walking 4-6 miles on 5 days each week. Why did you conclude I was depending on the drugs, or was that simply a guess?
Maybe I was the one reading too much into it, so that could be my assumption. Since you barely touched on that side of things, it came across as though medication was the only route being looked at. That’s on me.

Even so, I’d still suggest really digging into your diet and hunting for foods that leave you satisfied for a longer stretch, even if you do bring in a second compound for appetite suppression.
 
casons1miracle said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Where did that impression come from? At 53, I stay very active: pilates 2 times per week, gym sessions 2 times per week, and my work as a server involves walking 4-6 miles on 5 days each week. Why did you conclude I was depending on the drugs, or was that simply a guess?
Check this out — my mother is a 62 yr old saleswoman who is on her feet the entire day, and even so she put on roughly 10 lb and developed hypercholesterolemia. I got involved, cleaned up her diet, and made sure she took in more fiber.

It's an unfortunate reality that metabolism simply declines with age. With that in mind, could you share precisely what your diet looks like?
 
miameow said:

lastresort said:

Arguing with each other serves no purpose now that OP has disappeared.
Honestly, if someone had just called me drug-dependent in front of everyone over a couple of lines, I wouldn’t bother replying either.
I just joined this community (though I'm definitely not a newbie when it comes to peps), and the replies I received really caught me off guard 😳 All I wanted was to hear from folks who had used one or both of them and what that was like for them. Instead, it felt like I was being seen as a fat, lazy, drug seeker 😂
 
Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.
At what point in my post did I state that I wasn't working out or following a healthy diet?
 
The OP wants guidance regarding the medication, not about what they eat or how much they move. They shouldn't be required to reveal the specifics of their diet. Not everyone follows an "exact diet," and that's fine. You can eat well without logging or scrutinizing every single thing you consume.

In my case, ADHD turned food and macro tracking into a miserable, unsustainable chore. Logging everything and trying to follow a strict diet actually amplified my food noise. Tirz has made my life better, and not only because of the food noise itself, but because I'm no longer tied down by all of that. I still work out and I mostly eat whole foods, but I feel like now I can truly enjoy some occasional fast food, or a day of complete rest, without the guilt, and that has been a key factor in improving my mental health and overall quality of life.

That said, I do agree that knowing OP's dose is necessary in this situation.
 
Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
Honesty is exactly what you'll get here. You see it as judgment; I see it as facing reality. The reality is that there's an issue here that goes beyond medication failing to curb hunger adequately. Before adding more drugs, diet and training need to be examined. That's all I have to say.
If that's true, then shouldn't every single one of us stop taking any glp-1 at all? The answer would simply be to improve our diets and move more. Are you personally following that approach?
 
casons1miracle said:

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
Honesty is exactly what you'll get here. You see it as judgment; I see it as facing reality. The reality is that there's an issue here that goes beyond medication failing to curb hunger adequately. Before adding more drugs, diet and training need to be examined. That's all I have to say.
If that's true, then shouldn't every single one of us stop taking any glp-1 at all? The answer would simply be to improve our diets and move more. Are you personally following that approach?
My diet is ridiculously clean, and every day I do 1 hour of cardio plus 21 heavy workout sets. I’m able to manage this without glp’s, but I don’t hold others to that same standard. I was already doing all of this before I started Reta, and I’ve only been on it for about 1 month.

What I’m getting at is that you should be willing to examine every angle to reach your goal. By the way, cravings for food get worse when your diet is poor. The best thing about this process is that we can continue to level up and improve.

To answer the question: yes, nobody should take these drugs without first making other changes. It’s a lifestyle.
 
If you want a real answer, you'll need to share your current weight, height, goal weight, your reta dose, and how long you've been taking it. The only things I can see are your age and that ozempic helped you drop 20 lbs. Without the rest, anything anyone says is just a shot in the dark.
 
Redz said:

casons1miracle said:

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
Honesty is exactly what you'll get here. You see it as judgment; I see it as facing reality. The reality is that there's an issue here that goes beyond medication failing to curb hunger adequately. Before adding more drugs, diet and training need to be examined. That's all I have to say.
If that's true, then shouldn't every single one of us stop taking any glp-1 at all? The answer would simply be to improve our diets and move more. Are you personally following that approach?
My diet is ridiculously clean, and every day I do 1 hour of cardio plus 21 heavy workout sets. I’m able to manage this without glp’s, but I don’t hold others to that same standard. I was already doing all of this before I started Reta, and I’ve only been on it for about 1 month.

What I’m getting at is that you should be willing to examine every angle to reach your goal. By the way, cravings for food get worse when your diet is poor. The best thing about this process is that we can continue to level up and improve.

To answer the question: yes, nobody should take these drugs without first making other changes. It’s a lifestyle.
Perhaps we should give the OP the spotlight in this discussion now...The questions that @lessthanhalf just shared seem pertinent and could steer this thread back in the right direction... 👍
 
cheaperseeker said:

The OP wants guidance regarding the medication, not about what they eat or how much they move. They shouldn't be required to reveal the specifics of their diet. Not everyone follows an "exact diet," and that's fine. You can eat well without logging or scrutinizing every single thing you consume.

In my case, ADHD turned food and macro tracking into a miserable, unsustainable chore. Logging everything and trying to follow a strict diet actually amplified my food noise. Tirz has made my life better, and not only because of the food noise itself, but because I'm no longer tied down by all of that. I still work out and I mostly eat whole foods, but I feel like now I can truly enjoy some occasional fast food, or a day of complete rest, without the guilt, and that has been a key factor in improving my mental health and overall quality of life.

That said, I do agree that knowing OP's dose is necessary in this situation.
That detail does carry weight, since he stated his weight is not going down,

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.

Retatrutide is a strong GLP medication, yet should OP consume a bit above his maintenance calories, or match them, weight loss will not happen.

OP, have you had your thyroid checked? An underactive thyroid is a possibility, and it can oddly lead to greater hunger.
 
Redz said:

casons1miracle said:

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
Honesty is exactly what you'll get here. You see it as judgment; I see it as facing reality. The reality is that there's an issue here that goes beyond medication failing to curb hunger adequately. Before adding more drugs, diet and training need to be examined. That's all I have to say.
If that's true, then shouldn't every single one of us stop taking any glp-1 at all? The answer would simply be to improve our diets and move more. Are you personally following that approach?
My diet is ridiculously clean, and every day I do 1 hour of cardio plus 21 heavy workout sets. I’m able to manage this without glp’s, but I don’t hold others to that same standard. I was already doing all of this before I started Reta, and I’ve only been on it for about 1 month.

What I’m getting at is that you should be willing to examine every angle to reach your goal. By the way, cravings for food get worse when your diet is poor. The best thing about this process is that we can continue to level up and improve.

To answer the question: yes, nobody should take these drugs without first making other changes. It’s a lifestyle.

Devilseye said:

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
As everyone else mentioned, post your dosing details. My suggestion would be to include a solid 15mg of tirz and stop using reta. When it comes to managing hunger, tirz simply outperforms, so I'd hold off on reta—either adding it or switching to it—unless you hit a plateau with tirz. Another reason I lean toward tirz as the starting point is that reta tends to be hard on the heart, lowering HRV and raising HR. Pairing tirz with sema ought to crush your appetite and get you past that plateau. Best of luck!
Thank you very much for sharing that. I completely overhauled my way of eating 18 months back, and I do get exercise in. For me, medication is and will remain the final option, and I honestly only posted here to find out what other people have tried and what worked best for them against the relentless hunger noise.

miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
What I truly want to understand is why this got labeled a drug dependent post. I left out diet and exercise because those are already handled on my end. Things go fine until night falls, when the awful hunger noise still hits me. That is it. Nothing more. That was my only question and my only reason for writing the post, since that was the single thing I wanted to know. What do you do to lose weight? Please don't answer glp1's, because that just means you need to work on your diet and exercise and you're drug dependent.
 
casons1miracle said:

Redz said:

casons1miracle said:

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
Honesty is exactly what you'll get here. You see it as judgment; I see it as facing reality. The reality is that there's an issue here that goes beyond medication failing to curb hunger adequately. Before adding more drugs, diet and training need to be examined. That's all I have to say.
If that's true, then shouldn't every single one of us stop taking any glp-1 at all? The answer would simply be to improve our diets and move more. Are you personally following that approach?
My diet is ridiculously clean, and every day I do 1 hour of cardio plus 21 heavy workout sets. I’m able to manage this without glp’s, but I don’t hold others to that same standard. I was already doing all of this before I started Reta, and I’ve only been on it for about 1 month.

What I’m getting at is that you should be willing to examine every angle to reach your goal. By the way, cravings for food get worse when your diet is poor. The best thing about this process is that we can continue to level up and improve.

To answer the question: yes, nobody should take these drugs without first making other changes. It’s a lifestyle.

Devilseye said:

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
As everyone else mentioned, post your dosing details. My suggestion would be to include a solid 15mg of tirz and stop using reta. When it comes to managing hunger, tirz simply outperforms, so I'd hold off on reta—either adding it or switching to it—unless you hit a plateau with tirz. Another reason I lean toward tirz as the starting point is that reta tends to be hard on the heart, lowering HRV and raising HR. Pairing tirz with sema ought to crush your appetite and get you past that plateau. Best of luck!
Thank you very much for sharing that. I completely overhauled my way of eating 18 months back, and I do get exercise in. For me, medication is and will remain the final option, and I honestly only posted here to find out what other people have tried and what worked best for them against the relentless hunger noise.

miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
What I truly want to understand is why this got labeled a drug dependent post. I left out diet and exercise because those are already handled on my end. Things go fine until night falls, when the awful hunger noise still hits me. That is it. Nothing more. That was my only question and my only reason for writing the post, since that was the single thing I wanted to know. What do you do to lose weight? Please don't answer glp1's, because that just means you need to work on your diet and exercise and you're drug dependent.
I want to be clear that the person who called you drug-dependent wasn’t me. That was a different member here, and their view is not one I share.

What you’re dealing with really resonates with me — I’ve found myself in a comparable situation before. At the moment I can’t give you the answers you’re after, even though I really wish I could. Wishing you a lot of support.
 
Back
Top