Looking for advice on stacking Tirz and Reta

Kalinser

Explorer
Joined
Nov 6, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Sakartvelo
Hey everyone

Starting weight was 150kg, and I'm currently at 104kg

I'm 185cm tall

The situation: I've been running retatrutide at 10mg

The issue: I live in a 3rd world country, so the cost is becoming a bit much for me, and on top of that the hunger suppression from Reta just isn't cutting it

On Reta I get no side effects, or practically none.

I'm considering bringing Tirz into the mix

what would you suggest?

I'm leaning toward

5mg reta plus 5mg tirz

because 5mg of reta should be sufficient for glucagon activation

what would you guys suggest? For the tirz, should I go with a higher dose or a lower one?

Thanks in advance
 
Everything hinges on whether your current doses are doing the job for you.

What's your history with reta — how long have you been running it? From the sound of it, your results have been solid up to now.

Swapping 5mg reta straight across for 5mg tirz is not something I'd do right away.

Since you already know how reta treats you, a gradual crossover with dose tweaks every few weeks could get you to a stack that delivers what you're after.

Another route: keep your reta dose as is and just layer in a small amount of tirz for extra hunger suppression.

Which way works is something only you can judge — there's no one-size-fits-all protocol.
 
Sounds like saving money and getting stronger appetite suppression are the 2 things you're after? Tirz costs less and handles those goals better. That said, I'd make the change gradually. For example, 9mg reta plus 1mg tirz for a few weeks, then 8mg reta plus 2mg tirz for a few weeks. At that piont, if appetite suppression is enough, 7mg reta plus 2mg tirz for a few weeks. Tapering down reta could go quicker than ramping up tirz. While you're reducing reta, don't just raise tirz on autopilot, only raise tirz if you need more appetite supression.
 
If 10 of reta isn't causing you any problems, my approach would likely be to take 2.5 tirz 4-5 days following reta, then on the day you'd usually take your reta shot, check in with how you feel and decide if staying at 10 makes sense or if dropping it by a mg or 2 is better, and continue adjusting upward and/or downward from that point
 
If your starting point was 150 kg and the scale now reads 104 kg, that is a tremendous accomplishment already.

A lot of folks in this space push their dose upward to the point where the body is no longer getting the nutrition it truly requires to function.

What tends to happen next is that the body goes into emergency mode and holds on tightly to whatever reserves remain. Considering how much weight you have already dropped, my suggestion would be to let your body rest for a while—using just a maintenance dose and eating slightly more, without putting the weight back on. Then, after 2–3 months, you could raise the dosage once more by adding 2 mg of Trizepatide to your maintenance dose every three days.

That said, I am not a doctor; I am only passing along what I have noticed myself after 50 years of dieting and yo-yo effects.
 
Great work!! Back in May I weighed 151kg, and lately I've been sitting around 135-137kg. Imagining myself under 120kg honestly seems like a fantasy, given that I've spent close to 30 years above 130kg...
 
peterpayne said:

Great work!! Back in May I weighed 151kg, and lately I've been sitting around 135-137kg. Imagining myself under 120kg honestly seems like a fantasy, given that I've spent close to 30 years above 130kg...
Dropping 15-16 kg over roughly 4 months is genuinely impressive. Sure, you might hit a plateau or two along the way, but 130 kg is within reach... which means that 30 year albatross will finally be behind you. Then it's on to 125. And after that, 120!! This is absolutely doable for you.
 
Back
Top