Looking for a push lol ( What dose of Reta are you on, and how fast are you dropping fat? )

Wacky said:

professorpeppy said:

Wacky said:

professorpeppy said:

First off, those results are awesome — congrats.

Second, take it easy, friend. I totally understand the urge; when I started I pushed too hard and ended up feeling awful. You brought up source, and I'm not sure whether you're gray or not, but there's a ton of info here to settle that if you decide to go that way. As for doing a week on, week off — I wouldn't keep that up, since reta is meant to be dosed weekly, honestly.

Things will shift — reta is magic. Maybe dial your expectations back just a bit; you called it insane results, but personally I'd already call 13kg in 3-4 weeks INSANE. That pace of loss carries a lot of risks, especially since you aren't starting from an extremely high weight. Going forward, slow and steady — one morning you'll put on those old high school jeans and have no idea how much you've actually dropped 😉
Honestly, my current weight is really high—at least by my own standards. I was around 95 kg back when I was 6ft-6ft1, but these days I'm 120 kg at 6'3. I'm carrying a lot of body fat (my guess is 40-50%, though I'm not sure if that's accurate). At the moment, yes, I'm going the grey route for a source. I'm not doing week on week off right now; the only reason that was happening before was that we hadn't locked in a source yet, and we were paying like 300%-400% extra for a single reta pen that got split among 3 people, so it was kinda yk. But now we've gone grey and each of us has our own kit. I mean, my source kinda aired me for a week after I sent payment, but I'ma just pray lol. Those 13 kilos are the first real weight loss I've had in a LONG time, so I think it's mostly water weight since I ate like a donut for months on end.
If it helps you feel any better, at 5'4 I was sitting around 110kg (at a push) 😆 and even that isn't all that much next to plenty of people on the forums and elsewhere online who've pushed into the 50kgs! I've got a set of scales that report my BF (likely not very accurate), so tracking that might be worth trying for you too.

Nice work avoiding the week on week off approach. Overpaying for sources and then finding out about gray is so irritating ahah I grieve the 1000s I burned with pharma and single vial rip off outfits in the UK. it is what it is !

Does your source come from here / is there a verifiable COA you can access ? this place is excellent for vetting vendors. if this one burns you, that sucks but just roll with the folks here. it has happened to the best of us

that first bit of weight coming off sets your expectations sky high, the same thing happened to me but as you drop more / that initial water weight it's gonna slow down. ride the wave my friend
sorry, sourcing talk is off limits here so i better not answer that lol
whoa i didn't even realize! feel free to keep posting lol
 
professorpeppy said:

Wacky said:

professorpeppy said:

Wacky said:

professorpeppy said:

First off, those results are awesome — congrats.

Second, take it easy, friend. I totally understand the urge; when I started I pushed too hard and ended up feeling awful. You brought up source, and I'm not sure whether you're gray or not, but there's a ton of info here to settle that if you decide to go that way. As for doing a week on, week off — I wouldn't keep that up, since reta is meant to be dosed weekly, honestly.

Things will shift — reta is magic. Maybe dial your expectations back just a bit; you called it insane results, but personally I'd already call 13kg in 3-4 weeks INSANE. That pace of loss carries a lot of risks, especially since you aren't starting from an extremely high weight. Going forward, slow and steady — one morning you'll put on those old high school jeans and have no idea how much you've actually dropped 😉
Honestly, my current weight is really high—at least by my own standards. I was around 95 kg back when I was 6ft-6ft1, but these days I'm 120 kg at 6'3. I'm carrying a lot of body fat (my guess is 40-50%, though I'm not sure if that's accurate). At the moment, yes, I'm going the grey route for a source. I'm not doing week on week off right now; the only reason that was happening before was that we hadn't locked in a source yet, and we were paying like 300%-400% extra for a single reta pen that got split among 3 people, so it was kinda yk. But now we've gone grey and each of us has our own kit. I mean, my source kinda aired me for a week after I sent payment, but I'ma just pray lol. Those 13 kilos are the first real weight loss I've had in a LONG time, so I think it's mostly water weight since I ate like a donut for months on end.
If it helps you feel any better, at 5'4 I was sitting around 110kg (at a push) 😆 and even that isn't all that much next to plenty of people on the forums and elsewhere online who've pushed into the 50kgs! I've got a set of scales that report my BF (likely not very accurate), so tracking that might be worth trying for you too.

Nice work avoiding the week on week off approach. Overpaying for sources and then finding out about gray is so irritating ahah I grieve the 1000s I burned with pharma and single vial rip off outfits in the UK. it is what it is !

Does your source come from here / is there a verifiable COA you can access ? this place is excellent for vetting vendors. if this one burns you, that sucks but just roll with the folks here. it has happened to the best of us

that first bit of weight coming off sets your expectations sky high, the same thing happened to me but as you drop more / that initial water weight it's gonna slow down. ride the wave my friend
sorry, sourcing talk is off limits here so i better not answer that lol
whoa i didn't even realize! feel free to keep posting lol
My post had 26 likes and 34 total reactions, then suddenly it got halved for no clear reason. This occurred just after a brief exchange with zip ( admin ), during which I came across as somewhat sarcastic

Edit: Apparently there's an automated mechanism that triggers when you talk too much???? I figured that's the whole point of a forum LOL
 
I've been at it for 8 weeks now, and I'm down 20lb (roughly 9kg).

When I first started, the side effects hit me hard. So I changed things up: I now do 2 shots per week that add up to 2mg (1mg on Sun, 1mg on Thu), and that schedule is still doing right by me.

Even though I dropped 12 lb during month 1, my appetite wasn't really blunted. The hunger suppression only showed up over the past 2 weeks, and these days I genuinely have to push myself to hit my calories and macros.

On top of that, electrolytes were a big help for getting through the GI issues.
 
CreepyZebra said:

I've been at it for 8 weeks now, and I'm down 20lb (roughly 9kg).

When I first started, the side effects hit me hard. So I changed things up: I now do 2 shots per week that add up to 2mg (1mg on Sun, 1mg on Thu), and that schedule is still doing right by me.

Even though I dropped 12 lb during month 1, my appetite wasn't really blunted. The hunger suppression only showed up over the past 2 weeks, and these days I genuinely have to push myself to hit my calories and macros.

On top of that, electrolytes were a big help for getting through the GI issues.
Honestly, headaches the day after injecting are the only thing I deal with, plus a bit of nausea and sulphur burps — though those two only show up if I've eaten something really greasy.
 
Wacky said:

CreepyZebra said:

I've been at it for 8 weeks now, and I'm down 20lb (roughly 9kg).

When I first started, the side effects hit me hard. So I changed things up: I now do 2 shots per week that add up to 2mg (1mg on Sun, 1mg on Thu), and that schedule is still doing right by me.

Even though I dropped 12 lb during month 1, my appetite wasn't really blunted. The hunger suppression only showed up over the past 2 weeks, and these days I genuinely have to push myself to hit my calories and macros.

On top of that, electrolytes were a big help for getting through the GI issues.
Honestly, headaches the day after injecting are the only thing I deal with, plus a bit of nausea and sulphur burps — though those two only show up if I've eaten something really greasy.
At the moment I have none, but during my first 2 weeks I dealt with GI problems, a rough heart rate, heartburn, complete food ick, awful sleep, and crushing fatigue. It was horrible
 
CreepyZebra said:

Wacky said:

CreepyZebra said:

I've been at it for 8 weeks now, and I'm down 20lb (roughly 9kg).

When I first started, the side effects hit me hard. So I changed things up: I now do 2 shots per week that add up to 2mg (1mg on Sun, 1mg on Thu), and that schedule is still doing right by me.

Even though I dropped 12 lb during month 1, my appetite wasn't really blunted. The hunger suppression only showed up over the past 2 weeks, and these days I genuinely have to push myself to hit my calories and macros.

On top of that, electrolytes were a big help for getting through the GI issues.
Honestly, headaches the day after injecting are the only thing I deal with, plus a bit of nausea and sulphur burps — though those two only show up if I've eaten something really greasy.
At the moment I have none, but during my first 2 weeks I dealt with GI problems, a rough heart rate, heartburn, complete food ick, awful sleep, and crushing fatigue. It was horrible
When I doubled my dose, I didn't really deal with many problems—mainly just food ick and fatigue, plus a ton of sulphur burps
 
Wacky said:

I've been using Reta ( 5mg ) for about 3-4 weeks, and I'm down 13 kg ( 134kg -> 120-121 kg ). I'm curious at what dosage folks began noticing crazy body changes, and how they got past side effects, ESPECIALLY sulphur burps omg I can't stand them. Share the biggest amount of weight you've dropped in 1 week/month — I want some motivation to lock in even harder fr.
My suggestion is to move up in dose slowly rather than speeding ahead, since you've already dropped 26 lbs or more. When I began increasing my dose rapidly, I ended up with some truly awful side effects, including severe skin sensitivity that is still affecting me after nearly three months.
 
BNLFL said:

8mg, dropped 42lbs (19kg) over 4 months. We're also doing a lower carb thing.
For Reta to really kick in for me, I needed 8-10mg per week. I wish lower doses had done the trick, but it performs just as well as Triz while avoiding the constipation problems (that was why I made the switch in the first place).
 
If your diet isn't cleaner and you aren't working out consistently, you won't see results that are as significant, since abs come from the kitchen and get sculpted in the gym. Consuming junk cancels out the fat-burning and appetite-suppressing effects.
 
I began taking reta on 1/5. Week 1 was .5mg, and at this point I'm injecting 2.5mg every 3.5 days. Twice a day I eat more or less anything I feel like, plus I get in light exercise 4 times per week. Each week I've been dropping 1-2 lbs. Should you eat clean and work out harder than I do, your losses will be much bigger than mine.
 
Skidude said:

There are a few reasons not to go too fast...

You'll still reach your goal, and the journey will be easier on you—plus your wallet will thank you!

When you keep weight loss at a gradual clip—usually about \(1\) to \(2\) pounds weekly—the collagen and elastin beneath your skin have enough time to adjust and tighten up while your body gets smaller. [1, 2]

Drop weight too quickly and your system goes into shock, blocking that needed tightening and leaving you with sagging or extra skin. Going slower lets your body make the change in a natural way

And yes—shedding pounds too rapidly, which generally means dropping more than 3 pounds (1.36 kg) each week, can raise your chances of gallstones and pancreatitis quite a bit. [1, 2]

When weight comes off fast (through crash diets, very-low-calorie plans, or bariatric surgery), your liver dumps more cholesterol into bile, and your gallbladder doesn't empty often enough—so sludge and stones can form. [1, 2, 3]

Yes, rapid weight loss can also strip away a lot of muscle. Some muscle loss tends to happen in any weight management effort, but when weight comes off quickly—often from severe calorie cutting—15–25% of the total lost can come from lean muscle mass
My mom went through this following chemo, and ultimately that was what took her life. That's why I make sure not to drop over 8lbs within a month. I'm sure my loose skin would've been much more severe had I shed weight faster.
 
sheilarae74 said:

I began taking reta on 1/5. Week 1 was .5mg, and at this point I'm injecting 2.5mg every 3.5 days. Twice a day I eat more or less anything I feel like, plus I get in light exercise 4 times per week. Each week I've been dropping 1-2 lbs. Should you eat clean and work out harder than I do, your losses will be much bigger than mine.
Hey, we began on the exact same day. Reta pals???🤝

sheilarae74 said:

Skidude said:

There are a few reasons not to go too fast...

You'll still reach your goal, and the journey will be easier on you—plus your wallet will thank you!

When you keep weight loss at a gradual clip—usually about \(1\) to \(2\) pounds weekly—the collagen and elastin beneath your skin have enough time to adjust and tighten up while your body gets smaller. [1, 2]

Drop weight too quickly and your system goes into shock, blocking that needed tightening and leaving you with sagging or extra skin. Going slower lets your body make the change in a natural way

And yes—shedding pounds too rapidly, which generally means dropping more than 3 pounds (1.36 kg) each week, can raise your chances of gallstones and pancreatitis quite a bit. [1, 2]

When weight comes off fast (through crash diets, very-low-calorie plans, or bariatric surgery), your liver dumps more cholesterol into bile, and your gallbladder doesn't empty often enough—so sludge and stones can form. [1, 2, 3]

Yes, rapid weight loss can also strip away a lot of muscle. Some muscle loss tends to happen in any weight management effort, but when weight comes off quickly—often from severe calorie cutting—15–25% of the total lost can come from lean muscle mass
My mom went through this following chemo, and ultimately that was what took her life. That's why I make sure not to drop over 8lbs within a month. I'm sure my loose skin would've been much more severe had I shed weight faster.
My bad. I never imagined gall stones could be that deadly. I've dropped over 25 lbs in a month on so many occasions.
 
Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

I began taking reta on 1/5. Week 1 was .5mg, and at this point I'm injecting 2.5mg every 3.5 days. Twice a day I eat more or less anything I feel like, plus I get in light exercise 4 times per week. Each week I've been dropping 1-2 lbs. Should you eat clean and work out harder than I do, your losses will be much bigger than mine.
Hey, we began on the exact same day. Reta pals???🤝

sheilarae74 said:

Skidude said:

There are a few reasons not to go too fast...

You'll still reach your goal, and the journey will be easier on you—plus your wallet will thank you!

When you keep weight loss at a gradual clip—usually about \(1\) to \(2\) pounds weekly—the collagen and elastin beneath your skin have enough time to adjust and tighten up while your body gets smaller. [1, 2]

Drop weight too quickly and your system goes into shock, blocking that needed tightening and leaving you with sagging or extra skin. Going slower lets your body make the change in a natural way

And yes—shedding pounds too rapidly, which generally means dropping more than 3 pounds (1.36 kg) each week, can raise your chances of gallstones and pancreatitis quite a bit. [1, 2]

When weight comes off fast (through crash diets, very-low-calorie plans, or bariatric surgery), your liver dumps more cholesterol into bile, and your gallbladder doesn't empty often enough—so sludge and stones can form. [1, 2, 3]

Yes, rapid weight loss can also strip away a lot of muscle. Some muscle loss tends to happen in any weight management effort, but when weight comes off quickly—often from severe calorie cutting—15–25% of the total lost can come from lean muscle mass
My mom went through this following chemo, and ultimately that was what took her life. That's why I make sure not to drop over 8lbs within a month. I'm sure my loose skin would've been much more severe had I shed weight faster.
My bad. I never imagined gall stones could be that deadly. I've dropped over 25 lbs in a month on so many occasions.
At the start of treatment she was 135lbs, and within under 2 months she dropped to 78lbs. That weight stuck with her right up until her death. The gallstone problems meant she could never put the weight back on. They took the gallstones out, but it made no difference.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Smiter said:

sheilarae74 said:

I began taking reta on 1/5. Week 1 was .5mg, and at this point I'm injecting 2.5mg every 3.5 days. Twice a day I eat more or less anything I feel like, plus I get in light exercise 4 times per week. Each week I've been dropping 1-2 lbs. Should you eat clean and work out harder than I do, your losses will be much bigger than mine.
Hey, we began on the exact same day. Reta pals???🤝

sheilarae74 said:

Skidude said:

There are a few reasons not to go too fast...

You'll still reach your goal, and the journey will be easier on you—plus your wallet will thank you!

When you keep weight loss at a gradual clip—usually about \(1\) to \(2\) pounds weekly—the collagen and elastin beneath your skin have enough time to adjust and tighten up while your body gets smaller. [1, 2]

Drop weight too quickly and your system goes into shock, blocking that needed tightening and leaving you with sagging or extra skin. Going slower lets your body make the change in a natural way

And yes—shedding pounds too rapidly, which generally means dropping more than 3 pounds (1.36 kg) each week, can raise your chances of gallstones and pancreatitis quite a bit. [1, 2]

When weight comes off fast (through crash diets, very-low-calorie plans, or bariatric surgery), your liver dumps more cholesterol into bile, and your gallbladder doesn't empty often enough—so sludge and stones can form. [1, 2, 3]

Yes, rapid weight loss can also strip away a lot of muscle. Some muscle loss tends to happen in any weight management effort, but when weight comes off quickly—often from severe calorie cutting—15–25% of the total lost can come from lean muscle mass
My mom went through this following chemo, and ultimately that was what took her life. That's why I make sure not to drop over 8lbs within a month. I'm sure my loose skin would've been much more severe had I shed weight faster.
My bad. I never imagined gall stones could be that deadly. I've dropped over 25 lbs in a month on so many occasions.
At the start of treatment she was 135lbs, and within under 2 months she dropped to 78lbs. That weight stuck with her right up until her death. The gallstone problems meant she could never put the weight back on. They took the gallstones out, but it made no difference.
Wow, that's truly terrifying. My heart goes out to you.
 
8 months in ,

The strongest point of loss kicked off @ 4mg, roughly 12-16 weeks in

I've dropped 20 kilos & never gone above my present weekly dose of 6 mg

right now 60kilos 🙂
 
3 weeks at 0.5, then 2 weeks at 1, followed by 3 weeks at 1.5. I've shed 15 lbs. Altogether, 7 weeks on retatrutide

I eased in gradually; during 0.5 and 1, the only effect I noticed was appetite suppression. Once at 1.5, my heart rate increased and I began waking up during the night, so I doubt I'll be able to increase the dose any time soon...
 
I'm dropping roughly 3 lbs each week. That said, my diet has been (and continues to be) quite aggressive. My routine involves alternate day fasting (36 to 40 hours of fasting, then an 8-12 hour window for eating) along with ketogenic eating. I began reta a month ago, and the main change I've noticed is that fasting now feels effortless, whereas previously it required a lot of willpower. This aggressive approach is necessary for me because I'm post menopausal, have years of yo-yo dieting behind me, and as a result my maintenance calories are only 1500 per day. That doesn't leave much room to reduce calories, unless I fast. If reta is causing any extra fat loss, I haven't noticed it yet. Still, I'm delighted by how easy it is now to stick with my eating pattern.
 
Day 155 for me, currently at 5mg weekly. In a few weeks I plan to move up to 6mg, and I'm hoping that gets me to my target — ideally around 230 pounds!
 
My weight loss comes in unpredictable bursts, and even during stretches when the scale won't budge, I notice my fat layers becoming... wrinkly, which tells me fat cells are being lost. so I'm content with that
 
kakiebean said:

I'm dropping roughly 3 lbs each week. That said, my diet has been (and continues to be) quite aggressive. My routine involves alternate day fasting (36 to 40 hours of fasting, then an 8-12 hour window for eating) along with ketogenic eating. I began reta a month ago, and the main change I've noticed is that fasting now feels effortless, whereas previously it required a lot of willpower. This aggressive approach is necessary for me because I'm post menopausal, have years of yo-yo dieting behind me, and as a result my maintenance calories are only 1500 per day. That doesn't leave much room to reduce calories, unless I fast. If reta is causing any extra fat loss, I haven't noticed it yet. Still, I'm delighted by how easy it is now to stick with my eating pattern.
I'd pick prison over this, as long as I had canteen funds 😉

The reta trials gave us my all-time favorite story: one participant was instructed to have ice cream so they wouldn't keep dropping too much weight. My guess is they had reached 10+ mg at that point.
 
Back
Top