Looking for a Bluetooth freezer thermometer recommendation

Whiynot20026

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Anyone here using one, or able to point me toward a decent model? I've been going back and forth on getting one, and honestly it's a bit overkill for my needs. Still, I'd like to pick one up. On Amazon they seem to range from about 25 to 100 bucks, but the reviews are all over the place.

Thanks,

Bill
 
I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



687e05986e984d8aed76864c6e7bca0d27e9b336e17c79b9ad926de3bfa9e652.webp
 
Save yourself the bother. Your peps are fine sitting in your freezer. And even if the freezer dies they'll still hold up fine until you get it repaired.
 
deluge said:

I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



View attachment 10329

Great, I've gone ahead and placed an order for it. That was actually the model I had my eye on.

Bill
 
zpped said:

Save yourself the bother. Your peps are fine sitting in your freezer. And even if the freezer dies they'll still hold up fine until you get it repaired.
That concern hits home for me too. The tricky part is that my wife is frequently on the road. We end up gone for many weeks at a stretch. So having that information matters.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

zpped said:

Save yourself the bother. Your peps are fine sitting in your freezer. And even if the freezer dies they'll still hold up fine until you get it repaired.
That concern hits home for me too. The tricky part is that my wife is frequently on the road. We end up gone for many weeks at a stretch. So having that information matters.

Bill
Just tell me where you live and when you'll be gone. I'll stay at your place and keep an eye on things, so your peps stay perfectly chilled.....
 
zpped said:

Save yourself the bother. Your peps are fine sitting in your freezer. And even if the freezer dies they'll still hold up fine until you get it repaired.
Yeah, thawing wouldn't ruin the peps. Even so, I'd still like to keep tabs on it. On top of that, there's 1/2 steer and 1/2 pig in there that I'm concerned about!
 
deluge said:

I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



View attachment 10329
Slightly off-topic, but Govee products work well for me. These arrived just a few days back.

be421241ce11fab2e177093099d56e41ef5086dc789f9ac264254d52a8859e45.webp
 
deluge said:

zpped said:

Save yourself the bother. Your peps are fine sitting in your freezer. And even if the freezer dies they'll still hold up fine until you get it repaired.
Yeah, thawing wouldn't ruin the peps. Even so, I'd still like to keep tabs on it. On top of that, there's 1/2 steer and 1/2 pig in there that I'm concerned about!
That's reasonable — in your case the meat does make a difference.

My only concern is people getting the impression it changes anything for the peptides. Even describing them as "thawing" is wrong. Peptides are already freeze dried. There's no liquid present, and the solid material can't freeze (it's already in a "frozen" state) or thaw (not unless you put it in an oven).
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Anyone here using one, or able to point me toward a decent model? I've been going back and forth on getting one, and honestly it's a bit overkill for my needs. Still, I'd like to pick one up. On Amazon they seem to range from about 25 to 100 bucks, but the reviews are all over the place.

Thanks,

Bill
I picked up a digital model for $8 that has no wifi or bluetooth, and it came with a magnet so I can attach it to the exterior... More than anything else, my main goal is just to find out whether the freezer actually reaches the -22c that it claims...
 
BNLFL said:

deluge said:

I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



View attachment 10329
Slightly off-topic, but Govee products work well for me. These arrived just a few days back.

View attachment 10330

We still haven't settled on a name for our club...but a name is definitely needed! LoL.

9c64f56fd0953ee28ee9fd122884641239127db41bd3915d53361772f2d2c3d0.webp
 
Blueeyedme said:

BNLFL said:

deluge said:

I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



View attachment 10329
Slightly off-topic, but Govee products work well for me. These arrived just a few days back.

View attachment 10330

We still haven't settled on a name for our club...but a name is definitely needed! LoL.

View attachment 10331
On the front soffit I've stuck 10 of them at depths of 1.5", 2" and 3", so I can see how they scallop across the house and how the ground gets lit. The app is configured fairly well on my end, though it's packed with so many options that it feels overwhelming.
 
zpped said:

deluge said:

zpped said:

Save yourself the bother. Your peps are fine sitting in your freezer. And even if the freezer dies they'll still hold up fine until you get it repaired.
Yeah, thawing wouldn't ruin the peps. Even so, I'd still like to keep tabs on it. On top of that, there's 1/2 steer and 1/2 pig in there that I'm concerned about!
That's reasonable — in your case the meat does make a difference.

My only concern is people getting the impression it changes anything for the peptides. Even describing them as "thawing" is wrong. Peptides are already freeze dried. There's no liquid present, and the solid material can't freeze (it's already in a "frozen" state) or thaw (not unless you put it in an oven).
Nice avatar, by the way.. lol!

A lot of stuff is basically harmless 😛
 
BNLFL said:

deluge said:

I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



View attachment 10329
Slightly off-topic, but Govee products work well for me. These arrived just a few days back.

View attachment 10330
man, that is killing me LOL
 
HoopFan said:

BNLFL said:

deluge said:

I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



View attachment 10329
Slightly off-topic, but Govee products work well for me. These arrived just a few days back.

View attachment 10330
man, that is killing me LOL
The final extras I need to mount them with brackets should arrive today and on Sunday. I've got a 16' 3 pin power cord, decent black hex head drill screws for the clips, and aftermarket brackets to swap out the poor-quality ones included with them. I had to bore a 1/2" hole through a solid 8" concrete wall. That's never a good time. Probably kick things off Monday.
 
BNLFL said:

deluge said:

I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



View attachment 10329
Slightly off-topic, but Govee products work well for me. These arrived just a few days back.

View attachment 10330
Our setup began with those, but we eventually switched over to a system controlled by xLights. That turned out to be the smartest move we've ever made. It does demand a bit more work and some learning on your part, yet what you can do with it has no limits.
 
Bingey666 said:

BNLFL said:

deluge said:

I've got this model. It cost $24. I also own several other Govee devices, and every single one has worked out well for me; take my bluetooth fridge thermometer as one instance.

Mine is configured so that push alerts come to me, while email alerts go to my wife (since I spend more time outside the country than inside it, looping us both in makes sense).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DZCRNP9J?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_4&th=1


Here's a sample of the readings I can pull up while 5,000 miles away from home:



View attachment 10329
Slightly off-topic, but Govee products work well for me. These arrived just a few days back.

View attachment 10330
Our setup began with those, but we eventually switched over to a system controlled by xLights. That turned out to be the smartest move we've ever made. It does demand a bit more work and some learning on your part, yet what you can do with it has no limits.
Do you have any photos? I realize the Pro system offers a limitless range of choices and color combinations.
 
Back
Top