Lilly's marketing approach and its pipeline of medications

Grogu said:

View attachment 10604



Eli Lilly Isn't Replacing Zepbound -- It's Building an Obesity Empire - AOL



And it's not too late to get in on the action.

View attachment 10605


www.aol.com

Instead of cutting into tirzepatide's sales, the company seems to be signaling to investors that retatrutide will target patients who are more obese and metabolically challenged, setting the product apart in the market. That ought to make for some interesting talks in doctors' offices.

Patient: Hey doc, I hear there's this amazing new drug out there and that I'll drop a lot of weight

Doc: Yeah, but you're not fat enough

Patient: Should I put on some weight

Doc: No, just take the less effective medication

Nine months later.....

Patient: Hey doc, I didn't lose enough, can I try that new drug?

Doc: Oh no, we have an adjunct called eloralintide that would be much better to add to the tirzepatide. Now you have to pay for two scripts.
A buddy and I were chatting about peptides earlier today. The Great Insurance Ban Hammer knocked me off Zepbound back in January. That's how I ended up discovering the grey market. Even if they suddenly reversed course and covered it again, I'd rather source it on my own, pay for it out of pocket at basically pennies per mg, and decide my own dosing. And to be honest, I think mine beats Lilly's. That said, Reta is really the only 1 I can speak to from experience - when I went the compounded route, my Tirz came from ProRX. Still, it felt stronger than Eli's.

After I got past the jitters of measuring my own dose and injecting myself, it's been smooth sailing. Having agency over this part of my health journey means a lot to me, and I feel fucking great.
 

Attachments

  • 40be300b596726da6d7a13e3cddc4f30c9bec4ce18391151c125a975bef3def0.jpg
    40be300b596726da6d7a13e3cddc4f30c9bec4ce18391151c125a975bef3def0.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 6
  • fec7d2a6a9f88618f444b1d23f33641cf946738dce162c62c5de5e03d54f82bf.png
    fec7d2a6a9f88618f444b1d23f33641cf946738dce162c62c5de5e03d54f82bf.png
    423 bytes · Views: 6
My guess is that retatrutide gets slotted as their flagship product for people with severe obesity, and possibly also for lowering liver fat, with a price tag above tirzepatide so the two are clearly separated in the marketplace. Based on what I've come across, GLP prices are only going to face more downward pressure over time, so an alternative would be to launch reta near where tirz sits today while cutting tirz's cost. Regardless of the strategy they pick, the deciding factor for prescribers will ultimately be which drug works better, and advertising plus pricing are really the only levers these companies hold. Since reta would be the strongest option available, a premium charge for it strikes me as the most probable outcome.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

Grogu said:

View attachment 10604



Eli Lilly Isn't Replacing Zepbound -- It's Building an Obesity Empire - AOL



And it's not too late to get in on the action.

View attachment 10605


www.aol.com

Instead of cutting into tirzepatide's sales, the company seems to be signaling to investors that retatrutide will target patients who are more obese and metabolically challenged, setting the product apart in the market. That ought to make for some interesting talks in doctors' offices.

Patient: Hey doc, I hear there's this amazing new drug out there and that I'll drop a lot of weight

Doc: Yeah, but you're not fat enough

Patient: Should I put on some weight

Doc: No, just take the less effective medication

Nine months later.....

Patient: Hey doc, I didn't lose enough, can I try that new drug?

Doc: Oh no, we have an adjunct called eloralintide that would be much better to add to the tirzepatide. Now you have to pay for two scripts.
A buddy and I were chatting about peptides earlier today. The Great Insurance Ban Hammer knocked me off Zepbound back in January. That's how I ended up discovering the grey market. Even if they suddenly reversed course and covered it again, I'd rather source it on my own, pay for it out of pocket at basically pennies per mg, and decide my own dosing. And to be honest, I think mine beats Lilly's. That said, Reta is really the only 1 I can speak to from experience - when I went the compounded route, my Tirz came from ProRX. Still, it felt stronger than Eli's.

After I got past the jitters of measuring my own dose and injecting myself, it's been smooth sailing. Having agency over this part of my health journey means a lot to me, and I feel fucking great.

If I had to pick, I'd take Zepbound over grey tirz without hesitation, since it spares me concerns about endotoxins, sterility, unidentified excipients, and these days, salts too. And upping the Zepbound dose remains an option.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Pay me no attention, I'm only running a test:

Capitalism?

Exhausted?

Edit: Alright, I'm done trying. Can someone point out where the prohibited content is here?

I tried to call a fraud a fraud, but the censor blocked it.

Edit: and now it goes through?
 
For maintenance and modest weight reduction, I see Orforglipron as the option. Tirzepatide gets promoted for mid-range loss. A tirzepatide plus Eloralintide pairing would be the rung above that. Retatrutide sits at the highest tier. On a personal level, low-dose Eloralintide alongside Reta appeals to me for upkeep, though EL hasn't put that combo through trials.
 
m100568 said:

For maintenance and modest weight reduction, I see Orforglipron as the option. Tirzepatide gets promoted for mid-range loss. A tirzepatide plus Eloralintide pairing would be the rung above that. Retatrutide sits at the highest tier. On a personal level, low-dose Eloralintide alongside Reta appeals to me for upkeep, though EL hasn't put that combo through trials.
I'm in the same boat
 
Back
Top