Lifting while on Reta — advice wanted

GortBong

Explorer
Joined
Mar 12, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Detroit, Michigan
58M, 195lbs, with a cancer history

I started Reta around 3 weeks ago, looking to shift about 20-30lbs. Lifting was something I did 20 years back, and I've got a picture in my head of properly getting back in shape — training again while the weight comes off. Reta does leave me a bit lethargic, so I looked at adding Mots-C or SS-31.

I've had cancer (skin as well as a tumour in the neck) and concluded I should stay well clear of anything that works through Angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation — tumours can hijack it to grow and spread).

Going by Grok, these peps are ones I should avoid given my history:

  • CJC-1295 (with or without DAC)
  • Ipamorelin
  • Sermorelin
  • GHRP-2, GHRP-6
  • Tesamorelin
  • Any IGF-1 analogs (IGF-1 LR3, IGF-1 DES)

Mots-C and or SS-31 seem fine though. Has anyone got experience running Mots or SS-31 to power through training sessions?

Thanks!
 
I've taken MOTS-C before training sessions 3 times per week. Fantastic! It delivers a genuine energy lift. SS-31 has also been part of my pre-workout routine, though it doesn't give me the same level of boost. With SS-31 I feel good, but it lacks the kick MOTS-C provides. During a MOTS cycle, I take NAD+ on the days I'm not using MOTS-C. I've come across people saying they combine NAD+ and MOTS-C before workouts and get fantastic results. I intend to try that combination on my next MOTS cycle.

Regarding AI for health guidance, I don't have a problem with it. The one caveat is that AI frequently validates whatever perspective you already hold, or at least what it has picked up about you. I make a point of asking it to present evidence both supporting and opposing the advice.
 
GortBong said:

58M, 195lbs, with a cancer history

I started Reta around 3 weeks ago, looking to shift about 20-30lbs. Lifting was something I did 20 years back, and I've got a picture in my head of properly getting back in shape — training again while the weight comes off. Reta does leave me a bit lethargic, so I looked at adding Mots-C or SS-31.

I've had cancer (skin as well as a tumour in the neck) and concluded I should stay well clear of anything that works through Angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation — tumours can hijack it to grow and spread).

Going by Grok, these peps are ones I should avoid given my history:

  • CJC-1295 (with or without DAC)
  • Ipamorelin
  • Sermorelin
  • GHRP-2, GHRP-6
  • Tesamorelin
  • Any IGF-1 analogs (IGF-1 LR3, IGF-1 DES)

Mots-C and or SS-31 seem fine though. Has anyone got experience running Mots or SS-31 to power through training sessions?

Thanks!
Yeah, for your situation a mitochondrial cleanser makes a lot of sense. My suggestion would be to start with SLU-PP-33, and after that SS-31. Capsules of an ephedra-based fat burner—containing caffeine plus other helpful compounds—are another option worth considering. Tesofensine is something else you might try; I'm currently taking it myself. Epicatechin and Urolithin-A are also part of my routine. It feels like these work together synergistically, and I've lost 2 lbs over 2 days, although I find that hard to believe. My current stack includes Adipotide, AOD-9604, and the Wolverine stack.
 
On the topic of AI: sure, I know it tends to tell you what you want to hear, yet the guidance I've gotten from it has actually been really solid, and I always double-check it here and on other sites. GROK and similar tools aren't flawless, but they're great at rapidly going through the data out there and pulling it together quite effectively.

Grok keeps reminding me to check with an Oncologist first. Still, I can't shake the feeling that they wouldn't know the first thing about how these peptides interact.
 
GortBong said:

58M, 195lbs, with a cancer history

I started Reta around 3 weeks ago, looking to shift about 20-30lbs. Lifting was something I did 20 years back, and I've got a picture in my head of properly getting back in shape — training again while the weight comes off. Reta does leave me a bit lethargic, so I looked at adding Mots-C or SS-31.

I've had cancer (skin as well as a tumour in the neck) and concluded I should stay well clear of anything that works through Angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation — tumours can hijack it to grow and spread).

Going by Grok, these peps are ones I should avoid given my history:

  • CJC-1295 (with or without DAC)
  • Ipamorelin
  • Sermorelin
  • GHRP-2, GHRP-6
  • Tesamorelin
  • Any IGF-1 analogs (IGF-1 LR3, IGF-1 DES)

Mots-C and or SS-31 seem fine though. Has anyone got experience running Mots or SS-31 to power through training sessions?

Thanks!
From what I've come across, cancer survivors ought to steer clear of BPC-157 too.

That's because there's a chance it could wake up dormant cancer cells.
 
GortBong said:

58M, 195lbs, with a cancer history

I started Reta around 3 weeks ago, looking to shift about 20-30lbs. Lifting was something I did 20 years back, and I've got a picture in my head of properly getting back in shape — training again while the weight comes off. Reta does leave me a bit lethargic, so I looked at adding Mots-C or SS-31.

I've had cancer (skin as well as a tumour in the neck) and concluded I should stay well clear of anything that works through Angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation — tumours can hijack it to grow and spread).

Going by Grok, these peps are ones I should avoid given my history:

  • CJC-1295 (with or without DAC)
  • Ipamorelin
  • Sermorelin
  • GHRP-2, GHRP-6
  • Tesamorelin
  • Any IGF-1 analogs (IGF-1 LR3, IGF-1 DES)

Mots-C and or SS-31 seem fine though. Has anyone got experience running Mots or SS-31 to power through training sessions?

Thanks!
Beyond that, it might be worth exploring keto or fasting phases to help tidy things up even more. I'm 43, past menopause, and I've taken ss-31 along with nad and mots c. At the start, the first 2 didn't feel like much, but roughly 8 weeks in, I've really seen my energy change. I don't need naps as often. It feels like I'm finally getting a handle on that mitochondrial dysfunction. Curious to find out what motsc will bring.
 
Back
Top