Libido fine but other problems

pokenmoms

Explorer
Joined
Jan 27, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest
I realize this is a bit of an uncomfortable subject, and I’m grateful to anyone who’s willing to offer advice or share what worked for them.

Other threads I’ve come across talk about libido problems linked to the medication as well as to eating fewer calories.

But has anyone kept their libido while running into trouble finishing? I mean the desire is still there, everything works, yet it takes far more effort or time to reach the end—if that even happens.

What things are worth trying? I’ve noticed pt 141 brought up in other threads, though it seems aimed more at libido problems specifically?
 
Have you already crossed off [[Q1]] and [[Q2]]? I ask because whenever I've gone through any kind of weight loss, those 2 factors have each had some kind of short-term effect on me in that area; at times it's been about desire, and at other times it's been about how much I get out of it.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Have you already crossed off [[Q1]] and [[Q2]]? I ask because whenever I've gone through any kind of weight loss, those 2 factors have each had some kind of short-term effect on me in that area; at times it's been about desire, and at other times it's been about how much I get out of it.
Emotionally, I don't think that's the culprit — if anything, my mood has actually improved a bit since I began.

Ruling out the low food intake is trickier. My target is a weekly loss of 2-3 pounds, and I've stayed fairly steady inside that range. For several months prior, I was holding a weekly loss rate of 1.5-2.5 and this problem wasn't present back then. Yes, I'm eating less and dropping more than I used to, but judging by my exercise capacity, lack of exhaustion, mental sharpness and so on, I believe I'm taking in enough.
 
Could it be a bit of overall anhedonia? Do you find yourself missing excitement or pleasure in other parts of everyday life?
 
latviantower said:

Could it be a bit of overall anhedonia? Do you find yourself missing excitement or pleasure in other parts of everyday life?
Nothing has changed that I can point to, though honestly, if I had lost a small amount of enthusiasm for other things, I doubt it would stand out next to the problem at hand, so that is a real possibility too.
 
Wow, that sounds really difficult. Sexual issues can stem from a huge number of causes, and most folks are juggling so MANY things at once that isolating one culprit and declaring "a-HA! THERE YOU ARE!" is nearly impossible. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Wow, that sounds really difficult. Sexual issues can stem from a huge number of causes, and most folks are juggling so MANY things at once that isolating one culprit and declaring "a-HA! THERE YOU ARE!" is nearly impossible. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
Among the side effects that could hit me, or the condition I'd surely have ended up with had I kept going down that path, this is just a small obstacle. At one point in my life, having this issue would likely have seemed like a blessing.

The point someone raised regarding anhedonia might really be onto something. My mood does seem better, though it's also possible that things simply don't peak as high or dip as low anymore. With any luck, time will sort it out. Thanks for the feedback.
 
GLP medications clearly influence dopamine receptors within the brain, and that absolutely has a connection to sex. Speaking purely from personal experience, my weight loss actually began somewhat unintentionally. I had been given escitalopram, an anti-depressant, and right away it shut down my urge to binge, my cravings, and my hunger signals. On top of that, it left me feeling somewhat like a zombie and caused some anorgasmia.

After roughly 3 months I stopped taking it, and a few months after that I began tirzepatide. In my case, the way it reduces my binging and food cravings is strikingly similar. Even though its impact on sexual response is not as pronounced as what the anti-depressant did, there is a notable overlap or crossover in how both act on my brain. SSRIs are well known for carrying anorgasmia as a side effect (delayed orgasm or the inability to reach orgasm)
 
This is a concern for me too. I already run into it occasionally, though it tends to happen as my estrogen rises.

On certain days, 8-10min of strictly PIV (foreplay excluded) is enough, but other days it stretches past 45min without ever finishing.
 
my dick in a box said:

This is a concern for me too. I already run into it occasionally, though it tends to happen as my estrogen rises.

On certain days, 8-10min of strictly PIV (foreplay excluded) is enough, but other days it stretches past 45min without ever finishing.
I haven't pinned down what's actually behind it yet, though things have gotten somewhat better as time has passed. These days it's only an issue on certain occasions, whereas before it was a struggle nearly every single time. My hope is that this trend keeps going the same way.
 
In my household, we call him "Reta Randy," and he shows up roughly 1 to 2 days ahead of Pin Day. When the trough reaches its lowest point, the shift in urge is clear. Fortunately, I have a wife who is also on this journey. We work out arrangements.
 
my dick in a box said:

This is a concern for me too. I already run into it occasionally, though it tends to happen as my estrogen rises.

On certain days, 8-10min of strictly PIV (foreplay excluded) is enough, but other days it stretches past 45min without ever finishing.
Honestly, the only thing I can add is that your username is fantastic. You could try adding a vibrator and/or something visual.... also look up low dose cialis for women, it aids blood flow and, well, clitoral swelling... and throw on some Led Zeppelin or, if that's not your thing, maybe Dave Mathews. Good luck MDIB (my dick in a box).
 
When I cut calories aggressively, my sex drive takes a hit. Perhaps adding some days with more food would reveal whether that shifts anything.
 
Going by the handle pokenmoms (poking moms), I'm guessing you're a guy. If that's right, have you gotten in touch with your urologist?
 
Back
Top