Ruckus4519
Explorer
Hello everyone. My start date is nearly here. Would you kind people mind fielding a handful of final questions? To set the scene: Tirz is the only thing I'm prepping for. I've also tacked my shopping list on the end, in case anything slipped my mind.
Sources I leaned on:
Already in the cart (about $120 all told):
Picking up locally:
Wishlist, for much later:
- Does each sterile vial need its own fresh filter?
- My idea was to divide the 30mg over 2-3 vials and keep the leftovers frozen, so one vial never lasts past 4-6 weeks.
- Would 3mL syringe barrels do?
- How many barrels does a single filter pass take?
- 50SGM winds up just "flushing" the filter through with air.
- The PDF guide gets away with one, yet I don't fancy contaminating the BAC vial — even if the air I'm pushing is only 0.1 mL, through the same barrel I recon'd with.
- Chances are I'm overthinking lol
- 50SGM winds up just "flushing" the filter through with air.
- Does filtering with two needle lengths actually beat sticking to one?
- 5/8″ (16mm) and 1 1/2″ (40mm)
- rather than the longer one on its own?
- Both show up in the PDF guide: 4x of the shorter one (venting included) and 1x of the longer one.
- Lengths never came up in 50SGM's post — only the gauges.
- 5/8″ (16mm) and 1 1/2″ (40mm)
- Vial Opener - would it be a bad idea for drawing up the last drops or whatever
- pH Test strips - a pack went in, though that's probably not very useful unless I get KLOW or any of its components, right?
Sources I leaned on:
- ForestForay's PDF Recon and Filter Guide, hosted on the STG website
- WLBLD's First Supply Order from Last Month
- plus 50ShadesGreyMarket's Filtering Guide from last November
Already in the cart (about $120 all told):
- 2 vials of 30mL BAC water
- syringe barrels, 3mL, 100 needed
- needles for 25g 5/8", 100 of them
- needles for 25g 1.5", another 100
- sterile PES syringe filters, 0.22um 4mm, 20 of them
- empty sterile vials, 5mL, 10 of them
- pH test strips, 1 pack
- vial opener, 1
Picking up locally:
- insulin syringes
- alcohol prep pads
- 70% iso alcohol
- a spray bottle
- something like a metal baking sheet, maybe
- sharps container
Wishlist, for much later:
- pens
- pen needles
- sterile cartridges
- (Turtle is my likely source, though I still haven't worked out what to do with a four-pack)
- Hydrapeak food jar, 32oz
- silicone vial holders
- compatible ice pack
- desiccants
- Molecular sieves came up as an alternative to silica gel for temperatures below 0 — is that overkill? They're billed as reusable, and they aren't too pricey either.
- "vials" to keep the desiccants in
- possibly 3D printed.