Last-minute questions before first dose

techiemichael

Explorer
Joined
Jan 24, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Reta is on its way. I came across a pre-fill pen (Synedica) through a vendor I was comfortable with. Vials were my original plan, but I couldn't locate a supplier I trusted 100%.

I've settled on 1mg as my starting dose.

Before I begin, I have a few things I'd like cleared up so I can relax.

1. There's a half marathon this Sunday — is it smarter to hold off and inject Monday instead?

2. On calories: what's everyone eating to hit their macros? I'm aiming for 2k, with 180grams of that being protein. Protein shakes will probably carry me here.

3. Besides peptides, what other supplements do you use alongside Reta for support and side effects?

Anything I should keep an eye on? Any info you wish you'd had before starting that nobody mentioned?
 
Sharing your beginning numbers and what you're aiming for would help. Around these parts, a half marathon is a curious thing to take on before getting started.😂

1: Your call, but I injected right away once my first Zepbound arrived. Sides were never a problem.

2: I don't restrict anything, and there's a thread going about it. If protein versus volume is on your mind, lean meat works well. Over a couple months I've gone through 15?lb of protein powder. Greek yogurt is a solid pick. Broadly speaking, I can still eat everything I used to, whenever I feel like it. For hard effort, carbs count.

3: PHGG fiber plus HMB-FA. Not tied to the above, D3K2-7.
 
techiemichael said:

Reta is on its way. I came across a pre-fill pen (Synedica) through a vendor I was comfortable with. Vials were my original plan, but I couldn't locate a supplier I trusted 100%.

I've settled on 1mg as my starting dose.

Before I begin, I have a few things I'd like cleared up so I can relax.

1. There's a half marathon this Sunday — is it smarter to hold off and inject Monday instead?

2. On calories: what's everyone eating to hit their macros? I'm aiming for 2k, with 180grams of that being protein. Protein shakes will probably carry me here.

3. Besides peptides, what other supplements do you use alongside Reta for support and side effects?

Anything I should keep an eye on? Any info you wish you'd had before starting that nobody mentioned?
1. Yep, or you could even push it to a later day in the week after you've bounced back

2. Protein is fine, I agree. That said, I simply use it when I need it and don't overthink it. Stay consistent but don't get worked up. Reta makes eating better easier, like actually wanting a salad instead of a burger and fries.

3. In the days following your injection, steer clear of vitamin pills or anything that might back you up, at least until you're at ease with pooping regularly. I strongly suggest psyllium husk, plenty of it, all the time.

Also, for the first round I'd begin at a lower dose, take half mg instead of one, then increase as needed. You'll notice it. Not in a huge way, but the shifts should be apparent. This helps with side effects, and ramping up gradually is a solid plan. Initially I figured I'd follow something like the phase 3 trials, but once I got going I've grown more comfortable with smaller doses since I'm seeing positive changes, so I'll go up as needed. I figure I'll reach 8mg at some point, but there's no hurry.
 
techiemichael said:

Reta is on its way. I came across a pre-fill pen (Synedica) through a vendor I was comfortable with. Vials were my original plan, but I couldn't locate a supplier I trusted 100%.

I've settled on 1mg as my starting dose.

Before I begin, I have a few things I'd like cleared up so I can relax.

1. There's a half marathon this Sunday — is it smarter to hold off and inject Monday instead?

2. On calories: what's everyone eating to hit their macros? I'm aiming for 2k, with 180grams of that being protein. Protein shakes will probably carry me here.

3. Besides peptides, what other supplements do you use alongside Reta for support and side effects?

Anything I should keep an eye on? Any info you wish you'd had before starting that nobody mentioned?
I'd hold off too, just to play it safe.

Hypoglycemia is the worst thing that could happen.

Runner's diarrhea driven by the GLP is another possibility. Though lower GI symptoms might not show up for closer to 48+ hours.

On the supplement front, I use quite a few, but electrolytes are my top pick for GLPs — chances are you're already on them. Taurine is another one that comes up alongside electrolytes (it's a staple with the steroid bros for warding off cramps, heart protection, and so on).
 
I'd hold off. There's no way to predict how your body will react. Each person responds differently. It might be nothing at all, or it might be something.
 
Hold on. It could be wiser to let your body get back to normal first, rather than adding another load on it. When I say load, I mean anything unfamiliar. Best of luck!
 
If you plan to assess how you felt and how you performed both during and after the race, I'd hold off and avoid adding another variable.

As another person mentioned, psyllium husk works really well as an addition and has helped me stay more regular.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

techiemichael said:

Reta is on its way. I came across a pre-fill pen (Synedica) through a vendor I was comfortable with. Vials were my original plan, but I couldn't locate a supplier I trusted 100%.

I've settled on 1mg as my starting dose.

Before I begin, I have a few things I'd like cleared up so I can relax.

1. There's a half marathon this Sunday — is it smarter to hold off and inject Monday instead?

2. On calories: what's everyone eating to hit their macros? I'm aiming for 2k, with 180grams of that being protein. Protein shakes will probably carry me here.

3. Besides peptides, what other supplements do you use alongside Reta for support and side effects?

Anything I should keep an eye on? Any info you wish you'd had before starting that nobody mentioned?
1. Yep, or you could even push it to a later day in the week after you've bounced back

2. Protein is fine, I agree. That said, I simply use it when I need it and don't overthink it. Stay consistent but don't get worked up. Reta makes eating better easier, like actually wanting a salad instead of a burger and fries.

3. In the days following your injection, steer clear of vitamin pills or anything that might back you up, at least until you're at ease with pooping regularly. I strongly suggest psyllium husk, plenty of it, all the time.

Also, for the first round I'd begin at a lower dose, take half mg instead of one, then increase as needed. You'll notice it. Not in a huge way, but the shifts should be apparent. This helps with side effects, and ramping up gradually is a solid plan. Initially I figured I'd follow something like the phase 3 trials, but once I got going I've grown more comfortable with smaller doses since I'm seeing positive changes, so I'll go up as needed. I figure I'll reach 8mg at some point, but there's no hurry.
Is there a specific psyllium husk brand you recommend, or do you just use whichever one does the job? My R arrived and it's looking pun, so the moment my injection supplies show up I'm jumping in—this thread has been a huge help, thank you!
 
Waderwaiter said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

techiemichael said:

Reta is on its way. I came across a pre-fill pen (Synedica) through a vendor I was comfortable with. Vials were my original plan, but I couldn't locate a supplier I trusted 100%.

I've settled on 1mg as my starting dose.

Before I begin, I have a few things I'd like cleared up so I can relax.

1. There's a half marathon this Sunday — is it smarter to hold off and inject Monday instead?

2. On calories: what's everyone eating to hit their macros? I'm aiming for 2k, with 180grams of that being protein. Protein shakes will probably carry me here.

3. Besides peptides, what other supplements do you use alongside Reta for support and side effects?

Anything I should keep an eye on? Any info you wish you'd had before starting that nobody mentioned?
1. Yep, or you could even push it to a later day in the week after you've bounced back

2. Protein is fine, I agree. That said, I simply use it when I need it and don't overthink it. Stay consistent but don't get worked up. Reta makes eating better easier, like actually wanting a salad instead of a burger and fries.

3. In the days following your injection, steer clear of vitamin pills or anything that might back you up, at least until you're at ease with pooping regularly. I strongly suggest psyllium husk, plenty of it, all the time.

Also, for the first round I'd begin at a lower dose, take half mg instead of one, then increase as needed. You'll notice it. Not in a huge way, but the shifts should be apparent. This helps with side effects, and ramping up gradually is a solid plan. Initially I figured I'd follow something like the phase 3 trials, but once I got going I've grown more comfortable with smaller doses since I'm seeing positive changes, so I'll go up as needed. I figure I'll reach 8mg at some point, but there's no hurry.
Is there a specific psyllium husk brand you recommend, or do you just use whichever one does the job? My R arrived and it's looking pun, so the moment my injection supplies show up I'm jumping in—this thread has been a huge help, thank you!
Whatever kind is fine, the health food stores around here stock it in 1kg bags. I pick up one of those plus some capsules too; to me they all seem identical, so I just go for whatever is decently priced.

My method is to stir a few spoons into water, mix it fast, and down it right away, like doing a shot of tequila. If you let it sit in the glass it thickens into jelly quickly, so you stir briefly and then swallow it immediately.

Begin with just a little, then gradually increase to a level that feels right for you. I have a big glass of water in the morning and another once I'm back from work.
 
Please, whatever you do, do not start a brand-new medication you have never taken just before an event you have prepared for and are excited about! I have to roll my eyes at the "I'm terrified of side effects, it's been 7 days and I still can't bring myself to take it" crowd (I don't say it out loud, though, because randompersonrandom, don't be a crotchety old woman), but running 12 miles while feeling mildly nauseated would be such a letdown.
 
ambot88 said:

techiemichael said:

I went ahead and did my first shot once the event wrapped up.
wise decision. how did the event go? what's the reta making you feel like?
Completed 21km with a time of 1:28:32, really pleased with that result.

On the positive side, my nipples have been somewhat tender. The hunger suppression was noticeable through Tuesday. However, it now appears to have faded entirely. My injection of 2.5mg was taken Sunday evening. Since I was using a pre-filled pen, 2.5mg was the only choice available to me as a starting dose.
 
techiemichael said:

ambot88 said:

techiemichael said:

I went ahead and did my first shot once the event wrapped up.
wise decision. how did the event go? what's the reta making you feel like?
Completed 21km with a time of 1:28:32, really pleased with that result.

On the positive side, my nipples have been somewhat tender. The hunger suppression was noticeable through Tuesday. However, it now appears to have faded entirely. My injection of 2.5mg was taken Sunday evening. Since I was using a pre-filled pen, 2.5mg was the only choice available to me as a starting dose.
A half marathon under 90 minutes is no joke!

Do you really think weight loss medication is necessary in your case? Back when I was doing marathons and clocking sub-90 minute finishes, I was ripped and could not put on weight no matter what I tried.
 
Oh, I gave this a lot of thought. My body fat percentage sits at 14.8, yet the fat around my trunk refuses to budge. Every method out there has been attempted by me.

On top of that, the sugar cravings that were hitting me were absolutely insane.

These days I'm pulling back from running and putting my attention on lifting instead.
 
techiemichael said:

Oh, I gave this a lot of thought. My body fat percentage sits at 14.8, yet the fat around my trunk refuses to budge. Every method out there has been attempted by me.

On top of that, the sugar cravings that were hitting me were absolutely insane.

These days I'm pulling back from running and putting my attention on lifting instead.
Kayaking is the top choice for working the trunk — it demands serious core engagement to stay balanced and avoid capsizing, and then the upper body takes over as you drive the paddle through the water.

That said, it likely only makes sense if you're close to a river or ocean suited to kayaking. It's a very demanding fitness activity that challenges you in ways a gym simply can't replicate.
 
Funny you mention that — a few years back I used to kayak, but I ended up selling all my gear. It just wouldn’t all fit, and I’d burn roughly 1 hour on prep and travel before I even got on the water.

How’s it going for you on the GLPs?
 
techiemichael said:

Oh, I gave this a lot of thought. My body fat percentage sits at 14.8, yet the fat around my trunk refuses to budge. Every method out there has been attempted by me.

On top of that, the sugar cravings that were hitting me were absolutely insane.

These days I'm pulling back from running and putting my attention on lifting instead.
As for losing the fat around my midsection, I put that down to tesa.
 
Back
Top