KLOW is fighting me on the filter

thebonus

Explorer
Joined
May 4, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Baltimore
So, a KLOW kit has landed and I am about to break it open, which meant digging the tackle box out and getting to work. It went into 3mL of Hospira BAC water and that part behaved perfectly.

I am pushing it through into a 3mL pen cartridge, so everything gets wiped down and the venting needle goes into the cartridge first. Next I fixed my 13mm, .22u PES filter onto the syringe and slid the luer lock needle over the slip end of it. The opening two mL passed without complaint, but coaxing the final .5 mL through the filter was a nightmare. Blowing the filter out was the last thing I wanted, so once it became brutally hard to push I simply called it a day.

Nothing particulate showed up in the vial before filtering, and I had left it sitting for about twenty minutes after reconstituting. I am trying to work out where I went wrong, or whether KLOW has given anyone else this kind of trouble.
 
thebonus said:

So, a KLOW kit has landed and I am about to break it open, which meant digging the tackle box out and getting to work. It went into 3mL of Hospira BAC water and that part behaved perfectly.

I am pushing it through into a 3mL pen cartridge, so everything gets wiped down and the venting needle goes into the cartridge first. Next I fixed my 13mm, .22u PES filter onto the syringe and slid the luer lock needle over the slip end of it. The opening two mL passed without complaint, but coaxing the final .5 mL through the filter was a nightmare. Blowing the filter out was the last thing I wanted, so once it became brutally hard to push I simply called it a day.

Nothing particulate showed up in the vial before filtering, and I had left it sitting for about twenty minutes after reconstituting. I am trying to work out where I went wrong, or whether KLOW has given anyone else this kind of trouble.
How to filter is a total mystery to me, but my tackle box only arrived tonight so I will be filtering everything from here on. Having watched a few videos, my one thought - and it may be nonsense - is whether you could not simply pull the needle out, point it up at the ceiling and fit a fresh filter and needle, then push the remaining ML through. If that is not it, could it be that too much Klow stays behind in the old filter? You could always draw the lot back. Only a thought. Once again, I have not the faintest idea what I am doing and am still learning.

Bill
 
Back
Top