Khavinson Peptide Bioregulators: Independent Validation Assessment

trojanpeptide

Explorer
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
saskatoon, canada
bafb3e8de649a93f024a63132a3a1b99edd7af384b59cd41da555baa4cf95971.webp


d37181b0346041880e4625ac2ee481794b867d98aa3502d50100274d3a442599.webp


EDIT: seems Bronchogen, Ala-Glu-Asp-Leu (AEDL) slipped my mind. Outside the original research group, it still has no scientific verification, and although its mechanisms look plausible in preclinical models, they don't have wide academic backing.

Should I have overlooked any others, just point them out.
 
Nice roundup. One you might want to include is Cardiogen. A handful of papers report notable findings: increased apoptosis within tumor tissue in a rat sarcoma model, reduced apoptosis markers alongside greater proliferation in myocardial tissue culture, plus lowered heart rate in an induced stress model.

It would be great if full texts, not just abstracts, were accessible. Please share if you come across anything else.
 
Thanks DK, I figured there were a few I'd overlooked. Still, if you do a fast lookup on cardiogen and ask whether there are independent studies beyond Vladimir Khavinson's circle, the answer comes back: "The vast majority of published studies originate from the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology and associated Russian research teams. While some co-authors (e.g., Chalisova, Levdik, Knyazkin {which are the papers you linked DK}) appear in publications, they are typically affiliated with the same research network. There is no substantial body of peer-reviewed, independently replicated research from Western or international institutions validating Cardiogen's effects in clinical or large-scale preclinical settings. Reviews and commercial summaries often cite the plausible mechanism of action—short peptides influencing gene expression—but consistently note the lack of independent verification and the need for broader scientific validation".

That isn't me dismissing every bioregulating sequence I named. It's that independent confirmation is missing, and at times the connection behind certain claims stretches thin—cartalax having been examined in kidney cells, for instance, or vesugen triggering nfkb expression. Epitalon came out of the Khavinson group and it holds up, so why not others? Even so, the reasoning around a number of these peptides doesn't quite line up.
 
Appreciate you sharing that. I have to say I lean toward doubt when the research is extremely niche and comes entirely from a single investigator or team — something that frequently seems tied to Russia or Eastern Europe, where during the Cold War the scientific enterprise developed apart from the West. My guess is this is a lingering consequence of that split: Russian studies largely stand alone, a few of these peptides are actually used in clinical settings over there, yet Western trials or reproductions are generally absent. I have talked this over with chatgpt.

Unless someone invests serious time checking each reference closely, the bulk — possibly all — of the epitalon research cited consists of cell-based work rather than human clinical trials. So if the benchmark is safe and effective in humans, calling the evidence strong seems like a stretch. If the discussion is only about reproducing the basic science, then I will not push back. Still, drawing those lines clearly matters, since real people are using these peptides. I realize the same researchers in Russia have run clinical trials, but what you really want is independent clinical trial replication. The incentive for that is probably weak: if these peptides occur naturally or were created in Russia, patenting them is likely impossible, which means no route for pharmaceutical companies to recoup the huge cost of clinical trials — so it probably will not happen.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Appreciate you sharing that. I have to say I lean toward doubt when the research is extremely niche and comes entirely from a single investigator or team — something that frequently seems tied to Russia or Eastern Europe, where during the Cold War the scientific enterprise developed apart from the West. My guess is this is a lingering consequence of that split: Russian studies largely stand alone, a few of these peptides are actually used in clinical settings over there, yet Western trials or reproductions are generally absent. I have talked this over with chatgpt.

Unless someone invests serious time checking each reference closely, the bulk — possibly all — of the epitalon research cited consists of cell-based work rather than human clinical trials. So if the benchmark is safe and effective in humans, calling the evidence strong seems like a stretch. If the discussion is only about reproducing the basic science, then I will not push back. Still, drawing those lines clearly matters, since real people are using these peptides. I realize the same researchers in Russia have run clinical trials, but what you really want is independent clinical trial replication. The incentive for that is probably weak: if these peptides occur naturally or were created in Russia, patenting them is likely impossible, which means no route for pharmaceutical companies to recoup the huge cost of clinical trials — so it probably will not happen.
You were quicker than me on that. Western research probably won't materialize, since western BP firms stand to gain nothing financially from it. I had just been reviewing what patents exist around the Khavinson bioregulators:

Patenting of Khavinson Bioregulators

Patent Landscape Summary

Vladimir Khavinson played a central role in creating peptide bioregulators, which find use in gerontology and medicine. His efforts have resulted in many patent filings covering these bioregulators.

Main Details

Patent Count: 196 patents are held by Khavinson, spanning Russian and international jurisdictions.

Peptide Varieties: More than 20 complexes of physiologically active peptides have been extracted by him, and 15 additional ones were synthesized from amino acids. Patents in multiple countries, among them the US, Canada, and Europe, protect these peptides.

Medicinal Application: 6 medicinal peptide preparations that Khavinson developed have received approval for medical use in Russia and other CIS countries.

The conclusion is that no rigorous research will be carried out either to confirm or refute his entire body of work.
 
What I'd really like to come across is a rigorous, scientific-grade breakdown of how solid the human evidence actually is for these compounds. My hunch is that such an assessment would land somewhere from zero evidence up to extremely poor-quality evidence on both safety and effectiveness — it all hinges on how they judge risk of bias, plus the general standard of the human trials conducted in Russia. I haven't gone through many of these papers in particular, but a number of the Russian nootropic studies I have looked at struck me as not particularly rigorous.
 
Epitalon, at minimum, has been examined in western research — for instance, Epitalon increases telomere length in human cell lines through telomerase upregulation or ALT activity — and that work backs up its activity. It would be genuinely great if every bioregulator underwent the same kind of testing (though, wow, that linked paper contains quite a few corrections).

Chili777 said:

lessthanhalf said:

Appreciate you sharing that. I have to say I lean toward doubt when the research is extremely niche and comes entirely from a single investigator or team — something that frequently seems tied to Russia or Eastern Europe, where during the Cold War the scientific enterprise developed apart from the West. My guess is this is a lingering consequence of that split: Russian studies largely stand alone, a few of these peptides are actually used in clinical settings over there, yet Western trials or reproductions are generally absent. I have talked this over with chatgpt.

Unless someone invests serious time checking each reference closely, the bulk — possibly all — of the epitalon research cited consists of cell-based work rather than human clinical trials. So if the benchmark is safe and effective in humans, calling the evidence strong seems like a stretch. If the discussion is only about reproducing the basic science, then I will not push back. Still, drawing those lines clearly matters, since real people are using these peptides. I realize the same researchers in Russia have run clinical trials, but what you really want is independent clinical trial replication. The incentive for that is probably weak: if these peptides occur naturally or were created in Russia, patenting them is likely impossible, which means no route for pharmaceutical companies to recoup the huge cost of clinical trials — so it probably will not happen.
You were quicker than me on that. Western research probably won't materialize, since western BP firms stand to gain nothing financially from it. I had just been reviewing what patents exist around the Khavinson bioregulators:

Patenting of Khavinson Bioregulators

Patent Landscape Summary

Vladimir Khavinson played a central role in creating peptide bioregulators, which find use in gerontology and medicine. His efforts have resulted in many patent filings covering these bioregulators.

Main Details

Patent Count: 196 patents are held by Khavinson, spanning Russian and international jurisdictions.

Peptide Varieties: More than 20 complexes of physiologically active peptides have been extracted by him, and 15 additional ones were synthesized from amino acids. Patents in multiple countries, among them the US, Canada, and Europe, protect these peptides.

Medicinal Application: 6 medicinal peptide preparations that Khavinson developed have received approval for medical use in Russia and other CIS countries.

The conclusion is that no rigorous research will be carried out either to confirm or refute his entire body of work.
that's an enormous number of patents! You would expect far more testing to back all of it up.

lessthanhalf said:

What I'd really like to come across is a rigorous, scientific-grade breakdown of how solid the human evidence actually is for these compounds. My hunch is that such an assessment would land somewhere from zero evidence up to extremely poor-quality evidence on both safety and effectiveness — it all hinges on how they judge risk of bias, plus the general standard of the human trials conducted in Russia. I haven't gone through many of these papers in particular, but a number of the Russian nootropic studies I have looked at struck me as not particularly rigorous.
right. Rather than merely 'take this it will help'. My hope is that over the next couple years, with Kennedy showing such strong enthusiasm for peptides, peptides will finally get the respect they deserve.
 
Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
 
Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
honestly, Vesugen is something I'm wary about. KED, which is Vesugen, reduces FOXO1 while increasing NFkB.

According to Gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cell aging cultures: modulation by short peptides, "KED peptide inhibited FOXO1 gene expression by 1.6-2.3 fold" and "AED, KED, and KE stimulated expression of the NFκB gene in both models". I've brought this up before (link), I guess short term shouldn't be a problem (?)

If you do end up using it, please keep a journal, I'm curious how it affects you.

Doesn't Uther offer most of these bioregulators in a box? not sure, I haven't interacted with him, but I saw it on that site.

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.

Even though they aren't from the Khavinson group, they still came from Russia (good catch!) They've also gotten independent studies from international institutions.
 
I'll proceed gradually, as is my habit. I came across this Vesugen document, yet like most such materials it seems to rely solely on Khavinson's work. https://guidetopeptide.com/product/vesugen/

trojanpeptide said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
honestly, Vesugen is something I'm wary about. KED, which is Vesugen, reduces FOXO1 while increasing NFkB.

According to Gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cell aging cultures: modulation by short peptides, "KED peptide inhibited FOXO1 gene expression by 1.6-2.3 fold" and "AED, KED, and KE stimulated expression of the NFκB gene in both models". I've brought this up before (link), I guess short term shouldn't be a problem (?)

If you do end up using it, please keep a journal, I'm curious how it affects you.

Doesn't Uther offer most of these bioregulators in a box? not sure, I haven't interacted with him, but I saw it on that site.

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.

Even though they aren't from the Khavinson group, they still came from Russia (good catch!) They've also gotten independent studies from international institutions.
My main supplier offers them at $30 cheaper per kit compared to Uther. He's enthusiastic about most of his products. He also carries most of them, but has increased minimum order requirements to $800.
 
Should Cerebrolysin also be included here? From what I've come across, it has more independent research behind it than anything else.
 
trojanpeptide said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
honestly, Vesugen is something I'm wary about. KED, which is Vesugen, reduces FOXO1 while increasing NFkB.

According to Gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cell aging cultures: modulation by short peptides, "KED peptide inhibited FOXO1 gene expression by 1.6-2.3 fold" and "AED, KED, and KE stimulated expression of the NFκB gene in both models". I've brought this up before (link), I guess short term shouldn't be a problem (?)

If you do end up using it, please keep a journal, I'm curious how it affects you.

Doesn't Uther offer most of these bioregulators in a box? not sure, I haven't interacted with him, but I saw it on that site.

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.

Even though they aren't from the Khavinson group, they still came from Russia (good catch!) They've also gotten independent studies from international institutions.

Additionally, assuming Gemini isn't making things up, Semax's creation did involve Khavinson — though others were part of it too:

Vladimir Khavinson's Role in the Creation of Semax

Semax, a synthetic peptide, counts Vladimir Khavinson as a notable figure in its development. His reputation rests on wide-ranging investigations into peptide bioregulators and how they are used in medicine.

Work on Peptides

Designing and running clinical trials for novel peptide medications, Semax among them, formed a central part of Khavinson's efforts. His input helped clarify how peptides act, an essential piece for creating treatments.

About Semax

Semax acts as an analog of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and came about during the 1980s through the work of Russian scientists, Khavinson included. Cognitive performance, neuroprotection, and mood regulation are among the areas where it may offer advantages.

Several peptide-based drugs, Semax being one, have entered clinical practice thanks to Khavinson's studies.
 
yrrdead said:

Should Cerebrolysin also be included here? From what I've come across, it has more independent research behind it than anything else.
To me, it belongs alongside the eastern bloc peptides without question. The distinction is that this one is actually a multi-component blend of brain-derived proteins rather than a brief amino chain like the majority of bioregulators. Even so, when it comes to what it does, it lines up with them perfectly.
 
yrrdead said:

Should Cerebrolysin also be included here? From what I've come across, it has more independent research behind it than anything else.
The origins of Cerebrolysin trace back to Austria, where neurologist Gerhart Harrer at the University of Innsbruck first created it in 1949. I need to dig deeper into this particular one.

Chili777 said:

trojanpeptide said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
honestly, Vesugen is something I'm wary about. KED, which is Vesugen, reduces FOXO1 while increasing NFkB.

According to Gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cell aging cultures: modulation by short peptides, "KED peptide inhibited FOXO1 gene expression by 1.6-2.3 fold" and "AED, KED, and KE stimulated expression of the NFκB gene in both models". I've brought this up before (link), I guess short term shouldn't be a problem (?)

If you do end up using it, please keep a journal, I'm curious how it affects you.

Doesn't Uther offer most of these bioregulators in a box? not sure, I haven't interacted with him, but I saw it on that site.

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.

Even though they aren't from the Khavinson group, they still came from Russia (good catch!) They've also gotten independent studies from international institutions.

Additionally, assuming Gemini isn't making things up, Semax's creation did involve Khavinson — though others were part of it too:

Vladimir Khavinson's Role in the Creation of Semax

Semax, a synthetic peptide, counts Vladimir Khavinson as a notable figure in its development. His reputation rests on wide-ranging investigations into peptide bioregulators and how they are used in medicine.

Work on Peptides

Designing and running clinical trials for novel peptide medications, Semax among them, formed a central part of Khavinson's efforts. His input helped clarify how peptides act, an essential piece for creating treatments.

About Semax

Semax acts as an analog of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and came about during the 1980s through the work of Russian scientists, Khavinson included. Cognitive performance, neuroprotection, and mood regulation are among the areas where it may offer advantages.

Several peptide-based drugs, Semax being one, have entered clinical practice thanks to Khavinson's studies.
this is all new to me... solid addition.

Chili777 said:

I'll proceed gradually, as is my habit. I came across this Vesugen document, yet like most such materials it seems to rely solely on Khavinson's work. https://guidetopeptide.com/product/vesugen/

trojanpeptide said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
honestly, Vesugen is something I'm wary about. KED, which is Vesugen, reduces FOXO1 while increasing NFkB.

According to Gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cell aging cultures: modulation by short peptides, "KED peptide inhibited FOXO1 gene expression by 1.6-2.3 fold" and "AED, KED, and KE stimulated expression of the NFκB gene in both models". I've brought this up before (link), I guess short term shouldn't be a problem (?)

If you do end up using it, please keep a journal, I'm curious how it affects you.

Doesn't Uther offer most of these bioregulators in a box? not sure, I haven't interacted with him, but I saw it on that site.

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.

Even though they aren't from the Khavinson group, they still came from Russia (good catch!) They've also gotten independent studies from international institutions.
My main supplier offers them at $30 cheaper per kit compared to Uther. He's enthusiastic about most of his products. He also carries most of them, but has increased minimum order requirements to $800.
this guide isn't research—every citation is either what we already brought up, or unrelated to vesugen and instead covers sirt or other proteins. So basically, it all rests on khavinson's own work.

Seeing NFkB go up with vesugen use raises a red flag for me. That's tied to the inflammasome. Sure, it plays a role in immune activation, but what's the benefit here? Long-term NFkB elevation is linked to illness. On the restless leg syndrome front, have you tried Magnesium and vitamin B6? There's a legitimate review out of a Western institution: Effects of Dietary Supplementation in Patients with Restless Legs Syndrome: A Systematic Review. As for peripheral artery disease, please check out my recent post on MT1 (linked). It's a total game changer for artherosclerosis, with mechanistic and some academic support behind it.
 
Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
For quite some time, the Khavinson peptides have held a strong grip on my attention, and last year I laid in a supply from what Uther was selling. With the exception of Chonluten and Cortagen, he provided Janoshik links covering every one of them.

Out of the three you brought up, here are 2:

Vesugen Pinealon
 
trojanpeptide said:

yrrdead said:

Should Cerebrolysin also be included here? From what I've come across, it has more independent research behind it than anything else.
The origins of Cerebrolysin trace back to Austria, where neurologist Gerhart Harrer at the University of Innsbruck first created it in 1949. I need to dig deeper into this particular one.

Chili777 said:

trojanpeptide said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
honestly, Vesugen is something I'm wary about. KED, which is Vesugen, reduces FOXO1 while increasing NFkB.

According to Gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cell aging cultures: modulation by short peptides, "KED peptide inhibited FOXO1 gene expression by 1.6-2.3 fold" and "AED, KED, and KE stimulated expression of the NFκB gene in both models". I've brought this up before (link), I guess short term shouldn't be a problem (?)

If you do end up using it, please keep a journal, I'm curious how it affects you.

Doesn't Uther offer most of these bioregulators in a box? not sure, I haven't interacted with him, but I saw it on that site.

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.

Even though they aren't from the Khavinson group, they still came from Russia (good catch!) They've also gotten independent studies from international institutions.

Additionally, assuming Gemini isn't making things up, Semax's creation did involve Khavinson — though others were part of it too:

Vladimir Khavinson's Role in the Creation of Semax

Semax, a synthetic peptide, counts Vladimir Khavinson as a notable figure in its development. His reputation rests on wide-ranging investigations into peptide bioregulators and how they are used in medicine.

Work on Peptides

Designing and running clinical trials for novel peptide medications, Semax among them, formed a central part of Khavinson's efforts. His input helped clarify how peptides act, an essential piece for creating treatments.

About Semax

Semax acts as an analog of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and came about during the 1980s through the work of Russian scientists, Khavinson included. Cognitive performance, neuroprotection, and mood regulation are among the areas where it may offer advantages.

Several peptide-based drugs, Semax being one, have entered clinical practice thanks to Khavinson's studies.
this is all new to me... solid addition.

Chili777 said:

I'll proceed gradually, as is my habit. I came across this Vesugen document, yet like most such materials it seems to rely solely on Khavinson's work. https://guidetopeptide.com/product/vesugen/

trojanpeptide said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
honestly, Vesugen is something I'm wary about. KED, which is Vesugen, reduces FOXO1 while increasing NFkB.

According to Gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cell aging cultures: modulation by short peptides, "KED peptide inhibited FOXO1 gene expression by 1.6-2.3 fold" and "AED, KED, and KE stimulated expression of the NFκB gene in both models". I've brought this up before (link), I guess short term shouldn't be a problem (?)

If you do end up using it, please keep a journal, I'm curious how it affects you.

Doesn't Uther offer most of these bioregulators in a box? not sure, I haven't interacted with him, but I saw it on that site.

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.

Even though they aren't from the Khavinson group, they still came from Russia (good catch!) They've also gotten independent studies from international institutions.
My main supplier offers them at $30 cheaper per kit compared to Uther. He's enthusiastic about most of his products. He also carries most of them, but has increased minimum order requirements to $800.
this guide isn't research—every citation is either what we already brought up, or unrelated to vesugen and instead covers sirt or other proteins. So basically, it all rests on khavinson's own work.

Seeing NFkB go up with vesugen use raises a red flag for me. That's tied to the inflammasome. Sure, it plays a role in immune activation, but what's the benefit here? Long-term NFkB elevation is linked to illness. On the restless leg syndrome front, have you tried Magnesium and vitamin B6? There's a legitimate review out of a Western institution: Effects of Dietary Supplementation in Patients with Restless Legs Syndrome: A Systematic Review. As for peripheral artery disease, please check out my recent post on MT1 (linked). It's a total game changer for artherosclerosis, with mechanistic and some academic support behind it.

Magnesium is something I should check into, even though I already take in some. As for B6, iron, and Vit C, nothing has shifted.

What stands out is that Khavinson appeared as a co-author on the research showing NFkB gets upregulated, and then just 1 year later put out a different study praising its advantages for Alzheimer's patients. The paper you reference is the sole 1 I can locate that brings up this upregulation. That doesn't prove it's incorrect, just that it calls for further study, and that's exactly what led us to this point!
 
yeddie said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
For quite some time, the Khavinson peptides have held a strong grip on my attention, and last year I laid in a supply from what Uther was selling. With the exception of Chonluten and Cortagen, he provided Janoshik links covering every one of them.

Out of the three you brought up, here are 2:

Vesugen Pinealon
That's a relief. Appreciate it, Yeddie. I checked Janoshik and nothing showed up for them. I'd also overlooked that Uther has them all cross-linked. Good to know they aren't just tacked on, since they're likely less widely used than the rest.
 
yeddie said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
For quite some time, the Khavinson peptides have held a strong grip on my attention, and last year I laid in a supply from what Uther was selling. With the exception of Chonluten and Cortagen, he provided Janoshik links covering every one of them.

Out of the three you brought up, here are 2:

Vesugen Pinealon
Have you personally looked into any of these? If so, did you notice any personal upside or none at all?
 
Chili777 said:

yeddie said:

Chili777 said:

Beyond Epitalon, my own experience suggests Semax and Selank deliver what they claim. While neither fits the bioregulator category, both still count as Khavinson peptides.

There are 3 bioregulators I've noted for future investigation: Chonluten, Vesugen and Pinealon. Vesugen tops my list due to what's reported about its vascular action. I came across something recently suggesting peripheral artery disease and restless leg syndrome may share a connection, and RLS has been something I've dealt with for the past year. Obviously my own results would amount to nothing more than anecdata, but I'll report back on what I observe.

A separate concern: testing of bioregulators seems far less extensive than for other peptides. Janoshik, for instance, doesn't appear to carry any results for these compounds. I've located 3 vendors able to supply up to 16 of the bioregulators on that list, though I still need to determine whether proper testing is possible.
For quite some time, the Khavinson peptides have held a strong grip on my attention, and last year I laid in a supply from what Uther was selling. With the exception of Chonluten and Cortagen, he provided Janoshik links covering every one of them.

Out of the three you brought up, here are 2:

Vesugen Pinealon
Have you personally looked into any of these? If so, did you notice any personal upside or none at all?
For a period, I used Cartalax and my knee pain appeared to lessen. Prostamax was another one I took for roughly 2 months, yet I couldn't tell whether it had any effect—though with BPH, most therapies need around 6 months before real improvement becomes apparent. (My urologist prescribed several medications and made it clear that results wouldn't come immediately.)
 
For Ovagen, I came across a single study, and Pancragen has several that don't come only from Khavinson (monkeys, additional monkeys, plus rats.)

My checking was limited to a handful, done through Neemio.com. That site ranks among my top resources because it provides every compound detail, pharmacokinetics, research study links, and so on.
 
Back
Top