bamagirl26 said:
HouseCat said:
Same thing happened to me — frost showed up inside my hydrapeak and it freaked me out for a second. Lypholized peps hold up fairly well (they pass through all kinds of temperature swings during shipping, after all), so I just took some paper towels and dried the whole interior, then added a couple of desiccant packs. The thin fiber type works well for putting between inserts, and I top it off with a thicker silicone one. After opening it again to add more items, there’s been zero moisture or frost!
(Right now only 2 inserts fit in my HPeak because one is slightly bigger for my 10mL compounded vials, but @woundcarping ’s trick of using the small flat ones as an air barrier sounds good…I’ll try it once I’m back to using only 3mL inserts.)
Alright, tomorrow morning I'll take care of it. The garage gets really warm, so that likely played a part. I'll also move it further back in the freezer. Might even transfer it to the indoor freezer, because the temperature in there is probably more consistent without the hot garage air hitting it. I'm so pumped!! It looks like my raw materials, supplies, storage stuff AND labels are all coming together. Reconstituting is what comes next! No need for any at the moment though, so that can hold off for a while. YeeeeeeHawwwwwwww!! I might just have to begin a new pep, purely so I've got something to tinker with!