Keeping BAC around for later batches

Whiynot20026

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
The freeze dried Tirzep 30MG is what I have, along with the 31ML bottle of BAC. Any risk in drawing 3ML of the BAC into another 3ML vial so it can be used to reconstitute the Tirzep later? Would transferring BAC between vials damage it in any way.

Bill
 
Could you walk me through the reasoning behind that approach? Officially, BAC is good for 28 days once opened, though in practice a lot of people stretch it much longer — even up to 3 months. Given that BAC doesn't cost much, what's the point of transferring 3ML into a vial and saving it for the Tiez? I'm not knocking it, just want to get where you're coming from.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Could you walk me through the reasoning behind that approach? Officially, BAC is good for 28 days once opened, though in practice a lot of people stretch it much longer — even up to 3 months. Given that BAC doesn't cost much, what's the point of transferring 3ML into a vial and saving it for the Tiez? I'm not knocking it, just want to get where you're coming from.
I'm handing over several vials to a friend, and they'll do the reconstitution down the road, so this way they won't need to purchase BAC themselves.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

gimmeshelter said:

Could you walk me through the reasoning behind that approach? Officially, BAC is good for 28 days once opened, though in practice a lot of people stretch it much longer — even up to 3 months. Given that BAC doesn't cost much, what's the point of transferring 3ML into a vial and saving it for the Tiez? I'm not knocking it, just want to get where you're coming from.
I'm handing over several vials to a friend, and they'll do the reconstitution down the road, so this way they won't need to purchase BAC themselves.

Bill
understood. Can't think of a reason it would fail. Use a sterile needle and a sterile vial. It ought to be okay in principle, though it might be worth hearing what others say.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

gimmeshelter said:

Could you walk me through the reasoning behind that approach? Officially, BAC is good for 28 days once opened, though in practice a lot of people stretch it much longer — even up to 3 months. Given that BAC doesn't cost much, what's the point of transferring 3ML into a vial and saving it for the Tiez? I'm not knocking it, just want to get where you're coming from.
I'm handing over several vials to a friend, and they'll do the reconstitution down the road, so this way they won't need to purchase BAC themselves.

Bill
Splitting it out is okay. Just keep things sterile while you make that aliquot.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Whiynot20026 said:

gimmeshelter said:

Could you walk me through the reasoning behind that approach? Officially, BAC is good for 28 days once opened, though in practice a lot of people stretch it much longer — even up to 3 months. Given that BAC doesn't cost much, what's the point of transferring 3ML into a vial and saving it for the Tiez? I'm not knocking it, just want to get where you're coming from.
I'm handing over several vials to a friend, and they'll do the reconstitution down the road, so this way they won't need to purchase BAC themselves.

Bill
understood. Can't think of a reason it would fail. Use a sterile needle and a sterile vial. It ought to be okay in principle, though it might be worth hearing what others say.
That was my thinking too. Still, there’s often a detail that slips past me. Appreciate it.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

gimmeshelter said:

Whiynot20026 said:

gimmeshelter said:

Could you walk me through the reasoning behind that approach? Officially, BAC is good for 28 days once opened, though in practice a lot of people stretch it much longer — even up to 3 months. Given that BAC doesn't cost much, what's the point of transferring 3ML into a vial and saving it for the Tiez? I'm not knocking it, just want to get where you're coming from.
I'm handing over several vials to a friend, and they'll do the reconstitution down the road, so this way they won't need to purchase BAC themselves.

Bill
understood. Can't think of a reason it would fail. Use a sterile needle and a sterile vial. It ought to be okay in principle, though it might be worth hearing what others say.
That was my thinking too. Still, there’s often a detail that slips past me. Appreciate it.

Bill
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. There's a ton to pick up!
 
Provided you maintain proper sterile technique throughout, there shouldn't be any issue.

I prepare my own BAC water, and batches have stayed good for as long as 6 months (though in practice they get used before that point).

So far, using a still air box has worked without problems for me.
 
When you prepare your own, just mix his at the same time. Then have him keep the mixed vial in the freezer until 1 day before he plans to use it, and after that put it in the fridge. I mix several vials in 1 go and follow this routine for myself. Before every puncture, swab the tops with alcohol each time.

This goes against the official recommendations, so judge for yourself.
 
Back
Top